PDA

View Full Version : what bike is good to street fighter ???

kev@vcm
25-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey guys im sitting in the shed sucking back some beers looking at custmers work i need to get finished and my thourts have turned to building a street fighter Now my question is im a suzuki owner and very proud but im looking to build a streetfighter for my business so im reaching out to fellow ASF members for some ADVICE on what where why

thanks guys take care over the holidays

03gixxerpilot
25-12-2009, 03:46 PM
well form what you have said, proberly a suzuki would be a good bike to streetfighter LOL

kev@vcm
25-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Now whats the best place to get SF headlights and all that bits i need? i know theres quiet a few places but i would rather Quality and am happy to pay for that quality

bladehunter
25-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I've seen vaccuum cleaners given the treatment, anything I guess

kev@vcm
25-12-2009, 05:14 PM
yeah this is true blade very true.i suppose im just hopeing to draw on other peoiples opinions and experiences as this bike will represent my business so im takeing in as much info as possible

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
25-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Have flick through some build threads mate, should pick up a few ideas there. Try flea bay for bits and pieces or the bits for sale section on this forum.

kev@vcm
25-12-2009, 06:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by OLD SKOOL BANDIT

Have flick through some build threads mate, should pick up a few ideas there. Try flea bay for bits and pieces or the bits for sale section on this forum.

thanks mate yeah its just theres so many models of suzuki out there im haveing trouble decideing what to buy and make sure its going to represent my busniess if a good way but thanks heaps for the tips mate

Nudie
25-12-2009, 06:41 PM
If your business is seats, do something with a big seat!
Maybe a HQ Kingswood or an XA Falcon. They have big seats!

kev@vcm
25-12-2009, 06:54 PM
yeah im looking at something along those lines but as for my business all i do is bikes so car seats are out for me but thanks for the idea

HOS
25-12-2009, 09:03 PM
As your a Suzuki guy,
there are very few fightered Busas out there...

slickncghia
25-12-2009, 09:16 PM
thats because they're ugly when you pull off the plastics.

something like a big torquey bandit 12/gsxr11/gsx14 engine shoe horned in something unusual (ie not gsx 750) would be cool

maybe chuck it in a dr650 fram and put a motard style on it.

kev@vcm
25-12-2009, 09:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

As your a Suzuki guy,

at no time HOS will i be butchering my very rare black n purple busa mate as there was only 2954 ever made in that colour so thats why im looking for some direction in what to get to mate into a SF so i can promote my business at bike shows

80s freak
25-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Do you prefer twins or fours, it's always a bit harder when you have a clean slate to start on, how crazy do you want to go, I've always wanted to do an SV 650/1000 motor in an rgv frame. Reckon there can't be to many of them around.

HOS
25-12-2009, 09:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by slickncghia

thats because they're ugly when you pull off the plastics.

You mean Busa`s are ugly ??? :( No one told me ????

kev@vcm
25-12-2009, 09:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by 80s freak

Do you prefer twins or fours, it's always a bit harder when you have a clean slate to start on, how crazy do you want to go, I've always wanted to do an SV 650/1000 motor in an rgv frame. Reckon there can't be to many of them around.

i would idearly like to keep it 4 cyl but you have made me think about a twin i might even look at a metric chopper something thats totally out of the norm that i can have with my stall when i do bike shows

HOS
25-12-2009, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by kev@vcm

quote:Originally posted by HOS

As your a Suzuki guy,

at no time HOS will i be butchering my very rare black n purple busa mate as there was only 2954 ever made in that colour so thats why im looking for some direction in what to get to mate into a SF so i can promote my business at bike shows

Didnt mean fighetring your purple jobbie ;)

If you wanna do a bike to promote your business its gonna have to reflect your ideas and engineering.

How bout a Triumph ? One with the tubular frame and single sider as a base bike?

Buells are going cheap ? Rare or will be.

