PDA

View Full Version : B12 motor into slabbie; different signal generator

DiscoDan
12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi Guys

I'm in the process of working through the wiring differences between the b12 motor and the slabbie harness which is largely OK, just tedious.

One major difference is the signal generator which feeds into the ingition unit to tell it when to go bang. The slabbie had 4 outputs whereas the bandit only has 2 so I'm not sure what to do short of picking two and having a go. Does anyone know the differences between the two and what options there are? One option may also be to put the slabbie signal generator into the B12 engine but only if required, I understood that this wasn't needed to do the swap

danny

bladehunter
12-01-2010, 04:37 PM
why not use the b12 black box with the b12 motor ?

Deano
12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
i would fit the slabby gear and s how it runs

boris
12-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm not right up on this but my slingshot only had 2 wire pulse generator so does the watercooled 1100.are they EFI the bandits? If not why can't you use the later model gixxer control unit?only 9 wires on the w model and only 7 wires on the slingshot, 2 pulse wires, 2 to coils, ignition,earth and tacho is this a stupid solution?????

bladehunter
12-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Seriously save yourself the heartache and use the blackbox that goes with the motor....saves having to chase down 100,000 problems if it don't go

Deano
12-01-2010, 08:15 PM
the thing is it isn't a plug in fit. easier to put the slabby pickup and senor in it if you have one.
if it works (and i cant see why it wouldn't) then go with that.

or fit a dyna

DiscoDan
12-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm inclined to agree with Dean on this one, the B12 ignition has 12 inputs (including 2 for the signal generator) as compared to 8 (inc 4 for the signal) for the GSXR so if I use the B12 ignition there's a whole bunch of other shit to deal with and they all use different plug blocks that need to cut and shut.

I'm going to pull off the signal gen cover on the old engine and see what lurks within, hopefully it will be an easy swap to drop it into the B12 donk.

bladehunter
12-01-2010, 09:38 PM
One thing you'll need to pay attention to is any difference in the rev limiter and there could be differences in dwell as well, but the red line would be the biggy.

If that gets too much trouble give us a yell and come up with the wiring diagrams & I'll take you thru it