PDA

View Full Version : Feb edition of Rapid out now.

Gix11
25-01-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1264433425.jpg

From Jeff:

The February 2010 issue of Rapid Bikes is now on sale in your local newsagent! You’ll read about Jeff’s trip to Portimao, Portugal, to test the S 1000 RR – and Wayne Gardner rides Biaggi’s RSV4, Xaus’s S 1000 RR and Fabrizio’s 1098. Kevin Ash tests RSV4R at tge world launch.
This month features the Kings of Wanneroo – written by our very own Andrew Pitt, the Movember ride along the Central Coast and Part 1 of Rapid legends – exploring Murray Sayle’s eventful career.
We’ve also included a new column for the ladies by Rebecca McCutcheon and a Quick test by Ruth Liew. Matt Mingay fills us in on what happened over the Christmas break and Wayne Gardner, Andrew Pitt and Stu McGraw continue to entertain us with their monthly columns.
We’ve got plenty of modified bikes gracing the pages – including an angry TLR, a trick VMAX streetfighter, a hot Buell XB and an old school Gixer 1100.
Project Buell is almost ready to give away to one lucky subscriber! We recap what we’ve done to the new collector’s item so far…
Grab yourself a copy now for $8.95.

Gitzy
25-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Ya got it, I be sure to add to the collection :D

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/P10-11-09_2044.jpg

Cruisecontrol
25-01-2010, 05:38 PM
The bike on the cover was dropped off at my work before the test.
I was told that I could take it for a spin but of course if I bent it I was paying for it. Needless to say I merely admired it from a distance... Wild looking bit of kit.

WATEVR
25-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Gitzy fair effort there, i believe i am missing 2 or 3 copies in my collection. i do have 2 copies of the original FUBAR that was MOTO!!

Gitzy
25-01-2010, 06:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by WATEVR

Gitzy fair effort there, i believe i am missing 2 or 3 copies in my collection. i do have 2 copies of the original FUBAR that was MOTO!!

ahh nice, which ones are you missing? I have a couple of doubles mate if they match up I'll post em off to you.. I got em all, working on my Streetfighters mag collection.. got #92 all the way through to #192, heres an old pic..

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/P10-11-09_2007.jpg

25-01-2010, 08:16 PM
You bastards! I haven't got mine yet...

JackTar
25-01-2010, 08:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

I was told that I could take it for a spin but of course if I bent it I was paying for it. Needless to say I merely admired it from a distance... Wild looking bit of kit.

The post office?

Cruisecontrol
25-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Yep.

sharky
26-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Personnaly I will be stopping the mag at my local shop (I would buy it without even looking inside).
For the one or two bikes in there worth looking at (and there are quite a few I have already seen on this site and others) it needs more to get me interested, and to get my money.
I used to enjoy stu's bit (when I had respect for him) but thats long gone.
I will now check each issue first before buying...Its still sitting on the coffee table barely read (apart from the vmax).

Large
26-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I saw that issue an Extreme Creations last week.
It pissed me off so much I wrote to the Editor and told him I'd never read another issue as long as the cunt of a lawyer was writing for it.

Boasting about getting a fuckwit off his 10th dui/unlicenced offence without jailtime is a bit much for mine.

I really hope one of Mark Lawson's rellies is on the road when the fuckwit goes for his 11th...

26-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Just a thought... check out the list of sponsors at the bottom of this page. Very short list, eh?

Cruisecontrol
26-01-2010, 07:55 PM
If you were a donating member you could answer your own question.

fimpBIKES
28-01-2010, 04:40 AM
best custom tlr in australia?!!!?!?
tut tut tut mr ware

pappas
28-01-2010, 09:27 AM

Which bike? On the cover? The one he travelled to Portugal to Ride? "You’ll read about Jeff’s trip to Portimao, Portugal, to test the S 1000 RR "

28-01-2010, 08:45 PM

If you were a donating member you could answer your own question.

I don't understand your reply.

When I look at the list of sponsors at the bottom of the page, I can only see one magazine.

Not many other companies, either.

JackTar
28-01-2010, 08:49 PM
If you were a donating member you would understand his reply.

28-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Are there more advertisers revealed when you become a donating member?

JackTar
28-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Nope.

fimpBIKES
28-01-2010, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

I saw that issue an Extreme Creations last week.
It pissed me off so much I wrote to the Editor and told him I'd never read another issue as long as the cunt of a lawyer was writing for it.

Boasting about getting a fuckwit off his 10th dui/unlicenced offence without jailtime is a bit much for mine.

I really hope one of Mark Lawson's rellies is on the road when the fuckwit goes for his 11th...

i agree

its like last month when these "young ladys" went on a crime spree ripping the number plates off over 30 cars up and down my street on their way to the train station

that night there was a road plant right out on the road where it happened, they werent spotted doing dodgy things around parked cars and yelled at by the council workers
and were caught on the train stations security footage

the dumb bitchs didnt even use a fucking screwdriver so they fucked the mounting nuts in my front bumper for the plate, and scratched the shit out of my neighbours car
then just threw the plates in gardens and shit WTF

anyways, i went to the cop shop and made a statement

nothing happened other than a follow up phone call by the cop who seemed confident he would finally nail these two girls who were known to get into trouble

then the apprentice at work says to me
"oh, you know those two girls
my dad got them off cos the council worker couldnt positively identify them and they werent doing anything illegal on the train station footage"
fucking hell!!!!

but yeah, rant over
i dont see how that dude gets off gloating about it and sleeps at night

ps- just saw on the news, the cops busted a fuckstick in lake macquarie FIVE TIMES over the limit on the weekend, oh and his license was taken off him over TWENTY YEARS AGO wtf??!?!?!

Cruisecontrol
28-01-2010, 09:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by pappas

Which bike? On the cover? The one he travelled to Portugal to Ride? "You’ll read about Jeff’s trip to Portimao, Portugal, to test the S 1000 RR "

Is the one on the cover the one in the story?

Gix11
29-01-2010, 01:36 PM
By the way, good to see Greg's slabbie in there. Nice one mate.