Coupla classics not been done very much, but we have looked at them and thought YEAH !! :

An early GPZ1000RX which arent slow, but big, black and wide !!
or an early CBR1000 ? again a big chunky bike with plenth of grunt.
In all black, debadged, set of decent spension front and back you`ve got a shortwheelbase, fatass fighter [8D]
Not a lotta dollar for those bikes ;)

kev@vcm
25-12-2009, 09:52 PM
yeah HOS i see where your going ok sweet i will have a look and see how i go . thaqnks heaps i will keep my eyes open for a bargin base bike

ShedBoy
26-12-2009, 07:25 AM
You can build using any bike. If built well it will interest people. If going to bike shows just be sure to cater to the expected crowd. May need more than one bike, dam shame that. Some nice work you have done there.

kev@vcm
26-12-2009, 08:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by ShedBoy

You can build using any bike. If built well it will interest people. If going to bike shows just be sure to cater to the expected crowd. May need more than one bike, dam shame that. Some nice work you have done there.

yeah true i have my busa that had a heap spent on her and now im looking at something eles to so cause i can write all the work off into the business. im looking at a slab side gixxer or if i went metro chopper an ol yamaha xs 650 but i do like street fighters

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
26-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Try the impossible or improbable like Iceman and turbo something small or supercharge somthing huge ! Turbo motard or charged GSX14.

kev@vcm
26-12-2009, 09:05 AM
yeah but its hard to find something thats going to complement my business in the way i want as i said i love SF its more for show that anything and its going to be sitting nect to my lowered and tricked out busa so its not going to be ridden its just to show case my work

bladehunter
26-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I've had a dream about a later model VTR 250 & a CR 500 crating a love child.....no no no not the 250 in the crosser frame

kev@vcm
26-12-2009, 09:44 AM
well ive done some looking and i think i have a good idea of what i want so thanks heaps guys for all your info its much aprecated now its time to put all this info into a bike

alfiestorm
26-12-2009, 09:48 AM
how about an old efe and totally modernise it in the best streetfighter styly, would be a good ad for your company ? engineering wise and upholstery

alf

kev@vcm
26-12-2009, 10:08 AM
i loved the EFE fully dressed and yeah the seats are a good size to and do some make custom with some custom logo's

ShedBoy
26-12-2009, 03:34 PM
My old chopper GPZ. Check my custom seat out. 6 months it lasted before the battery acid got to it.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1261859561.jpg

Went like a cut cat to. Pulled the wheel about 50mil off the ground and stayed there. Miss the bitch, got called the Singapore Whore.:D

StuNVA
26-12-2009, 03:54 PM
My first roadie was a CBX250, way back

kev@vcm
26-12-2009, 04:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by ShedBoy

My old chopper GPZ. Check my custom seat out. 6 months it lasted before the battery acid got to it.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1261859561.jpg

Went like a cut cat to. Pulled the wheel about 50mil off the ground and stayed there. Miss the bitch, got called the Singapore Whore.:D

yeah see now somwthing like a chopper would be cool but im drawn more toward the SF'S something i see will just triger me and say yeah thats the bike its just finding 1

HOS
26-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Theres a lot been done allready but, how about summat radical for a fighter?

An old Brit bike ?

650 twin BSA ? [:p] Imagine that with straight thro pipes out the
tail unit ?

A Meriden triple ??

Bonnie ?

:)

HOS
26-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Its an idea isnt it ? ;)

A classic Brit bike based streetfighter.
Do`nt see many if any at all.

Imagine a radical British big twin cyl fighter ?

HOS
26-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Idea:

Big British parallel twin (polished) in original steeel cradle frame but strengthened/braced...... in gloss black.
Big and wide USD forks on the front with billet yokes.
Box section alloy rear swingarm (monoshock) with no bracing, shortie wheelbase.
Peanut tank ala flat tracker.
Stumpy arse end.
Drag bars.

Can see it ;)

kev@vcm
26-12-2009, 11:11 PM
that sounds kick ass HOS i love cafe racer /flat trackers i see where your going and i likes it

HOS
26-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Pleasure man :)

Ideas are good.

Even bad ideas are good in showing what not to do.:D

kev@vcm
26-12-2009, 11:33 PM
i agree tottaly mate

ShedBoy
27-12-2009, 07:06 AM
OOOOH yeah go the britt bike that would be a rather smashing bit of kit. Ariel square 4 now that would be different.

fimpBIKES
27-12-2009, 04:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by kev@vcm

Hey guys im sitting in the shed sucking back some beers looking at custmers work i need to get finished

oi! finish my seat [:p]

ps- forgot to tell you, but just want the logo with the white symbol and red sword ;)

kev@vcm
28-12-2009, 07:12 PM
yeah yeah bout time you told me what you wanted done? you havent told me waht you want done with the seat mate so i gather i have free rain on creation? lol what colout is your bike? mite do something special?

kev@vcm
28-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Ok i scored a bike guys its an 89 gpx 750 it has a removable rear subframe so , im looking for a subframe soon of a late zxr so its all sorted guys thanks heaps for all your imput