PDA

View Full Version : any good engineering firms?

phill78
27-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Gday all i am after an engineering firm who is excellent with CAD design, laithe and mill work and aluminium welding.
Am in the process of supercharging my motorcycle and after an absoulute nightmare of being screwed over by some pathetic excuse of a so called motorcycle mechanic, of which is about to get a surprise in the courts, i am ready to get the project further underway
so any advice of good shops will be much appreciated
cheers
oh am in victoria, melbourne
phillip

bladehunter
27-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Move up to Sydney for the project....and go see Ben

Booster
27-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Bens territory for sure .

What bike ?? and what supercharger,

Deano
27-12-2009, 08:56 PM
i would contanct latheboy for cab design work

i have a couple of guys i use arond melb for alloy welding and late and mill work but neither do both.

eg the lathe guy dosn't do alloy welding and the weling guy dosn't machine anything

phill78
27-12-2009, 09:04 PM
the bike is a z1000 and the supercharger is a rotrex c15-60
i have made some rough plans and designs but wouldnt mind seein what an expert wreckons or what they would do instead
thanks for the heads up on latheboy will drop him a msg

Booster
28-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Brett from Hayward Engineering in Leongatha runs rotrex superchargers on his busa powered hillclimb cars
he has gilmer drives and mount brackets for busa and is very experianced in the mounting, and pro's and cons of the serpentine or gilmer belts
Is the c15-60 big enough ?? TTS use the c30-94 on the busa's 1300cc ... suppose in some ways its just a matter of drive ratio's , but higher speeds impellers beat up the air more and create more heat

latheboy
28-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't contact latheboy he's a dickhead!!!!!

Havn't got any email Phillip altho you need 10 post to email other members.
Ill PM you and get the ball rolling, i can do the CAD work and the machining no problem.
The welding is a different story but i know people who can do it.

Sounds like a good project, i look forward to checking it out.