PDA

View Full Version : IOM + 5 MotoGPs in 2007 Anyone?

Large
01-06-2006, 10:35 PM
I have a dream brothers (and sisters)

Next year is the 100th anniversary Isle Of Man TT from June 3-10

I don't think they've posted up the MotoGp calendar for 2007 yet...but if they follow a similar pattern to this year the IOM is followed by a Spanish MotoGP, Dutch MotoGP, British MotoGp, German MotoGP all within 5-6 weeks(plus the Monaco F1 if anyone's interested) Then two weeks later it's Laguna Seca.

I've just booked 9 weeks holidays and I've got a year to save up.

I'm thinking of buying a cheapo campervan as renting one for about 6 weeks in the UK is about 4000 pounds or 10000 of our dollars[V]

After that it's about 2000-2500 for airfares and whatever it costs to get into everything + booze and sundries.

Anyone interested?

BOHEMION
01-06-2006, 10:42 PM
actually mate I could be very interested in that - I was originally going to head over to the UK for new years But i kinda want to expereince 2 Summers hehe. 1 year to save hey sounds promicing

Gix11
01-06-2006, 10:50 PM
I was planning to hit the TT next year anyway. The guys want me there for Download festival as well so I could be in for at least part of it.

BOHEMION
01-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Could be a cool plan

Large
01-06-2006, 11:40 PM
WTF is the Download festival?

Gix11
01-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Stuff that fucks with your head if you like country music. Here's this years line up: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.asp
I'm sure Rexie will be keen.

BOHEMION
01-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Tool- Deftones - Coheed and cambria - Funeral for a friend - In Flames - Lacuna Coil - ALEX IS ON FIRE! - the audition - Blind Side - Sounds like its worth the money FOR SURE

Listening to Coheeds new album right now

BOHEMION
02-06-2006, 12:04 AM
AND OPETH - fuk yeah !

Noimehob
02-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Pfffftttt, I've heard the Crap you listen to Bohemion, inserting farts on mates cd's, nice one mate!

Love

Albert.

FIGHTERMC
09-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Just back for the tt and you guys will enjoy yourselfs
if you go.

BOHEMION
09-06-2006, 10:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Noimehob

Pfffftttt, I've heard the Crap you listen to Bohemion, inserting farts on mates cd's, nice one mate!

Love

Albert.

HAHAHA U dickhole and ive heard the stuff you listen too its alittle GGGGHHHEEEYYYYY! hahahha Get back to work u Slacker

Fatster
09-06-2006, 07:49 PM
You cant come all the way to the IOM TT and not come over to Ireland and watch real road racing ie.. Northwest 200

FIGHTERMC
10-06-2006, 01:12 AM
True Fatster a week after the tt we have road racing in county limerick
which is pretty good.

Large
24-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Ok..

Just been to the travel agents.

Looks like I'm flying out on the 24th may to Japan for 2 days...(anyone know where the Yoshi and Suzuki Factories are?)... Then to London on the 26th...ferry to IOM on the 28th for three nights B&B then catch up with Si for 5 nights camping/drinking and a bit of road racing...then back to London for a week or so to visit rellies and watch a Lancaster fly at an airshow etc etc.

Then I'm picking up a car or camper in Paris for a month of Motogps and battlefields...then fly to New York on about july 18 for a couple days...then LA on the 20 july...which happens to be two days before the Laguna Seca Motogp [8D]...two days in LA then home.

Airfares - Qantas/BA/Finnair/Americn/Qantas + taxes + accom in Nippon are $3000. Everything else is extra.

Cunts want about $6000 to hire a camper in Europe for 28days...or I can pick up a Brand New Renault/Citroen/Peugeot for about $1700 for 28 days to tour the continent...so if anyone else fancies a bit of IOM and MotoGp action...speak up now:)

Just got an offer on my unit today...so I may not come back either...might try and get an appentiship with sweary bob and learn how to line up pennies...:D

Good times.

