PDA

View Full Version : Compulsory Helmet Laws

Shadowzone
06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
I found this whilst looking for something else. It's dated 2001, but still makes for an eye opening read.

It's a long read, but does have some really good information on the US experience when it comes to mandatory helmet wearing. Seems our Government is lying to us about it (no real surprise there) so maybe it's time to put it back on the agenda.

After all the SA anti association laws got knocked the fuck out by bikers with a stick together sense of purpose perhaps we can get the same done for helmets with a little bit of the same.

http://www.msabate.com/facts.html

BANDITROD
06-01-2010, 03:48 PM
having had a couple of spills before i can say that if you ride without a lid your mad

Weaselman
06-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Having broken my neck before i know id be dead without my helmet.

Want to ride without one go ahead its just cleaning out the gene pool when you die in my books
Same with the shirt wearers and thong idiots

bladehunter
06-01-2010, 04:41 PM
How's this

You wanna ride without a helmet, you wanna ride in tee shirt & thongs, you give up you're right (?) to reproduce. Fuck knows a lot of laws we have nowadays are diluting the gene pool lets start some affirmative action and weed out the stupid.

sharky
06-01-2010, 05:33 PM
quote:having had a couple of spills before i can say that if you ride without a lid your mad
Same here...one of my lids was ground down through the shell to the polystyrene inners...without that would have been me bwains...

Jup
06-01-2010, 05:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

I found this whilst looking for something else. It's dated 2001, but still makes for an eye opening read.

It's a long read, but does have some really good information on the US experience when it comes to mandatory helmet wearing. Seems our Government is lying to us about it (no real surprise there) so maybe it's time to put it back on the agenda.

After all the SA anti association laws got knocked the fuck out by bikers with a stick together sense of purpose perhaps we can get the same done for helmets with a little bit of the same.

http://www.msabate.com/facts.html

i had to re-read that web address.... twice.... :D

Cruisecontrol
06-01-2010, 06:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by bladehunter

How's this

You wanna ride without a helmet, you wanna ride in tee shirt & thongs, you give up you're right (?) to reproduce.

You should also give up the right to free health care.
My taxes aren't going to pay for some halfwit's rehab because he believes that his personal freedom is feeling the wind in his hair...

bladehunter
06-01-2010, 07:00 PM
If they want the wind if their hair they can stick their head out of a window of a car.....dogs seem to enjoy it

HOS
06-01-2010, 07:38 PM
No lid : no way !

The human body is a fragile piece of shit compared to most other animals, the head particularly so.

The slightest tap can cause brain damage or death.

Lids save lives and misery, not just for the rider but for their families.

Why do people only consider themselves ?

HOS
06-01-2010, 07:41 PM
All our bike crowd look upon those who don`t wear protective gear as retards. Not worthy of being bikers and they dont carry any credibility.
We shun those kind of riders.....BDODs in the making and nothing more

Yeah you have a choice......a choice not to be fuckin stupid.

JackTar
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

quote:having had a couple of spills before i can say that if you ride without a lid your mad
Same here...one of my lids was ground down through the shell to the polystyrene inners...without that would have been me bwains...

Would have been grinding for a while to find those fuckers.

Large
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

How's this

You wanna ride without a helmet, you wanna ride in tee shirt & thongs, you give up you're right (?) to reproduce.

You should also give up the right to free health care.
My taxes aren't going to pay for some halfwit's rehab because he believes that his personal freedom is feeling the wind in his hair...

If we extend that thought for a minute.

Why should you (or I) be liable in an automobile accident for any more than a standard car? (say a Commodore or Falcon?) It's not my fault that some cunt decided to drive a $1,000,000 Bentley the same day that my brakes failed... so why should I pay? Why not pay a basic insurance (say up to $50k a car) and let the rich cunts insure the rest themselves...?

Don't start me on health insurance...ciggies should be $50 a pack...Motor racing should cost $50 a lap, every parachute jump should be $1000 and round the world sailors should fork up for a new Frigate and crew before they set off...or fuck right off[V]

gibbo
06-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty sure driving an expensive car doesn't increase the risk of injury, probably reduces it in fact. Where as riding without a helmet??? Besides, your premium is based on the car you drive and your driving record, not the car you may run in to.

