PDA

View Full Version : Good suspension guy

jmack
31-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Im quite new here, started lurking around after my ZX9 made contact with the road a few weeks ago. I decided to make it a fighter, no choice can’t afford not too.

The forks look to be OK but I would like a pro to have a look at them just to make sure.
Racebike services can fuckoff to start with fucking wankers!

Do any of you lot know of a good suspension guy that I can have the forks looked at.
Im off to HRE today if they are open to have a chat to them.

Any help would be good.

BWIAN
31-12-2009, 09:59 AM
HRE??
Im assuming you mean SuperBikePeformance? (Jim Hanlon). :)

There are a few people in Adel who can help, depending on where you live in SA may determine where you go.

Try, Race Bike Services, or even Hoey Racing.

BWIAN
31-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Just read your reply on another thread about Race Bike Services, my how things change!!!

Your on a winner going to Jim Hanlon anyways jmack!

jmack
31-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks BWIAN, SBK sounds like a good place to go then.
Race Bike Services are shit, Peter was the man but now[:o)]
They can't fit shim stacks the right way, Shano from southern tyres had few problems with them.

sharky
31-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Welcome mate....Do us all a favour and stick to standard text...that bold shit is hard to read...;)

revken
31-12-2009, 10:22 PM
try hoey's racing, they are supposed to be pretty good. otherwise send it to promecha in melbourne

BWIAN
02-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Mark Nelson is still around, (EX Race Bike Srevices), he is onto it when it comes to Susp, was a great help at the TERRA Territory Challenge at Hidden Valley in 2009!

PM me for his number, or speak to James at Coast Yamaha for his number if interested.

jmack
03-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I would not let Mark do my brakes with his track record.

BWIAN
03-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Brakes????? WTF!!

And now that you have raised a point, why dont you tell us about his "Track Rercord"??

kev@vcm
03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by jmack

Im quite new here, started lurking around after my ZX9 made contact with the road a few weeks ago. I decided to make it a fighter, no choice can’t afford not too.

The forks look to be OK but I would like a pro to have a look at them just to make sure.
Racebike services can fuckoff to start with fucking wankers!

Do any of you lot know of a good suspension guy that I can have the forks looked at.
Im off to HRE today if they are open to have a chat to them.

Any help would be good.

have a look at SOS suspension in penrith

Z1OFF
16-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Yep HOEY's are good, out on Research rd Pooraka, last time i delt with them they were real helpfull and no fuss!

insane monkey
04-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Hoey is my choice he will set it up for your style and even the type of roads you ride.

revken
06-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I doubt I'd go back to promecha