<edit Laguna dates>

24-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I aint read any other replies[8)]Answer is YUP I`m UP for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !![8D]
If you can put up with someone as mad as me:DI`ll get you a trophy to prove it;)

exile
25-02-2007, 06:37 AM
Large.....giza shout nearer the time when youre coming over to London, i live 2miles from Heathrow. We could hook up for a cup o tea and some cream scones :D:D

Kamakazebusa
25-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Hey Large, i fly out on the 6th April for Heathrow, but am booked out for that w'end of the IOM.....might catch ya in between for some of the other GP u mentioned. I'll call u b4 leaving and get ur itinerary. I'll be living in Holland (not very far from Assen race track) but i don't think the company would appreciate it if i borrowed one of their coaches to travel around in myself, so i will try and sort out transport.

BOHEMION
25-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Lucky buggers!!! my neighbour is heading over there too to Ride, name is Wayne Christian He will be on an old tripple smoker..... Tried to get organised Large but not this year sorry mate.

Large
25-02-2007, 05:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by mad mundy

I aint read any other replies[8)]Answer is YUP I`m UP for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !![8D]
If you can put up with someone as mad as me:DI`ll get you a trophy to prove it;)

If you're really serious pm me and I'll give you the dates/details I've got so far.

Large
25-02-2007, 05:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by exile

Large.....giza shout nearer the time when youre coming over to London, i live 2miles from Heathrow. We could hook up for a cup o tea and some cream scones :D:D

[8D] Earl Grey pls

Large
25-02-2007, 05:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Kamakazebusa

Hey Large, i fly out on the 6th April for Heathrow, but am booked out for that w'end of the IOM.....might catch ya in between for some of the other GP u mentioned. I'll call u b4 leaving and get ur itinerary. I'll be living in Holland (not very far from Assen race track) but i don't think the company would appreciate it if i borrowed one of their coaches to travel around in myself, so i will try and sort out transport.

Paullie,

The "revised" MotoGP calendar is:

May 20 France Le Mans (too Early...)
June 3 Italy Mugello (still too early)
June 10 Catalunya Catalunya (family conflicts.[V])
June 24 Great Britain Donington Park (spiffing!)
June 30 Netherlands Assen (mmmm special cake [8D])
July 15 Germany Sachsenring (Might meet our German mates)
July 22 United States Laguna Seca (burgers for breakfast?)

I need a couple of weeks in the UK to visit my uncles/aunts/cousins etc so if I do that after the IOM, I might have to miss Spain...go to Donnington by bus...then a train to Paris to pick up a car on about the 25th of June, Check out Omaha/Sword and Juno...plus Ypres and the WWI battlefields on the way to Amsterdam.

If I survive that...Assen, then back into France (Italy?) etc and up into Germany. The car should be run in so a lap of the 'ring could be on.

I met some Germans at Assen in 1988 and 89 and they were fucking scary/crazy:D...so could be interesting to meet Badvan, outlaw666 and maybe Frankie if he's home on the way to the Sachsenring.

I'm sure there's a Le Mans or F1 race or two in those few weeks too.

Then a quick flight to the US...I was looking at NY for a day or two...but that'sd flexible as Laguna Seca is a day earkier than I thought.

So IOM and 4 MotoGPS look achievable[:p]

Kamakazebusa
26-02-2007, 07:20 AM
Hahahaha....u'll have a ball. Cataluyna is around the corner from Barcelona (one of my destination stops for the tour) so i might see if i can go see that one but the others i'm just gonna have to keep in touch with ya. u gonna get a phone card when ur there or use ur Ozi one....its cheaper to get one from the netherlands, there network has a bigger european coverage.

we'll just have to go by ear.

(mental note to self....bring ASF shirts on trip.)

spart666
26-02-2007, 10:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Ok..

Just been to the travel agents.

