PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

JackTar
30-12-2009, 12:07 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL MY FRIENDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE

1930's 1940's, 50's, 60's and early 70's !

First, we survived being born to mothers who drank while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos.
They took aspirin, ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes or cervical cancer..

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle...

Take away food was limited to fish and chips, no pizza shops, McDonalds , KFC, Subway or Nandos.

Even though all the shops closed at 6.00pm and didn't open on the weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death!

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy Toffees, Gobstoppers, Bubble Gum and some bangers to blow up frogs with.
We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. We built tree houses and dens and played in river beds with matchbox cars.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo Wii , X-boxes, no video games at all, no 999 channels on SKY ,
no video/dvd films,
no mobile phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no
Lawsuits from these accidents.

Only girls had pierced ears!

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

You could only buy Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns at Easter time...

We were given air guns and catapults for our 10th birthdays,

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Mum didn't have to go to work to help dad make ends meet!

RUGBY and CRICKET had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! Getting into the team was based on
MERIT

Our teachers used to hit us with canes and gym shoes and bully's always ruled the playground at school.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.
They actually sided with the law!

Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'Kiora' and 'Blade' and 'Ridge' and 'Vanilla'

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO
DEAL WITH IT ALL !

And YOU are one of them!
CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

devo
30-12-2009, 12:19 PM
And political correctnes was nowhere we could see ......

bladehunter
30-12-2009, 12:33 PM
what was it, 5 or 10 cents for a empty 750 coke bottle....then we'd jump the fence at the back of the shop and return them again the next day.

And there was always one crazy lady that was banned from buying BEX from the shops, that was another source of income........fuck was I dealer\mule at age 5 hahaha

Jup
30-12-2009, 12:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

An oldie, but a goodie!

StuNVA
30-12-2009, 03:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by bladehunter

what was it, 5 or 10 cents for a empty 750 coke bottle....then we'd jump the fence at the back of the shop and return them again the next day.

And there was always one crazy lady that was banned from buying BEX from the shops, that was another source of income........fuck was I dealer\mule at age 5 hahaha

The Coke recycle outlet was about 500mtrs down the road from the Allnighter, we cut a hole in the back fence and funded our school holidays with 100s of 5c bottle refunds....arrr the good old days.

30-12-2009, 08:25 PM
My grandparents lived next to the local softdrink factory in Cowra. My dear old poppy showed me where the crates of bottles were kept... Plenty of pocket money to spend on pocket knives and air rifle pellets.

Playing inside was unheard of.

80s freak
30-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Ahh, a time so far behind us now, stupid fucking nanny state we live in.

bladehunter
31-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Ironic thing is those born in those years are responsible for the state of affairs now

pommie02
31-12-2009, 08:15 AM
back in the mother country, we had spud guns and pea shooters. i never lost an eye...
the local copper knew everyones name and where you lived, he didnt mind clipping your ear.
mum always knew i had done something bad even before i got home...
swimming in the canal and the locks, playing on the tip ( landfill)
eating mad cow burgers.....wow what a life

Jup
31-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I blame the 'do not smack your children' movement.

KATO ZX7
31-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Nice work JackTar, its all true...

Im a 1974 kid, things were much different back then, much simpler and more fun
I got clipped accross the ears, a couple of kicks up the bum and you knew you had done wrong.
You lived back then and you learned....

Most kids these days think the world owes them some, most have no manners and most are down rite f'n rude to their peers.
And take their mobile phones off them, OMG, the world would end!!!

Jockney Rebel
31-12-2009, 05:45 PM
me ? born 1960
tv ended at midnight
kids programmes ended at 6pm
we played cowboys and indians in the back yard and i never got arrested for false inprisoning my mate [tied him to the washing line]
we got the bus to school and home again [thus less traffic ]
we hunted and shot foxes and got paid for thier tails
we trapped rabbits prepared cooked and ate them
dr who and frankenstein frightened the crap out of us
our teachers were equipped with leather belts for dishing out corporal punishment
our grannies and grandads look after all of us [22 kids ]sos our parents could celebrate new year
we knew our neighbours and cared about them
etc etc

Yamie
31-12-2009, 07:55 PM
So True I've printed it and stuck it on the Kids doors [8D]

Jup
31-12-2009, 08:46 PM
So, just bouncing off what bladwehunter said: Does this mean that the rest of us wouldn't mind if a teacher took to one of our kids with a belt for mouthing off?

StuNVA
31-12-2009, 08:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

So, just bouncing off what bladwehunter said: Does this mean that the rest of us wouldn't mind if a teacher took to one of our kids with a belt for mouthing off?

I told em too but the soft cocks just aren't allowed.

One teacher wanted to hire me to come in and straighten em out for her.

El_Hefty
31-12-2009, 09:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Nice work JackTar, its all true...

Im a 1974 kid, things were much different back then, much simpler and more fun
I got clipped accross the ears, a couple of kicks up the bum and you knew you had done wrong.
You lived back then and you learned....

Most kids these days think the world owes them some, most have no manners and most are down rite f'n rude to their peers.
And take their mobile phones off them, OMG, the world would end!!!

i guess youve answered it yourself, back in our days if you got out of line smart rude or obnoxious especially with the lads down the park you got a beatdown.... that learnt you.

Nowadays being locked inside only being chastised by your mother who cant hit you you grow up to be a cunt

336LJ
01-01-2010, 05:40 AM
I got the cane probably the last year it went out of fashion haha, born in 83 - got busted chucking rocks up on the roof at school. good thing is the headmaster hit me across the middle of my fingers not on my palm so it stung but i had to fake the rest.. I think i was in grade 3-4.

WE were smacked as kids. and I'll smack my kid. anyone in public who wants to fucking bitch about it with their asshole kids running around and getting into everything can have one too.

Definately blame the non smacking movement - fucking little shits are everywhere.. starting to sound like one of you old bastards. I hate their shitty music, poofter hair cuts, girly bitch clothes, and the fagmobiles they are driving around in...and despide all these little gangster cock suckers who roam around in packs and kick the shit out of people trying to have a good time..
/rant - I'm off to scream at the tv.

old gsxrr
02-01-2010, 09:47 PM
my young days were much cockney rebels -born in 1959 ,iff you went to someones place for a meal you got permission before you spoke at the table and you respected everyone older than you
did without just about everything the younuns get now , they say the kids demand or winge for things from their parents now , i'd tell them to work for it like i had to

grindella
02-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I did not see Tv until I was 10, had to walk a few miles to school through paddocks of bindies, patterson curse and scotch thistles. Nearest neighbours were a mile away. If you got in the shit the local cop kicked your arse and told you parents. It seemed like everyone of the 350 people in town knew who you were. But overall it was good and ive survived from 1958. Been stuffing myself up on bikes since 1975

oldskool
02-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Well said Blowie here here.