PDA

View Full Version : The law on shit

ShedBoy
26-12-2009, 08:09 PM
What is the minimum width for rear indicators in WA. I know it use to be 300mm but someone told me they have dropped it down to 240mm, is this right? Also do the street cops understand E marks generally or do they sticker if it ain't original?

BillyWhizz888
27-12-2009, 07:45 PM
when getting the latest sticker from plod he uttered these words
"I am not a mechanic, I dont have a clue about what the requirements are, but if its loud, or I think its wrong you get the sticker"
My bar end indicators were passed as OK
BUT then got knocked back on review as the aperture size of the lens was under...

ShedBoy
28-12-2009, 06:53 AM
I know they have a job to do but they should be trained in more aspects of it if they are going to work in traffic. I am not a mechanic by trade but I can read. Do anyone know if we are meant to modify by NCOP standards[?]

Rocket
28-12-2009, 08:58 AM
I believe it's 240 or 250mm but I am no expert.

The factory rear indicators on my HD are well under 300.

browncow
19-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Need to be not less than (so equal to/greater than) 300mm.
Ankles at the pits gave me stick because my ancient stock rear blinkers were 130mm...

From here:

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_2019_homepage.html

quote:97. Location of direction indicator lights
(1) A pair of direction indicator lights fitted to a vehicle must have the centre of each light at least —
(a) for a motor bike or the single wheel end of a motor trike — 300 mm from the centre of the other light;
(b) for lights fitted at the 2 wheel end of a motor trike —
600 mm from the centre of the other light, unless the centre of each direction indicator light is not over 400 mm from the nearer side of the vehicle;
(c) for another vehicle with a width of not over 1300 mm — 400 mm from the centre of the other light; and
(d) for another vehicle with a width of over 1300 mm — 600 mm from the centre of the other light.
(2) The centre of each direction indicator light must be at least 350 mm above ground level.
(3) The centre of each light in a pair of direction indicator lights required to be fitted to a vehicle must not be over —
(a) 1.5 m above ground level; or
(b) if it is not practicable for the light to be fitted lower —
2.1 m above ground level.
(4) For subrule (1), the width of a vehicle is measured disregarding any anti-skid device mounted on wheels, central tyre inflation systems, lights, mirrors, reflectors, signalling devices and tyre pressure gauges.

Hagarr
19-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Ah dood ficenk lcku ealind wtih ntscu.

awl utno tehmelvse.

hyofighter
20-01-2010, 01:17 AM
danny , no more drinks mister

BillyWhizz888
20-01-2010, 08:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

Ah dood ficenk lcku ealind wtih ntscu.

awl utno tehmelvse.

Put me down for two of them :D

exec0184
26-03-2010, 12:49 AM
gday guys,
I am a motorcycle mechanic and I can say we run a few rules of thumb:
1) 300mm from globe to globe. The GPX 250s came into the country had to have a altered indicators, because the moldered indicators in the ducktail were too close together.
2) Mud guards need to have coverage the width of the rear wheel, and cover 45 degrees, from the vertical line from the axle back. A bit of plastic with a tail light will do (about 15 bucks all up from repco).
3) Anything altering the standard exhaust, but fuck 'em, take off the pipe, tact a plate with a couple holes drilled in them over the pipe, should be nice a quiet.
But at the end of the day, they highway squids will always say 'i'm not a mechanic, I deam it to be in breech of the law', on more than one occasion we have had 5 or 6 bikes come in on Monday.. all canaried but the same cop.