Large
06-01-2010, 08:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

I'm pretty sure driving an expensive car doesn't increase the risk of injury, probably reduces it in fact. Where as riding without a helmet??? Besides, your premium is based on the car you drive and your driving record, not the car you may run in to.

Allan,

I wasn't talking about head injuries, but trying to take the discusion to the next level.

My insurance premium is based on a risk factor that includes the chance of hitting expensive cars -(cause they crash too). So if we fuck all the expensive cars off the actuaries'logs the premium should drop. [^]

Large
06-01-2010, 08:26 PM
As for helmets.

Back in '87 my mate had a cammed/hicomp 1100 Wire Wheel Katana that went crazy fast. It beat every car and bike that ran it, cept for my other mates RZ500 that owned it in the twisties. I rode them both...but nothing beat riding the Kat flat out on the magic mile (Mona Vale rd) on a sunny afternoon with only a pair of Ray Ban Aviator copies with the white leather side flaps[:p][^]

Helmets are for fags

*Although I did write this, I do endorse helmet wearing 99.9% of the time.

bladehunter
06-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Be it a $100 Hyundai (I know way over valued) or a $1,000,000 Bentley shouldn't all be entitled to insure their vehicle and be covered by insurance ?

Shouldn't EVERYONE have the right & freedom to drive the vehicle they want (ADR approved) ?

Yes I can see the argument for increased premiums but in the real world would they drop by a significant amount or by an amount to pass on to consumers ?

bladehunter
06-01-2010, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

As for helmets.

Back in '87 my mate had a cammed/hicomp 1100 Wire Wheel Katana that went crazy fast. It beat every car and bike that ran it, cept for my other mates RZ500 that owned it in the twisties. I rode them both...but nothing beat riding the Kat flat out on the magic mile (Mona Vale rd) on a sunny afternoon with only a pair of Ray Ban Aviator copies with the white leather side flaps[:p][^]

Helmets are for fags

I agree real men go after pussy [:p]

Shadowzone
06-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I have had some fucken wild accidents one of which I went down the road for around 10 or so metres on the helmet before my body completed the fucked out flip and yep it ground out the Shoei I was wearing.

In saying that, I'm after healthy debate. Some of the responses so far are fucken funny, but lets get them all. For against or indifferent..

gibbo
06-01-2010, 09:24 PM

Allan,

I wasn't talking about head injuries, but trying to take the discusion to the next level.

My insurance premium is based on a risk factor that includes the chance of hitting expensive cars -(cause they crash too). So if we fuck all the expensive cars off the actuaries'logs the premium should drop. [^]

So if take your point and apply it to motorcycles... my suzuki cost $2500, your SPONDON cost (insert amount), so I am prepared to take ownership of said SPONDON and park it in my lounge room. I promise I will not ride it[:o)] therefor removing it from the actuaries log, (whatever the fuck that is!) and in so doing I will make everybodies premiums cheaper[8D];)

grindella
06-01-2010, 09:27 PM
I dont give a fuck what you guys wear but, shorts, thongs and no helment are not my idea of good riding gear. I remember the days of no helments here, lost a few good mates back then, if they had worn helments they may still be around today. Anyway off my soap box, Ill wear a helment no matter what the law.

bladehunter
06-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Have you been wearing TUV approved soap box apparel ?

uncle pervy
06-01-2010, 09:48 PM
i think the real issue here is freedom of choice.
we no longer have the right to go lidless if we wish. it is dictated to us that we have to wear a helmet on any form of cycle, be it a pushie or a 200hp speed machine. i'll ride a pushie lidless and not give fuck about the law and even do it on my trumpy occasionally. but, when lidless im not about to break any speed law (try doing 200 bare headed and tell me it fun. hell its bad enough with an open face (( i don't have a screen on my bike. if i want a windshield i'll drive a car thank you )) ). i think nearly all of us would agree, for example, a quiet cruise to the local shops can be accomplished with a fair degree of safety (barring getting t-boned by the local hoon in his hotted up snotbox and that will more than likely end up with broken legs or such) and at low speed a serious head injury from a dropped bike is highly unlikely. however, as stated above, serious injury can/will occur at speed. if i may ask, how fast were you going shadowzone for you to slide 10 meters on your head before you completed the "fucked out flip"?
we like to think we are capable riders who value our safety and as such choose to wear the appropriate attire. now the powers that be have decided that we are a menace to ourselves and a potential drain on the health system and need to be regulated for our own good thus removing our right to choose. a better approach would be mandatory rider training and i dont mean the piss poor thing that passes as the current test for a motorcycle licence. some thing that teaches the new rider the really important stuff like braking markers, differing lines into, thru and out of corners and bends, controlling skids and slides.
teach them to be better riders instead of trying to regulate their behaviour.