Looks like I'm flying out on the 24th may to Japan for 2 days...(anyone know where the Yoshi and Suzuki Factories are?)... Then to London on the 26th...ferry to IOM on the 28th for three nights B&B then catch up with Si for 5 nights camping/drinking and a bit of road racing...then back to London for a week or so to visit rellies and watch a Lancaster fly at an airshow etc etc.

Then I'm picking up a car or camper in Paris for a month of Motogps and battlefields...then fly to New York on about july 18 for a couple days...then LA on the 20 july...which happens to be two days before the Laguna Seca Motogp [8D]...two days in LA then home.

Airfares - Qantas/BA/Finnair/Americn/Qantas + taxes + accom in Nippon are $3000. Everything else is extra.

Cunts want about $6000 to hire a camper in Europe for 28days...or I can pick up a Brand New Renault/Citroen/Peugeot for about $1700 for 28 days to tour the continent...so if anyone else fancies a bit of IOM and MotoGp action...speak up now:)

Just got an offer on my unit today...so I may not come back either...might try and get an appentiship with sweary bob and learn how to line up pennies...:D

Good times.

<edit Laguna dates>

as exile said
send me a p/m closer to the time the spartclan are down the tt about the same time and we live in london so a friday at the ace cafe whatching holligans and drinking beer is pretty much the norm that time of year[:p]

Gix11
26-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey Large, I just got a text from my brother. My other mates accomodation fell through at the home stay so they've booked up next to us in that campsite, so look out, it just got crazy. Anyone else going to the TT I'll see you lot there. Wear your shirts and I'll say hello.

Large
26-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Christ,

I might sweet talk the lady who runs the B&B and see if I can stay there instead :)

FIGHTERMC
27-02-2007, 03:45 AM
What campsite did you end up getting Gix?

exile
27-02-2007, 06:36 AM
Im staying down at UNION MILLS site

Large
27-02-2007, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by FIGHTERMC

What campsite did you end up getting Gix?

Me, Si and his looney mates are staying here from 31may -5 june

http://www.praxistent.com/pages/pv.asp?p=ptent238

exile
27-02-2007, 07:32 AM
We will be out there from the 26 May till the 4 June, was gonna stay the whole duration BUT it will be chaos and i wann get some major mileage done before the masses come over spoil it

I can scense a meet up on the cards for some cream teas and tiffin

spart666
27-02-2007, 08:28 AM
faggot he means beer!

FIGHTERMC
27-02-2007, 09:05 AM

Im staying down at UNION MILLS site

we are in quarter bridge campsite from the 26th to the 6th.

Gix11
27-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Sounds like we need a meeting plan, but remember, we're walk on passengers so we'll be relying on buses and shit, so if you guys can ride to us it would work out heaps better. I'm supposed to be meeting up with MDM at some point as well. Anyone else wanna meet up? Looks like I'm gonna have to bring some ASF gear with me............

Large
27-02-2007, 08:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Sounds like we need a meeting plan, but remember, we're walk on passengers so we'll be relying on buses and shit, so if you guys can ride to us it would work out heaps better. I'm supposed to be meeting up with MDM at some point as well. Anyone else wanna meet up? Looks like I'm gonna have to bring some ASF gear with me............

We could all meet up in douglas to tie on the wobbly boots on the day you guys get off the ferry Si

FIGHTERMC
28-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Ya sounds good Large,i can get my mate with the van to drop your
gear si to the campsite and then beer.

exile
28-02-2007, 09:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by spart666

faggot he means beer!

Beers is satans juice, it makes me sleep with the wild natives of the island, so for this year im tea total and solo-sexual :D

Gix11
28-02-2007, 01:40 PM

Sounds like a plan mate. It'll be me and my bro.

exile
28-02-2007, 06:00 PM
BUSHEY'S at Douglas prom seems favorite for a meet up folks. A word of warning about mobiles on the island, for those that have not been before.....NOT all networks work over there, the ones that do may get billed at international rates :(. Its way cheaper to by a IOM simcard;)

Gix11
28-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Good advice. Cheers mate.

