PDA

View Full Version : Biting the Bullet with a Bandit

WHO-NIN
24-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I've decided to bite the bullet and build a bandit(for various reasons) but i have a question 1st(naturally)....How easy is it to fit a B12 motor into a B6 frame?

if i go ahead this would be a (starting with)frame up build so i imagine i would have plenty of questions along the way but is there anything major i should know now or plan for now.......or if you have some advice on which order things should be tackled that would be good aswell

cheers for any advice in advance

Gix11
24-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Why a B6 Frame mate? The Bandit's best attribute wouldn't be the steel frame, so regarless of the 6 or the 12 they are not really going to make a lot of difference as they are not sports bikes as such and the smaller dynamics (if any) could be achieved without the transplant. Or is the point that you have a B6 frame to start with?

WHO-NIN
24-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Nah Gix haven't got the frame but it's available n cheap.
I wanted a bandit coz everythings been done to/available for them (read to many Streetfighter mags maybe)and a steel frame would be easier to mod at home!? This bike would be # 4 in the shed so $$$ are a factor

Was thinking along the lines of the orange F1 Moto Bandit in SFM Aug '06, n another bandit in May '06

Just a motor,wheels n a seat.

( if anyone wants to steer me away from a bandit and has a spare Blade or gixxer to donate feel free )[:p]