im kent brockman, and thats my two cents

Large
06-01-2010, 09:51 PM

Allan,

So if take your point and apply it to motorcycles... my suzuki cost $2500, your SPONDON cost (insert amount), so I am prepared to take ownership of said SPONDON and park it in my lounge room. I promise I will not ride it[:o)] therefor removing it from the actuaries log, (whatever the fuck that is!) and in so doing I will make everybodies premiums cheaper[8D];)

Read it again dude. I picked an average family sedan price that you should be responsible for (ie $35-$40k). Why should you be responsible for some cunts Roller or Bentley that costs 50 times as much?

btw my Spoondoon cost no more than an optioned GSXR/CBR/ZX/R1 off the showroom floor[8D][:p]

ralph
06-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Stack hats are good, Just went to my old mans place in bumfuck west
and I wouldnt have done it without a helmet and I didnt even crash once. I have had a rock smash my visor so I dont choose an open face as a rule, but there are times when the only reason I put my skid lid on is because its the LAW....
Being a bit of a girl, I dont go anywhere without my gloves.
"You dont need a brain to wank"

HOS
07-01-2010, 12:30 AM
The law is a joke in most respects.

UK law means riders and pillions have to wear lids on 2 wheeled motorcycles on the road.

But you do`nt have to wear a lid on quad bikes or trikes.
So on your turbo nutter Hayabusa trike you do`nt have to wear a lid.[^]

Latest one was with regards those fugawful BMW C1 scooter thingies, when the Eurpopean court decided you don`t legaly have to wear a lid on those.

gibbo
07-01-2010, 06:56 AM
"btw my Spoondoon cost no more than an optioned GSXR/CBR/ZX/R1 off the showroom floor"[8D][:p]

Damn you Large[B)]:(

Cruisecontrol
07-01-2010, 07:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by uncle pervy

we no longer have the right to go lidless if we wish. it is dictated to us that we have to wear a helmet on any form of cycle, be it a pushie or a 200hp speed machine. i'll ride a pushie lidless and not give fuck about the law and even do it on my trumpy occasionally. but, when lidless im not about to break any speed law (try doing 200 bare headed and tell me it fun. hell its bad enough with an open face (( i don't have a screen on my bike. if i want a windshield i'll drive a car thank you )) ). i think nearly all of us would agree, for example, a quiet cruise to the local shops can be accomplished with a fair degree of safety (barring getting t-boned by the local hoon in his hotted up snotbox and that will more than likely end up with broken legs or such) and at low speed a serious head injury from a dropped bike is highly unlikely. however, as stated above, serious injury can/will occur at speed. if i may ask, how fast were you going shadowzone for you to slide 10 meters on your head before you completed the "fucked out flip"?
we like to think we are capable riders who value our safety and as such choose to wear the appropriate attire. now the powers that be have decided that we are a menace to ourselves and a potential drain on the health system and need to be regulated for our own good thus removing our right to choose. a better approach would be mandatory rider training and i dont mean the piss poor thing that passes as the current test for a motorcycle licence. some thing that teaches the new rider the really important stuff like braking markers, differing lines into, thru and out of corners and bends, controlling skids and slides.

People die from falling over and hitting their head on the ground.
There is no control during an accident, which is precisely why you are having that accident.
I hit a car doing about 90kmh, flew about 30ft and did not have a scratch on my helmet. I hit another car doing about 40kmh and landed so hard on the back of my head that gravel was imbedded half an inch into my helmet.
Ask Rod about "a quiet cruise to the local shops". It wasn't a head injury but I bet given the chance again he would have worn the right gear.

I personally don't care if people won't wear a helmet, but if that becomes an option I hope that the insurance costs to do so are so astronomical that it makes it all but impossible.

BANDITROD
07-01-2010, 08:05 AM
damn straight Dan i landed on my head that day and was only wearing a long sleeve shirt and dragging jeans and i lost a shitload of skin on my upper body but if i didnt have my lid on i would have been dead for sure

Shadowzone
07-01-2010, 08:46 AM

we no longer have the right to go lidless if we wish. it is dictated to us that we have to wear a helmet on any form of cycle, be it a pushie or a 200hp speed machine.

if i may ask, how fast were you going shadowzone for you to slide 10 meters on your head before you completed the "fucked out flip"?

