PDA

View Full Version : AUSFR.COM Whats the go (Prob stirring some shit)

Gitzy
25-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Okay prob gonna stir some shit up here, or cop some form of abuse.. but hey who cares..

Just got my new copy of Rapidmag and read the 1 page "Fightin Words" section by Stu Mgraw,
my opinion.. Dribble as usual.. It got me thinking, seen as though the Streetfighter scene has obviously picked up over the years in OZ prob because of sites like our very own ASF to inspire more and more people to enter our little world.. Why don't they have someone who plays a major role in our scene, and someone who is, say a regular participant in atleast this forum, seen as though its the only real source of anything and everything fighter wise in Oz,

What i mean is i'd rather read something, whether it be dribble or not being written by someone like GIX11, EXBEN or even LARGE.. who are always on here, always have an opinion and always have something to offer..

I know it seems like i'm 'Stu Mcgraw (qickdraw) Bashing, but i have purchased some stuff of AUSFR.COM and have received said items rather quickly and well shipped, but I seem to be the only one,having mates who have had nothing but trouble with communication or waiting months for parts etc, I dont think I have EVER read i good word said about Stu on this website in fact i've read some very colourful opinions of him on here which may account for him not posting anything since April 2009. Yes i know the FIREFIGHTER was kinda AUSFR.com rolling advert and a good one at that, but didnt Ben do all the work? I could be wrong..

Just think for someone who, runs pretty much the only Fighter Parts shop in Oz, and kinda acts as our voice for 1 page every month in a magazine, should play more of a part in our day to day forum reading via parts and info or anything he can offer..

Well thats my rant, anyone else offer any opinions on this feel free to add, if your a personal mate of Stu try not to take this personal and abuse me, read the facts and base your opinion on that, thats all I ask..

Gitzy.

devo
25-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Maybe you should talk to Gix mate , then you would understand .

sharky
25-01-2010, 11:32 AM
The fact that stu hasn't posted on this site since the AFR 09 says more than I could be bothered to write about him......but when I take a crap later I will be thinking of him...

Fight_fan
25-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Thats it mate... It goes beyond the shit after sales service!
Unfortunately Stu was still hangin round ASF when he 1st got his column. I'd say thats the only reason he still has it!
Still, I understand where ur coming from. Someone who no longer associates with the 'fighter movement (for lack of a better word) in this country seemingly couldnt really have a proper grasp of what the majority are feeling or doing. Certainly wouldnt be my vote for a 'voice' that was supposed to represent us... But its all politics!

Tony Nitrous
25-01-2010, 01:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

gonna stir some shit

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5337/stuu.jpg

latheboy
25-01-2010, 02:20 PM
My opinion..... Yer mate its in the post...

Cruisecontrol
25-01-2010, 02:24 PM

i'm 'Stu Mcgraw (qickdraw) Bashing
Gitzy.

So the requirement to write about streetfighters for a magazine should be based solely on how much you post on the ASF website?

Haha, take the blinkers off.

This site is not the be all and end all of the streetfighter scene in this country. Yes, there are a lot of great people here with a wealth of info but as I said, it is not everything.
There are countless blokes and blokettes that are doing all that we do here without the need or desire to post it up on a website for some sort of validation.

If you don't like the man, fair enough, but to base a rant about someone solely on the fact that he does not post here is really clutching at straws...

sharky
25-01-2010, 02:37 PM
quote:If you don't like the man, fair enough, but to base a rant about someone solely on the fact that he does not post here is really clutching at straws...
As far as I am concerned there is a lot more to it than that.

Gitzy
25-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm not basing solely on that Cruise, plus you miss quoted me, I'm sure theres plenty of people out there who contribute in there wealth of knowledge to the fighter community, but i dont know any of them, i only know of the people on here who i can read about and see there end products or hard work.. If its politics involved and who you know, or whatever that lets him write in, pretty much the only Oz bike mag worth reading, i think thats wrong, he doesn't have to post if he chooses not to but i really havent seen anything contributed by him, no donations to Save AFR, terrible communication from what i've heard business wise and constant dribble in said magazine.. just think that a page or 2 in a magazine should be written by someone who contributes more to anything fighter wise at all, not just a forum.. in my opinion someone who runs one of the only Streetfighter parts shop in Oz should use this forum or any other means possible to promote his business.. just wanted to clear that up..

Cruisecontrol
25-01-2010, 03:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

As far as I am concerned there is a lot more to it than that.

Either say what the issue is or stop with the cryptic posts...