Large
28-02-2007, 06:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Sounds like a plan mate. It'll be me and my bro.

and me

badvan
28-02-2007, 08:37 PM
would be a pleasure to meet some of u guys.. I will show u the magics of german beer ;)

ozkat
28-02-2007, 08:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by badvan

would be a pleasure to meet some of u guys.. I will show u the magics of german beer ;)
Large doesnt drink beer, he is a nancy boy :D

badvan
28-02-2007, 10:23 PM
huuuuu!

i can translate this "nancy boy" in 2 ways.
1. a gay boy
2. softie...

is the 1. true i out of my home on this date *lol*

FIGHTERMC
01-03-2007, 03:02 AM

BUSHEY'S at Douglas prom seems favorite for a meet up folks. A word of warning about mobiles on the island, for those that have not been before.....NOT all networks work over there, the ones that do may get billed at international rates :(. Its way cheaper to by a IOM simcard;)

the entertainment{stunts} thats usually outside busheys is now moved down to the middle of the prom for this year which i think is better.when its closer to the date we can arrange a meeting place{pub}and have a night on the town.what you think;.

Gix11
01-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Excellent. That's what I think.

ozkat
01-03-2007, 05:03 PM

huuuuu!

1. a gay boy
2. softie...

Yeah Badvan both 1 and 2 are right ;)

Large
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

huuuuu!

1. a gay boy
2. softie...

Ok I'll bite.

I drink...a fucking lot...and while I've always said I drink for effect, not taste...it's a hobby of mine so I may as well enjoy the taste of what I'm drinking
[:p][:p]

As for the gay bit...I don't mind having my prostate stimulated...by a lady[^]

01-03-2007, 07:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

quote:Originally posted by ozkat

huuuuu!

1. a gay boy
2. softie...

Ok I'll bite.

I drink...a fucking lot...and while I've always said I drink for effect, not taste...it's a hobby of mine so I may as well enjoy the taste of what I'm drinking
[:p][:p]

As for the gay bit...I don't mind having my prostate stimulated...by a ladyBOY[^]

Of the thai kind Large? :D

Large
04-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I was just booking my Tokyo hotel and I realised I've got two days to waste in Nippon...

Eating whale meat sushi and burgers will only keep me amused for so long..and wearing a "Two Bombs Weren't Enough" shirt into a Shinto shrine wouldn't go down well...

But then I found

http://www.twinring.jp/english/information/sitemap.html

Which is just an hour away, and houses:

http://world.honda.com/collection-hall/

...just gotta find the Suzuki factory/museum now :D

04-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Have you ever watched Jackass Large

Got yaself a panda suit, or a big asian style bell?

:D

Large
04-03-2007, 07:04 PM
no...nor a matchbox car...

But I got a big tube of Wasabi :D

exile
05-03-2007, 05:48 AM
We got Terry-moto coming to the TT now folks,
i'll ask him to bring that bollock dangling swin suit for the crack :D

05-03-2007, 08:28 AM
ooooow, that wasabi thing was nasty, very nasty.

Fuggin love the oversize shopping trolley number though :D.

cavey
19-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Me exile, terry moto and me brother are camping at union mills just outside Douglas. Well make some dates and places nearer the time to meet up. You dont need to worry about your arse cause spart aint going! When your in london you gotta take in the ace cafe to get your badge, been running since the 50's, have a look at their site, world famous. I dont know how they dont get shut down, pure holiganism!

exile
20-03-2007, 03:57 AM
Cavey, ive found out why Spart aint coming over to the island this year, he's go himself a part-time job over the holidays
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/exile711/general/pig.jpg

cavey
20-03-2007, 08:07 AM
You amaze me where you get this shit from! You dont know we might find some manx pigs in need, they all look good after copious amounts!

