PDA

View Full Version : bandit engine paint

chrisn
23-12-2006, 11:33 PM
I have a 97 bandit 1200.Can anyone tell me the paint code,or colour name, for the engine?.preferably available from an auto parts store in a pressure pack.

Kamakazebusa
24-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey Chrisn, welcome aboard mate......Seems to be alot of Perth Members Joining....is there something in the Water??????

Nah, Seriously dude there is no such thing as paint codes on bikes (except for Hondas + BMW, and even then they turn out different when u mix it up) The Motorcycle industry when it comes to paint is a big mystery.

The car industry have every car colour ever made on disk and we get colour chips and formulas upgraded every year, but Japan seems to wanna keep these paint formulas to themselves wen it comes to bikes. Thats why theres hardly anyone around doing good work.

All the car panel shops claim to be able to do it but I run a Motrcycle ONLY paint shop in Sydney and end up repairing most of everyone elses fuck ups.

The ONLY way is to colour match.....and that in itself is an art form.
Good luck.

Tone
24-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Out of interest KKB,what's a ball park figure on a tank,tail,front guard and wheel centres gonna run to...the retro looking blue and white suzuki style?
Cheers.

Kamakazebusa
24-12-2006, 10:06 AM
on average,prices will vary but this will include crack+repairs and a few decals , baked in an oven @60 degrees.

Tail............$330
Frt Guard.......$125
Tank............$350
wheels..........$150 ea

depends on the bike....i just quoted a sportsbike but it depends on size of panels as well

jzgsxr
24-12-2006, 10:33 AM
welcome aboard mate - good to see another perthy here!!

WHO-NIN
24-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Vitech Refinishing comes highly recomended by PSB'ers

Tone
24-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Cheers for that KKB...I thought the wife would say NO straight off but I got a "thats doable a bit later after christmas".Shocked the shit outta me,but I'll be a better man for that won't I?
Ta

ozkat
24-12-2006, 11:27 PM
HELLO

Kamakazebusa
25-12-2006, 07:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tone

Cheers for that KKB...I thought the wife would say NO straight off but I got a "thats doable a bit later after christmas".Shocked the shit outta me,but I'll be a better man for that won't I?
Ta

HAHAHAHA......yeah all good. Where bouts are ya Tone????

I get back to work on the 8th Jan...drop in and i'll give you some ideas..:D

Gix11
25-12-2006, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

HELLO

Hello to you as well Oz. Why so excited to see us?