PDA

View Full Version : Strip the tupperware?

Slingblade
27-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Gday All

I have gotten hold of a decent 96 Trumpy Daytona and i am all at sea as to whether to strip her or not. I have not had a fighter project for a while now, but when i sink my teeth in it all tends to happen quickly.

My dilemma is i have always loved the original original Hinkley Trumpets, especially the original black Speed Triple, but this is a Daytona and anyone who knows their 90's bikes knows this bikes fairing is about as sexy as a plastics can get.

It is all blacked out with red plastics, and will never look like the black speed 3, but i just took the lowers off for some maintenance and it really does look shit hot with that black donk.

I am just seeing it with a round 9inch headlight with red body and chrome ring..................

What the fuck should i do??

Jup
27-12-2009, 03:52 AM
Why not unbolt all you can - go as far as you can without doing anything permanent and see how she looks and then decide?

ShedBoy
27-12-2009, 07:01 AM
What jup said. Keep the original gear and it can always be put back to standard. I am doing this with a 84 GPZ 1100 at the moment. Staunch looking bike to start with but a change was calling.

robmac
27-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Definitely get the fairings off. Have you seen racecomp's Daytona??

Hillsy
27-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Make sure you don't lose any bolts if you start stripping it - they're mostly imperial bastard sizes that you won't find at your local hardware store....

80s freak
28-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Mate of mine did a "Speed 4" back when they were new, looked awesome! And went like fuck too.