The answer to the question is I was going somewhere between 80 and 100, I came into a corner hit the apex (and gravel) slid across the road and into an armco railing whereby i proceeded to tankslap before ditching the bike and heading down the road on my head. I perforated an eardrum, broke 3 bones in my right foot and have no doubt if I was in shorts t-shirt, pluggers and no lid I would be much worse for wear than I was. But who would ride the back side of Glorious dressed like that?

I will say I'd no doubt be inclined to wear a lid too, but I would like the right to decide for myself, instead of being told it's for my own good when the proof and research provided doesn't actually support that claim.

latheboy
07-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I've had mates die while they were Climbing, skiing, riding and jumping out of planes.
They all had the best of the best gear, it just happens sometimes. But there would be alot less of my friends around if they didnt wear/use the right equipment.
Dont wear your gear thats fine with me but dont cry at me when i laugh.

hooligan
07-01-2010, 11:51 AM
In my crash in september, I would hab=ve been a lot worse off (or dead) if i wasn't wearing good gear.
My craft did well, heavy inpact in the back of the helmet, a ding on the front, and a groove cut inbto the visor - possibly from my head sliding unbder the armco.
The textile jacket was worn through down to the body armour, and the denim on the Draggins was gone, but the kevlar was fine. I don't think my injuries would have been any less if I was wearing full leather.
Gloves and boots were untouched, although the boots helped with not breaking an ankle.
When i woke up on the side of the road, I remeber looking at my hands and thinking "where the fuck are my gloves? I don't remember taking them off? if they fell off in the crash, why is there still skin on my hands?
I was a little dazed to say the least.

I'll always wear my gear.

JackTar
07-01-2010, 12:55 PM
We make it sound like riders are getting picked on but lets be serious car drivers have just as many if not more safety laws imposed on them. Phones, seatbelts etc the people that can't use a phone and drive at the same time are bound to crash their cars sooner or later anyway but we can't use them.

JackTar
07-01-2010, 12:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

People die from falling over and hitting their head on the ground.
There is no control during an accident, which is precisely why you are having that accident.
I hit a car doing about 90kmh, flew about 30ft and did not have a scratch on my helmet. I hit another car doing about 40kmh and landed so hard on the back of my head that gravel was imbedded half an inch into my helmet.
Ask Rod about "a quiet cruise to the local shops". It wasn't a head injury but I bet given the chance again he would have worn the right gear.

I personally don't care if people won't wear a helmet, but if that becomes an option I hope that the insurance costs to do so are so astronomical that it makes it all but impossible.

Or if they have an accident which involves an injury which would have been avoided by a helmet their medicare card gets cut up before they are seen to.

Hillsy
07-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Statistics can be skewed to tell any story....

The report only focusses on fatalities - not head trauma (except the bit about 1966 / 67 where head trauma reduced due to compulsory helmet legislation). So it doesn't really tell the full story on whether helmets save lives or not, just that the states without compulsory helmet legislation have a lower fatality rate.

Personally I don't give a fuck - I'll never be riding my bikes without a full face helmet. Period.

Tony OW31
07-01-2010, 01:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar
Or if they have an accident which involves an injury which would have been avoided by a helmet their medicare card gets cut up before they are seen to.

To take that argument to its logical conclusion
Or if they have an accident which involves an injury which would have been avoided by being in a car their medicare card gets cut up before they are seen to.
Or if they have an accident which involves an injury which would have been avoided by not taking an unnecessary journey their medicare card gets cut up before they are seen to.
how far do you want to go?

JackTar
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

To take that argument to its logical conclusion
Or if they have an accident which involves an injury which would have been avoided by being in a car their medicare card gets cut up before they are seen to.
Or if they have an accident which involves an injury which would have been avoided by not taking an unnecessary journey their medicare card gets cut up before they are seen to.
how far do you want to go?

I hardly think that is the logical conclusion when both things you speak of are not breaking the law as opposed to not wearing a helmet.

Yes Yes I know that we are talking about it NOT being against the law thefore my point moot however when you do a Hazard Risk Assessment and something turns out to be very dangerous which let's face it riding a motorcycle is then you mitigate that danger by putting safeguards in place. One such safeguard for motorcycles is compulsory helmets just like one for driving cars is wearing seatbelts.