Cruisecontrol
25-01-2010, 03:20 PM

I'm not basing solely on that Cruise, I'm sure theres plenty of people out there who contribute in there wealth of knowledge to the fighter community, but i dont know any of them, i only know of the people on here who i can read about and see there end products or hard work.. If its politics involved and who you know, or whatever that lets him write in, pretty much the only Oz bike mag worth reading, i think thats wrong, he doesn't have to post if he chooses not to but i really havent seen anything contributed by him, no donations to Save AFR, terrible communication from what i've heard business wise and constant dribble in said magazine.. just think that a page or 2 in a magazine should be written by someone who contributes more to anything fighter wise at all, not just a forum.. in my opinion someone who runs one of the only Streetfighter parts shop in Oz should use this forum or any other means possible to promote his business.. just wanted to clear that up..

You seem to think that everything is based around this website. It isn't.

As you said, it is a page in a magazine.
It is an avenue to get streetfighters out and seen by a wider audience and in turn help the scene grow.
There is no room for specifics and it would get very tiresome having our own little circle-jerk published monthly in a bike mag. "Ooh, Jim did this, and Rod did that, haha" Who cares?
Not the majority of people that read the mag and based on comments of late, it seems that there were not enough modified bikes being shown so it was given the arse by a lot of members here anyway.

sharky
25-01-2010, 03:45 PM
quote:Either say what the issue is or stop with the cryptic posts...
Walking around at AFR 08/09 as if he was king dick and it was all HIS event...
Running a mile when there were financial losses...leaving Si to pick up the pieces.
Slandering a lot of long term and hard working members at a meeting after the AFR09.

He thought we were a gold mine that he could milk...most of us have now seen through that and see him for the money grabber he is.

KATO ZX7
25-01-2010, 04:22 PM
i have met stu once.

All i have to say is this, after going out of my way too send pics to him for his colum, re-sizing and re-imaging, (and it took me ages because i am computor stupid) i didnt even get a thanks, either by way of email or a mention in said mag,so i dont have a very good opinion of stu either. Thanks goes along way in my books. Is this how he normally would operate?

Thats my 2 cents

Cruisecontrol
25-01-2010, 04:49 PM

Running a mile when there were financial losses...leaving Si to pick up the pieces.
Slandering a lot of long term and hard working members at a meeting after the AFR09.

He thought we were a gold mine that he could milk...most of us have now seen through that and see him for the money grabber he is.

Yeah, that is a pretty shitty thing to do to people he no doubt regarded as friends prior to the event.

But on the whole, I couldn't care less who wrote that column, because it is all opinion and no matter what, somebody somewhere won't agree with what is written.

sen
25-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I have no clue on the background of all this since i'm just a noob here, but magazines in general will just publish the best stuff they can get.. so if someone here is good at writing, just send something in to them and say "Yo, THIS is what we think should be in that section, want to consider publishing it?"

No idea if this particular mag is the same, but worked with plenty of car mags in the past (10yrs ago, but still)..

Just my 2yen ;)

El_Hefty
25-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Why use the column to have a shot like 'worlds slowest project bike' and 'you dont get any chance to get the work done or motivate anyone else to do it'...... im sure you would never see the whole story in his column

For me the guys a cock

80s freak
26-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Need a bigger spoon Gitzy that's a big pot of shit your stirring there. I have stated before that I'm not a huge fan of the mag because they seem to have lost contact with the proper custom jap bike scene of which we are a wing. So to have someone who appears to have lost contact with the streetfighter scene writing about it isn't really a suprise. If it's just a bling bike your after, then ausfr and rapid are perfect for you.
My biggest problem with ausfr is stock levels and pricing, why support and aussie business when I can get things alot cheaper and quicker from overseas.
There's my turn on the spoon.

TurboKat
26-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Rapid will keep him around because he gives them free bits for their project bikes in return for credibility & advertising, lots of magazines operate that way.

rod185651
26-01-2010, 02:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Yeah, that is a pretty shitty thing to do to people he no doubt regarded as friends prior to the event.

But on the whole, I couldn't care less who wrote that column, because it is all opinion and no matter what, somebody somewhere won't agree with what is written.

I agree with Dan on this one,
who cares who writes that single page of shit every month. Personally I don't think much of Stu or AUSFUR purely for the way he treats people like they are one of his RAAFY subordinates who he can talk down to or totally ignore when he fucks up a mail order. I have a few mates who build street fighters but are not on this forum and a few more who are members here and to be honest I don't know any one who actually gives a fuck any more what Stu or on that Matter anyone else has to print in a one page throw away column in Rapid or any other magazine.
It made me laugh when I read in one of his columns (Last November I think) that the street fighter scene was dying in Australia. However, in the month that article was published, the Victorian ASF guys had an organised ride out to BanditRod's for a bash, the NSW ASF guys had the Nobody Fools Run, the QLD AFR members had the 1770 ride and the WASF members continued having organised rides and helping each other with inspiring bike builds. Gitzy mate, the guy is so out of touch it's not funny, so don't stress what he has to write mate. ;)

