PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding a clutch line???

VFighteR
17-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Is the the same way as you would bleed a brake line?

Fight_fan
17-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Thats how i did mine mate, n it worked perfectly!

damo1
17-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah mate but what i do is gravity bleed to start.

Open the nipple and let the fluid drain right through the line till it comes out the nipple.

Make sure you keep an eye on it and keep the fluid topped up when your doing it so you dont get air back in there.

Then nip up the nipple and a couple bleeds same as the brakes just to make sure and you should be sweet.

This is of course if there is no fluid in there at all?????

Hillsy
17-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Use a syringe

Docktor
17-12-2009, 09:55 PM
this is a joke right ? ? ?

If its not i apologize...........
yes, the same way as you bleed a brake ........ except its the lever on the other side.................

oh n tie ya lever in about halfway overnight n bleed again in the mornin. i dunno why , just thought i should add that.

iamsmashed.tonite.tops

VFighteR
18-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey Docktor - no its not a joke - I have never owned a bike with a hydraulic clutch, so, excuse my ignorance!!!...isn't that what a forum is for anyway???

For all the others, Thanks for the heads up - Will do so when I get my new HEL lines next week

Have a great weekend

damo1
18-12-2009, 10:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by VFighteR

Hey Docktor - no its not a joke - I have never owned a bike with a hydraulic clutch, so, excuse my ignorance!!!...isn't that what a forum is for anyway???

For all the others, Thanks for the heads up - Will do so when I get my new HEL lines next week

Have a great weekend

Yeah so you are putting on new lines!!

So your best to start with the gravity feed first its the same as what i do with my brakes otherwise it takes for ever to pump the fluid through.

Good luck with it mate.

grindella
20-12-2009, 11:52 PM
simplest no fuss way is to run a plastic tube from bled screw to master cylinder then pump, top up master cylinder when its starts getting low. Continue to pump untik no air in line then tighten bleed screw and ther you have it.

BANDITROD
21-12-2009, 10:00 AM
^^^^^^^^^thats a new one to me i am gunna give thae a try cheers grindella

grindella
21-12-2009, 11:16 PM
no problems rod glad to help, just watch out for excess in the line when you remove hose.

Hillsy
22-12-2009, 09:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by grindella

no problems rod glad to help, just watch out for excess in the line when you remove hose.

I was going to say that ^^^ You'll have a 4 foot hose filled with fluid that is going to piss all over your thongs.....:D

grindella
22-12-2009, 10:47 PM
yeh was an after thought some thing I dont have to worry about. My hose has a fish tank filter tap at the bleed screw end. But imagined toes covered in brake fluid