PDA

View Full Version : urgent can't bleed brakes

scotty mac
24-12-2006, 10:54 AM
having trouble bleeding brakes i've put a new line on and can't pump out all the air. i had a good crack at it yesterday and tried leaving the cap off the fluid over night to try to let the air bubble out and had another go at it to day but still no good,has anyone got any tricks?

Kamakazebusa
24-12-2006, 12:12 PM
First , try buying a syringe from the vet or chemist and suck the fluid threw from the bottom.

If that don't work, release the banjo bolt on the mast.cyl and hang it somehow so that the banjo bolt is at the highest point (this will let all the air rise to the top and release). proceed to bleed as normal after u have retightened banjo.

Its always hard to bleed new lines unless u have a vaccum pump (5min job) but i have taken upto 3 hours to bleed new lines, it always helps if u have a mate with the process of doing it.

Sometimes its best even to leave it overnight in the position i described with a cable tie around the lever....gravity will do the rest.

Try these and tell me how u go

scotty mac
24-12-2006, 12:25 PM
will do mate. last time i did this a mate had a vac pump n fixxed it in 10 min this is giving me the shlits.i've got fluid pumping out but still shit loads of air. i've let it sit with the lever tied back but might not of let it sit longer enough.thanx for help champ.:)

Large
24-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Lots of advice (some good) in

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2779&SearchTerms=bleed

scotty mac
24-12-2006, 01:01 PM
cheers fellas i'll get on to it do some running around for bits n pieces n i'll let uknow how i go. if i get the shits with it i'll leave it til tuesday n take to the local shop n pump it out.:D

scotty mac
24-12-2006, 04:49 PM
ok after 3 dummy spits 1 tantrum and a lot of dirt kicking i lost it. i've just converted the bars and clamps and have been f*cking around with brakes all weekend and havent test rode it yet so i took it out with out front brakes after 3 or 4 corners the barkes started to harden up so i did a final bleed and they are all good. thanks fellas for all your help.this is my first attempt at a fighter conversion you guys are legends. :D:D:Dit feels farken awsome upright n elbows out like a motorcrosser on acid......

Gix11
24-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Yep, that's the shit.

Kamakazebusa
25-12-2006, 08:06 AM
well done Scotty......welcome to the world of fighters dude. post some pics.....!!!!!

scotty mac
28-12-2006, 09:53 AM
it's taken awile to get a couple of pics.the bars are universals solex they're a pro taper style. i got mini bar with a highrise so the bar dosn't hit the forks.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/34385103797460.jpg

jakam04
28-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Awesome job mate, Cant wait to do the same to my bike. Maybe if I go up to Mackay again in March, I might get to see this bike in the flesh so to speak...

Jarrod

06-01-2007, 08:46 AM
The easiest way to get air out,is to take off both calipers,pump the lever till both pads are stuck together.open the master cylnder and put a big cloth over your tank.Get a large screwdriver and force the pads out to the edge of the calipers,and that will get the air out of the lines.You might have to do it twice ,but you will definitely get rid of all the air......regards