PDA

View Full Version : chainging emulsion tubes 38mm CV mikunis

Ed74mnd
15-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Hello,

On a GSX1100 motor, using 38mm GSXR carbs, have spent days fiddling with pilot jets, mixture screws, float levels. etc, I almost have the bike running… with the help of an AF meter, the bike starts ok and idles well, then it goes massively rich and stays rich. Ok, dropped the pilots to #30, turned the mixture screw to 1.5, and moved the floats up to 16mm which is getting pretty high and still same problem.

Ok put all new o-rings thru the carb and still same prob.

Next, figured its probably the emulsion tubes, so have ordered some from Factory pro. Question is how do I get the emulsion tubes out?
Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Hillsy
15-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Email Mark at Factory Pro - he'll should help you out no problems.

info@factorypro.com

loosebruce
16-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Should be a press fit, tap out from the top.
Got new needles, as well?
Did the ones in my 1100 a while ago, much betterer.

RussVC
16-12-2006, 04:22 PM
On the standard GSX1100 34cv carbs you undo the main jet which screws into the emulsion tube (needle jet)and they simply push out into the main bore of the carb, 38cv's should be the same. If they're stuck screw in the main jet then back it off half a turn and you can "lightly" tap on the main jet to loosen the emumulsion tube.
Cheers

cutcat
16-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah dead easy, just unscrew the main jet then gently tap the tube up through the body of the carb with a flattened rod. Often the plastic slide carrier will come out with it. If this is worn, the emulsion tube will wear out again within 5000kms. Replace these too if necessary.

Ed74mnd
18-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey guys,
Marc at factory pro advised the 38mm emulsion tubes “They (emulsion tubes) tap up INTO the carb > towards the carb bore.”

Cutcat and Russ,
Not sure what the plastic slide carrier is? The slide? I’m not sure if mine are that worn, the needles look ok except slight markings where under the white collar, presumably from the slide. There are no other signs of wear.

Loosebruce,
Yep would appear I need to tap out from the top, needles I am using the same needles as there is no wear around the clip grooves, or along the entire length, just the bit I mentioned earlier. Have heard mixed reports about factory pro needles, anybody using FP needles?

So now waiting for the emulsion tubes to arrive.

Thanks for you r help

Cheers

Ed

RussVC
18-12-2006, 10:24 PM
G'day Ed,
Don't know what a plastic slide carrier is myself but then again I've never seen the inside's of 38 cv's, have a look at this site for a parts diagram, http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm
Cheers