PDA

View Full Version : Chinese after market fairings

damo1
22-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I know there was a thread on here previously about after market fairings from China.

Anybody got a link for them or any info other than efag.

Cheers Damo

rod185651
22-01-2010, 04:09 PM
I haven't heard anything positive about these guys mate. I've been told the holes rarely line up and the fairings are practically impossible to fit. The guy I was talking to about it owned a K1 GSXR 750 also. He was absolutely spewing about it.

Weaselman
22-01-2010, 05:55 PM
they are all over ebay

JackTar
22-01-2010, 06:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

they are all over ebay

LOL

rod185651
22-01-2010, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

they are all over ebay

LOL

I don't get it

damo1
23-01-2010, 08:35 AM
It's cause i already said other than efag--(ebay)

Cheers for the heads up rod, but on the flip side to that ive spoken to someone that fitted them to a F4i cbr600 and said they were pretty good for the money.He seemed quite happy with them.

HOS
23-01-2010, 09:28 AM
damo its a bit of a lottery if they fit well or badly.

Had this same debate on one of the US Busa forums last month ;)

FIGHTERMC
23-01-2010, 09:55 PM
i got an r1 a few months ago
with them on and i can tell
you there shit but easy to rip
them off the bike LOL

BANDITROD
23-01-2010, 09:59 PM
damo they are absolute puss mate after about 3 months of aussie weather they start to crack and fall apart .........i wouldnt bother mate if i was you

darkaz
23-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Must admit I've been thinking of a set for the CBR to "see it through" until I've got the time to dedicate to a proper sf project (as mentioned elsewhere about the intent to sf a blade)

BanditRod are they really *that* bad? - is it just the paint/clear that fails or the actual ABS (if it really is) that starts to deteriorate? (asking as I'm happy to give em a strip and custom airbrushing if they need it along the way)

BANDITROD
23-01-2010, 10:49 PM
its the abs itself mate it cant handle the aussie heat and it starts to break and crack at all mounting points and like i said after about 3 months they are totaly fucked

Tony OW31
24-01-2010, 12:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

its the abs itself mate it cant handle the aussie heat and it starts to break and crack at all mounting points and like i said after about 3 months they are totaly fucked

The underlying problem is that they use a high percentage of regrind plastic, and it will fall apart even without the effect of the Aussie sun.

BANDITROD
24-01-2010, 08:42 AM
ohh yeah that makes more sense

sharky
24-01-2010, 09:04 AM
I got a panel for the ZXR250 from a wreckers thta looked like a genuine until I peeled of the stickers and wiped it with some metho (as I had done the real genuine panels) and the paint came straight off...
I used a trigger bottle to literally hose off the paint...perfect black plastic beneath...no primer nothing, not even keyed up..just gloss smooth plastic.
Spoke to the wrecker and Yes it was a chinky chong panel

kev@vcm
24-01-2010, 09:18 AM
some of the problem with the chinese panels is as most people have stated crap finish , we have had same probs in the Aussie busa club members shell out there dosh and what they get in return is ill fitting panels especially the gen 1 busa the gap is inconsistent abound the head lights the paint has runs in it and the panels rarely line up with out re drilling the mounting holes , unfortunately you cant even be sure buying from wreckers these days as to if your going to genuine panels , this problem is going to get worse as people buy and import these panels for the bikes, and alot of people buy them cause there cheap.a freind of mine buy repaireable wright off's and i know hes brought these panels and he only ever brought the 1 set as he was very un impressed with the quality finish and in the end had them resprayed , i know hes never brought them again

damo1
25-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Well it looks like i'll be buying raceglass then ;)

Cheers for the feed back on this one guys i wasn't sure to start, but am real sure now not to go near it.