PDA

View Full Version : how do i leave negitive feedback on ebay

Deano
21-12-2009, 05:42 PM
i sold my k4 750 seat unit to a knob head that hasn't paid or made contact after i have sent him many emials.
i have noticed that ebay have taken away the ability to leave negitive feedback you can only leave positive feedback or 'leave feedback later'

i have reported the problem but still cant leave the negitive he deserves.

any ideas

sharky
21-12-2009, 05:45 PM
You can't mate....I emailed them about the fukwitt that took 4 months to arrange to get the fj motor picked up and they just said it was now there policy...No neg can be left by seller.

Jup
21-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Click 'leave feedback' > 'report a problem' > follow instructions for 'unpaid item'

Complaint must be resolved within 4-36 days (check the details at the link). Ebay will mark the buyer as a 'non-payer' and possibly suspend them if they don't pay, but you MUST complete the process within the given timeframe!

Deano
21-12-2009, 06:15 PM
have done that. will close off case once the 4 days is up

thanks guys

JackTar
21-12-2009, 07:04 PM
You can't leave negative feedback for a buyer Deano, I understand your frustration but I also understand why they have done this. All a buyer has to do is pay the money (normaly) and their are dozens of things that a seller can do wrong, before they changed this to how it is now it was like a mexican standoff, the seller would wait to see if the buyer put in negative feedback about them and if they did then they would give the buyer negative feedback just out of spite (I have had this happen a few times). Ultimately the worst that can happen to a seller is that they are left with the thing they are trying to get rid of and if they take action eBay refunds whatever it cost you for the add there are far worse things that can happen to a buyer and other people need to know said things if they are considering buying off them.

Iceman
21-12-2009, 07:21 PM
I got stitched up earlier on in the year, I sent the item COD and it never got picked up, and the prick never got back to me after the initial sale and inquiry about COD. It took months to get the item back from Australia post, I had to pay postage to Brissy and back and never got to warn anyone about this slimey piece of shit. Ebay won't do shit.

JackTar
21-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Never thought about COD, in saying that I wouldn't do it.

Jup
21-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Agreed JackTar, even as an employee I will say that the only service I will trust/use is express post, and even then, the item is not posted until the funds are cleared - ever.

tit-for-tat negative feedback was an issue, I like the new setup. It puts the onus on the seller to excercise good customer service, but doesn't leave them without recourse should the buyer reneg: I can't think of many worse consequenses to a persons ebay reputation than having them marked as a non-payer.

Once a seller lodges a complaint with ebay, they contact the buyer themselves attempting to resolve the issue - if you're a buyer and you get tagged, it's because you're a twat, and you deserve to be banned.

grindella
21-12-2009, 11:07 PM
you guys crack me up, you call ebay, egay, sleazebay etc. Have you not learnt that ebay sucks and you can be caught out. If you use it grin and bare it lol.

The Mad One
23-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Deano,the only way to shop on that site is if there is an item you require & the owner has a mobile,ring them direct.Suss them out & go from there ;) if selling then just reverse the procedure.I had some shit go down & they badgered me for months untill I told them where the bus stop was [}:)] in no uncertain terms ;)

Deano
23-12-2009, 05:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by grindella

you guys crack me up, you call ebay, egay, sleazebay etc. Have you not learnt that ebay sucks and you can be caught out. If you use it grin and bare it lol.

i think you are missing the point mate. i don't have a problem with the way ebay works i like it but all i want to do is leave the correct feedback reflecting the transaction that took place.

he dosn't deserve positive feedback and if i did the same thing to somone else i would expect to get negitive feedback aswell.

mundy.
hard to sus somone out when they bid in the last few seconds. i email him to say i would get a post quote first and then send through invoice but never heard back from him about anything

Jup
23-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Deano: Did you actually send the invoice?

Lucas
23-12-2009, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Never thought about COD, in saying that I wouldn't do it.

I bought some oberon bar end mirrors about 2 years back COD. When I picked them up from the post office the silly old bugger didn't charge me. The seller is lucky that I'm an honest bloke, I called them and transfered the $ into their account.

Deano
23-12-2009, 08:54 PM
yes have sent invoice on 15/12