Most of the people who didn't wear helmets if they were not compulsory would be the ones who ride like fuckheads now so yes at the end of the day they are saving us from ourselves.

StuNVA
07-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Freedom of choice.
Some of the retards around these days are not capable of adding 2 + 2 and you expect them to make a WISE choice, I'm with those who are of the opinion to let them go out without any gear and do us all a favour by getting their DNA out of circulation.

If they choose to ride without a helmet ect, I see no reason why we should be made to pay for their stupidity, void insurance both medical and vehicle, fuck em.

My young fella had an off the other day up at Gingers Creek, he was doing about 60kmph, resurfaced road and he went down going into a corner, he was going slow enough, no damage to the draggin jeans or jacket, hard to believe, scratched the shit out of the front of his helmet and visor though, imagine no helmet there, he'd have half his face missing, real fucking clever. When I asked him what happen he said he didn't know because he was sliding down the road on his forehead when his visor came open and he got gravel in his eyes.

Tony OW31
07-01-2010, 04:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by StuNVA

Freedom of choice.

If they choose to ride without a helmet ect, I see no reason why we should be made to pay for their stupidity, void insurance both medical and vehicle, fuck em.

The problem with this is that there are a lot of people who see any motorcycling as an unnecessary risk, there are probably more anti motorcycle people than pro, and there response to any motorcycle accident would be.
If they choose to ride, I see no reason why we should be made to pay for their stupidity, void insurance both medical and vehicle, fuck em.

Tony OW31
07-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I hardly think that is the logical conclusion when both things you speak of are not breaking the law as opposed to not wearing a helmet.

Yes Yes I know that we are talking about it NOT being against the law thefore my point moot however when you do a Hazard Risk Assessment and something turns out to be very dangerous which let's face it riding a motorcycle is then you mitigate that danger by putting safeguards in place. One such safeguard for motorcycles is compulsory helmets just like one for driving cars is wearing seatbelts.

Most of the people who didn't wear helmets if they were not compulsory would be the ones who ride like fuckheads now so yes at the end of the day they are saving us from ourselves.

when doing a hazard risk assessment and finding something to be of high risk, the first question that is asked is "does this something need to be done?" in the case of riding our bikes, no it does not. PPE, which is helmets, boots etc is the very last thing you do to mitigate that risk, and is only used when every other safegaurd (such as elimination of that risk) has been discounted, so in essence what I put forward as a logical conclusion is just that.

JackTar
07-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Well it is something that needs to be done because it would be impossible to outlaw it however risk mitigation easy.

pt
07-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Helmet wearing is law so that when someone with no brain worth protecting goes without a helmet, there is a punishment for doing so. Otherwise our fucking hospitals would be full of people who have brain injuries but don't have any functioning brain[8D]

Although in saying that we might get a few more organs to harvest to save the rest of us.... food for thought?:)

Jup
07-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm with latheboy on this one: Do or don't, I could care less, but don't come crying to me once you're paying the price for your freedom to choose.

bladehunter
07-01-2010, 05:56 PM
But how long before Johnny come lately goes out without a helmet somehow his head hits the road and then decides to sue because he wasn't given enough information to make an informed choice.

Fuck 'em if they don't wanna play by the rules they can go and fuck off.

80s freak
07-01-2010, 07:07 PM
I support the gene pool arguement. To many fuckers are swimming in the shallow end anyway.

Shadowzone
07-01-2010, 07:13 PM

But how long before Johnny come lately goes out without a helmet somehow his head hits the road and then decides to sue because he wasn't given enough information to make an informed choice.

Fuck 'em if they don't wanna play by the rules they can go and fuck off.

Sues who? For what? You make the choice you live wth it. According to that argument, I can ride wearing my lid, shorts, pluggers and t-shirt and crash and sue. Because I wasn't given the info to make an informed choice.

