PDA

View Full Version : JJJ Hottest 100 No 1 leaked

rod185651
22-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Someone at the ABC is in a world of pain right now, with the apparent leaking of Triple J's Hottest 100 winner on the ABC Shop's website.

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read on if you don't want to know the winner

The leaking of the result threatens to spoil the Australia Day tradition of listening to the countdown of the best songs of the past year whilst downing a cold beer and cooking on the barbecue.

The winning song according to an article that Crikey.com discovered, is Mumford & Sons' Little Lion Man.

A screenshot of the website published on Crikey.com today shows an article spruiking the next edition of J Mag as including an interview with the winning band, who they describe as "frontrunners of the UK nu-folk movement".

Sportingbet Australia has stopped taking bets on the result, but said the Mumford & Sons song had been raging favourite.

"We put it up as favourite at $5.50, and it went to raging favourite at $1.50," trading manager Bill Richmond said.

"It was clearly the best backed."

He said betting was closed before today's leak due to the possibility of leaks close to Australia Day.

A Triple J spokesman has been contacted for comment.

Chase
22-01-2010, 03:41 PM
You know you wanna know, but wanna wait for the count down, but still find yourself reading... [V]

bladehunter
22-01-2010, 04:55 PM
gee that was a big surprise

Tone
22-01-2010, 05:47 PM
JJJ goes Kyle and Jackie O...sad,sad,sad!
"Nu-folk"...for fucks sake.
Come back Tony Biggs and Cassi Plate!

Large
22-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Good song.

Better than that lady gag shit

Gix11
22-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Most predictable number one in years. Middle of the road boredom always seems to make it to number one these days. QOTSA was the last decent one I can remember.

Weaselman
22-01-2010, 07:31 PM
its all fucking wuss rock nowadays

Zbike
23-01-2010, 01:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

its all fucking wuss rock nowadays

+1

thepj
23-01-2010, 10:11 AM
its a top song haha

MONO
26-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Leak 100% right just played:D

336LJ
26-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I still don't get why, or how the fuck listening to a radio station that plays mostly weird shit, has become an Australian tradition!? the first I heard of it was today!

Large
26-01-2010, 09:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

I still don't get why, or how the fuck listening to a radio station that plays mostly weird shit, has become an Australian tradition!? the first I heard of it was today!

You've only heard of this tradition today, yet you dismiss it out of hand....because you've only heard of it today...?

Tony Nitrous
26-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I have no F@ckin' idea what this threads about, but if its music,
Im playing a Led Zepplin cassette in my Ute.

"been a long time since we rock and rolled............."

336LJ
26-01-2010, 09:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

You've only heard of this tradition today, yet you dismiss it out of hand....because you've only heard of it today...?

I don't dismiss it, I just wanna know why its supposedly a tradition? being that I indeed have never heard of this specific tradition. Also JJJ plays some whack ass shit sometimes so I never really tune into it (or any radio shit really)

Tony Nitrous
26-01-2010, 09:39 PM
"Its been a long time, been a long time,
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.
Yes it has"

Large
26-01-2010, 09:46 PM

I don't dismiss it, I just wanna know why its supposedly a tradition? being that I indeed have never heard of this specific tradition. Also JJJ plays some whack ass shit sometimes so I never really tune into it (or any radio shit really)

That's like the old HD riders saying of "If you have to ask why?...You'd never understand" (or something similar).

It's not that big a tradition. Remember this is a radio station that usually leads its news with stories about gay/lesbian/abo and school/uni students affairs.

But (imho)they play a great selection of music, unsullied by ads or the ramblings of barely coherent shockjock types.

As a bonus, they don't have to bleep out the fuck/cunt words so the music is "complete"[:p]

Tony Nitrous
26-01-2010, 09:52 PM
"Seems so long since we walked in the moonlight,
Making vows that just cant work right.
Open your arms, opens your arms, Open your arms"

Large
26-01-2010, 09:54 PM
10 minute choruses?

336LJ
26-01-2010, 10:04 PM

That's like the old HD riders saying of "If you have to ask why?...You'd never understand" (or something similar).

It's not that big a tradition. Remember this is a radio station that usually leads its news with stories about gay/lesbian/abo and school/uni students affairs.

But (imho)they play a great selection of music, unsullied by ads or the ramblings of barely coherent shockjock types.

As a bonus, they don't have to bleep out the fuck/cunt words so the music is "complete"[:p]

Yeah but HD riders are fags. I genuinely had no idea this was a tradition.
I guess its cause I detest commercial radio. every once and a while I'd tune into JJJ and get some awesome metal session but any other time during the day I'd get some baked hippie singing a song about trees and not bathing while playing an ironin board.

[:p]

Large
26-01-2010, 10:20 PM
http://media.crikey.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/SouthernCross.jpg

Cruisecontrol
26-01-2010, 10:42 PM
I used to hate JJJ. Thought most of it was weird for the sake of weird.

Then I got sick to death of fucking ads every two minutes on commercial radio and made the switch. It took me about three days to be a convert to the Jays. Yeah, there is the odd bit of shit but it more than makes up for it in other music. I refuse to listen to commercial radio anymore.

I thought the majority of the top 10 was a bit meh...

rod185651
27-01-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm a fan of JJJ and have listened to the hottest 100 countdown every Australia Day for at least the last 15 years? So for me it's a bit of a tradition.

geesexar
27-01-2010, 08:38 AM
commercial radio sucks big time. At least jjj dont thrash you with repetitive souless shit and adverts every 3 mins. thumbs up for jjj and local ddd radio

RC36
27-01-2010, 09:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Middle of the road boredom always seems to make it to number one these days.

+1

I stopped having radio on at all after JJJ drop 3hours of power. [V]
I normaly cant stand the shit thats play on there or the amount of adds

Gix11
27-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Tuesday night mate: "Full Metal Racket" with Andrew Haug then "Short Fast Loud" on Wednesday nights.