ozzy1100
26-01-2010, 03:28 PM
to me its just a mag page and i dont think most of us into fighters gives a fuck whats on paper (streetfighter excemp lol and yes i cant fucking spell lol)
but i think what the tin of worms is what people think of stu.
there are people here that i have spoken about this matter (afr,asf etc) and i have 2 respect their view, they have been closer 2 it all than me
1 bloke was one of the closest 2 it all is pretty much all neg.......and as i think he is a top bloke and have a lot of time for what he says i listen
but i must say haveing before and during the afr spent time and delt with stu and his lovly wife i havnt a bad word 2 say, and as i havent talked or delt with them after
its hard for me 2 look down on him with out hearing his side 2 the story.
now none of this is 2 say what people are saying isnt true ,i dont know enough and i think many of us are in the same boat
in the mean time i dont think its worth my time getting upset about but in reality i think things just run a course with 2 diff outlooks on where we sould head
and yes i know this is of topic lol
have 2 say tho reading between the lines on some the things we has writen i dont agree but fuck it thats fighters for u
other wise id join the gold wing fucking club for pussy's not hard arsed fighters
ps if si ever tells me 2 take my head out my arse and hes a cunt ..well if its si il just say can i have yr baby lol

Jockney Rebel
27-01-2010, 01:41 AM
ive done the write up for NFR and itll be published i think soon ..ive just been busy lately with 2 jobs and shit

rod185651
27-01-2010, 06:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

ive done the write up for NFR and itll be published i think soon ..ive just been busy lately with 2 jobs and shit

I'll buy the Rapid to read that one

JackTar
27-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Will it be in 'English' or 'grounds keeper willy'?

BANDITROD
27-01-2010, 06:43 PM
bwahahahahahahahahahahaha to true blowie

RC36
27-01-2010, 07:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Will it be in 'English' or 'grounds keeper willy'?

I vote for Willy!!! :)

I stopped reading them mags after they tried to tell eveyone that a custom made drag bike was a "fighter" that was better then Jugde. Sorry but just couse you can dropped more cash into a bike then my house loan and not get it rego at time of print dont make it a fighter in my books.......

But to me at the end of the day, when I need parts or custom work I cant do then I will go to would has the best name around, not the woste one.... Not that the shop in question has anything there for my bike [xx(]

Lucas
29-01-2010, 07:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

i have met stu once.

All i have to say is this, after going out of my way too send pics to him for his colum, re-sizing and re-imaging, (and it took me ages because i am computor stupid) i didnt even get a thanks, either by way of email or a mention in said mag,so i dont have a very good opinion of stu either. Thanks goes along way in my books. Is this how he normally would operate?

Thats my 2 cents

x2 Kato.

HueyonaBlade
07-02-2010, 02:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

oooooooooo , I new you would be lerking around in the back ground Rodney would you like to shed some light as to the integraty of a man like STU ! , I had the foul pleasure of meeting him at the Melb. Bike show a few years ago where he used Rod and his freshly finished "Predator" complete with all his custom parts that Rod had purchased and also my bike was put out in the concorse as a way of helping the general public to get a better understanding of what we all do , and to be truthful if it wasn't for Rod , I would have been standing there twiddling my thumbs cause I didn't have my wallet in my hand , whether or not I had bigger plans in the future thats neither here or there ..........................Fuck Him !

Phill
07-02-2010, 07:30 PM
must have been a big shit Jim!

BANDITROD
07-02-2010, 09:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

oooooooooo , I new you would be lerking around in the back ground Rodney would you like to shed some light as to the integraty of a man like STU ! , I had the foul pleasure of meeting him at the Melb. Bike show a few years ago where he used Rod and his freshly finished "Predator" complete with all his custom parts that Rod had purchased and also my bike was put out in the concorse as a way of helping the general public to get a better understanding of what we all do , and to be truthful if it wasn't for Rod , I would have been standing there twiddling my thumbs cause I didn't have my wallet in my hand , whether or not I had bigger plans in the future thats neither here or there ..........................Fuck Him !

its all in the past mate and i wont comment on this matter on a public forum

customfighterer
17-02-2010, 09:07 AM
i sent a case of magazines to him to distribute and never heard a word back from him ever. been about 6 months. anybody get any of em?

Gix11
17-02-2010, 01:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by customfighterer

i sent a case of magazines to him to distribute and never heard a word back from him ever. been about 6 months. anybody get any of em?

Really?!

Chase
17-02-2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1266390036.jpg

bladehunter
17-02-2010, 03:54 PM
I used to buy Rapid....actually the first issue I bought was the one with Hooligan's bike in it. But since then I haven't been overly impressed, I really miss the Streetbike mag of the 90's, alot of the bikes looked like they could be built by on a decent budget.
I had a run in with Stu, it got me cranky, I ranted but never mentioned names (more to get shit of my chest and not dwell), never bought anything from him again.

Where as I've found Ben to be of excellent service be it for anything bike related or the occasional non bike related fab work.