No mate, you make the decision you live with the consequences of it, be they good, bad or downright ugly.

thejester650
08-01-2010, 09:56 AM
anyone who doesn't wear a helmet deserves everything he gets. had a few spills myself and my helmet took the brunt of it all. my missus cousin had a tinlid driver cut the corner around an intersection and clobbered him on his DRZ400 smashed his head on the bonnet then went underneath the car if it wasn't for his lid he'd have cracked open like an egg. he got out of it with a pretty bad head injury (was in hospital for 3 months and rehab for 6 months)and broken tibia and fibia. but still alive and back to his old self again.

el sammo
08-01-2010, 05:52 PM
helmets are good, do you have any idea how stupid youre face looks when youre concentrating on riding anyway? haha i think wearing a helmet is a good idea for sure,

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1263035503.jpg

ralph
08-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Logical conclusion. BAN CARS.

80s freak
08-01-2010, 07:51 PM
On ya Ralph! Gets my vote.

ralph
08-01-2010, 07:55 PM
If good helmets are so fuckin important Why are theyssssooooo
fuckin expensive/????
They should be subsidised by us (the government) so I dont have to wear a $150 spechalll
Sex and drugs should also be free

Jockney Rebel
09-01-2010, 01:44 AM
im with him on all of those lol^^^^^^
seriuosly tho my first real accident happenned in 1977 and i nutted the roof of a car with the chin piece of my [then] very expensive Griffin Clubman lid my bollox hurt from sliding up the tank of my brand new RD250 but id v had no jaw if id been wearing and open face lid or no lid at all soo since then ill wear nothing but full face lids

HOS
09-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Gotto agree with el sammo !
Most bikers are some ugly, ugly bastads and really do need to wear a lid in the interest of public health and safety [V]

Some of my mates are ugly sobs ! I like that, I feel comfortable amongst them :)

Shadowzone
09-01-2010, 07:36 AM
I can't be the only one who caught onto this little gem. Surely?

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1262999334.jpg

Tony OW31
09-01-2010, 07:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

im with him on all of those lol^^^^^^
seriuosly tho my first real accident happenned in 1977 and i nutted the roof of a car with the chin piece of my [then] very expensive Griffin Clubman lid my bollox hurt from sliding up the tank of my brand new RD250 but id v had no jaw if id been wearing and open face lid or no lid at all soo since then ill wear nothing but full face lids

Know what you mean about the full face thing, had a mate grind half of his jaw away wearing an open face, was not pretty. Ended up with a big flat area on the bottom of his face and his forehead. Ended up with a nickname of kryton.

JackTar
09-01-2010, 09:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by ralph

If good helmets are so fuckin important Why are theyssssooooo
fuckin expensive/????
They should be subsidised by us (the government) so I dont have to wear a $150 spechalll
Sex and drugs should also be free

Haven't you already started a fucked out thread about the price of helmets?

uncle pervy
09-01-2010, 09:54 AM
my last accident i broke collar bone, shoulder blade, 2 ribs pulled 1 away from the breast bone and another away from the back bone and punctured a lung. and i wasn't wearing a helmet
(i know, i know. just cause i'm not head injured doesn't mean i'm not brain damaged)

thejester650
11-01-2010, 09:42 AM
quote:Ended up with a nickname of kryton

LMFAO @ Tony OW31

BANDITROD
11-01-2010, 10:57 PM

my last accident i broke collar bone, shoulder blade, 2 ribs pulled 1 away from the breast bone and another away from the back bone and punctured a lung. and i wasn't wearing a helmet
(i know, i know. just cause i'm not head injured doesn't mean i'm not brain damaged)
i know exactly how you feel there mate i have had the exact same list of injuries but i was wearing a lid and if i wasnt i wouldnt be here cos i landed on my head and the cheap agv (bottom of the line) lid saved my life there are some pics on here somewhere of the lid i had on

BANDITROD
11-01-2010, 11:01 PM
here ya's go i found it http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1665&whichpage=3

uncle pervy
13-01-2010, 08:52 PM
so that's what cruise. meant by, ask rod about a quiet cruise to the shops. ouch

Mishdog20
13-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Faark rod, ya did take a bit of bark off didnt ya mate. The egg on the shoulder wasnt bad either.

BANDITROD
14-01-2010, 07:50 PM
yep thats right uncle and damn right mish now you can see why it took me so long to get my groove back but its back baby oh yeah

Mishdog20
14-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Buyin the thou wouldve helped get the ol confidence level back up. Hey did ya get the first service done yet???

uncle pervy
14-01-2010, 09:01 PM
hahaha sweet

BANDITROD
14-01-2010, 09:21 PM
fucking oath mate its max power now and i fucking love it i even have the new pipe on it aswell