20-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Just how far out of the village do you boys live? And ain't yer pa gonna be upset bout losing yer ma to another man? :D

exile
20-03-2007, 09:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by cavey

You dont know we might find some manx pigs in need, they all look good after copious amounts!

Ive already sent a personal out to the IOM local newspapers just incase the beer gogles dont kick in m8 [8D]
[8D]
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/exile711/personal_ad011.jpg

20-03-2007, 09:55 AM
:D

cavey
22-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Chalk were pretty close to town but dont get any ideas about fucking my mum out in the bush right, there aint no bushs anyway its all concrete jungle here.

22-03-2007, 10:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by cavey

Chalk were pretty close to town but dont get any ideas about fucking my mum out in the bush right, there aint no bushs anyway its all concrete jungle here.

It wasn't your mum I was hopeful of bagging matey [:X]

exile
22-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Plenty of bush on this beauty
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/exile711/general/SexyPeople9.jpg

22-03-2007, 08:39 PM
I was hoping I'd never see that one again

exile
22-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Aparently she does "all in for £10" discount group booking ect
And some bum fun for arf a Guiness

cavey
22-03-2007, 10:41 PM
is there a perversion your not into ex. The sights you must surf to find this shit bogles the mind!
I'd need me satnav to find it in that jungle.

exile
25-03-2007, 03:41 AM
Gal, theres no perv like an old perv [:p] any im even older in 9 feckin days . Ive conviced the mrs to buy me the new top yoke and clip-ons for the Bumdit and i might even get the BY-ANNUAL blow job if im a lucky boy[8D]

cavey
25-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Mate the mrs is 40 in a couple of days, she just stung me £530 for a longines watch (ouch). Ru hitting retirement this year or next? Got to be good for at least the yokes no?

exile
26-03-2007, 09:36 AM
You cheeky cunt, i might smell like a pensioner but im only 39 :DWTF over 500 sovs for a feckin watch ??? just buy her a snyd one off e-bay and blow the change on the bike :D

BOHEMION
10-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Found this for any 1st timers goin

http://www.iomtt.com/Home/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=72131

FIGHTERMC
11-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Just read on the tt website that the mountain is going to be one way
for the 2 weeks of the tt,fook it going to be crazy mad sunday everyday.

Gix11
11-04-2007, 08:17 AM
See how long that lasts before they realise all the Johnny Superheros are hiting walls and trees for 14 days instead of one....

exile
12-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Gix ...i reckon the police presence this year will be overwelming and the roads will be so packed that no fucker will get outta 2nd gear :(.The mountain section will be the only place to have some fun. Us lot are going out for the practice week and coming back the day after Mad Sunday.. so the roads wont be so snarled up with sour kraut munchers :D

MDM
12-04-2007, 04:50 AM

Gix ...i reckon the police presence this year will be overwelming and the roads will be so packed that no fucker will get outta 2nd gear :(.
Yup, it's gonna be even busier than ever... Good job I know the back lane 'short cuts' that most visitors don't know about. Most visitors only know the TT circuit and nothing else...

quote:Originally posted by exileThe mountain section will be the only place to have some fun.

But I reckon that the Mountain road will be closed most of the time due to crashes... it's usually closed for at least half of Mad Sunday due to crashes...

Gix11
13-04-2007, 12:40 PM
I remember in '97 I went out about 7am to get a lap in on Mad Sunday before the pissheads woke up, even by then ther had been two crashes up there. One geezer had shot off the mountain side with some bird on the back. Then at the bottom of the hill there was a CBR600 welded to a tree. If I get chance to ride Frank's bike it will be at shopping pace, I ain't risking someone else's bike with those nutters about.

exile
15-04-2007, 05:46 AM
I've only ever made 4 full uninterupted laps EVER !!!!Either early morning or late at night. You've gotta get out there early to beat the piss'eds outa bed for the best shot;)