PDA

View Full Version : carbs

Jockney Rebel
14-12-2006, 11:16 PM
wanna know what would be a good late replacment for the cv s in the cb900 i have, - any ideas?

alfiestorm
15-12-2006, 12:05 AM
gixxer/bandit ones I think any of the others that are any good are down draft type or sit at an angle or you could try the early slide carbs off of the Z's GS's maybe ?

Jockney Rebel
15-12-2006, 04:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

gixxer/bandit ones I think any of the others that are any good are down draft type or sit at an angle or you could try the early slide carbs off of the Z's GS's maybe ?
cheers alfie ill give it a go m8 by the way felicitatious greeting s of the season[i do miss the snow]

alfiestorm
15-12-2006, 08:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

cheers alfie ill give it a go m8 by the way felicitatious greeting s of the season[i do miss the snow]

And greetings of the seasonal kind to you sir.

I forgot to say some of the slabside gsxr's had slide carbs aswell.
Did you find out anymore about ikon shocks?

Oh and snow equals frozen dangly bits ,shrunken nut sack and no bike riding due to the outcome will probably be a broken bike and a hospital visit.
Snow does have it's uses it can be made into snow balls and then used to remove policemans hats from a distance of course.

I would prefer to have warm/hot weather all year which equals lots of bike riding instead of looking at my bike in the garage.

15-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Actually was just had an email from Badvan (in Germany) bitching about the snow.

Hate the fuggin stuff meself[V]

Unless it's snow cones of course ;) [8D]

Jockney Rebel
15-12-2006, 11:14 PM

quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

And greetings of the seasonal kind to you sir.

I forgot to say some of the slabside gsxr's had slide carbs aswell.
Did you find out anymore about ikon shocks?

Oh and snow equals frozen dangly bits ,shrunken nut sack and no bike riding due to the outcome will probably be a broken bike and a hospital visit.
Snow does have it's uses it can be made into snow balls and then used to remove policemans hats from a distance of course.

I would prefer to have warm/hot weather all year which equals lots of bike riding instead of looking at my bike in the garage.

yeah they do a revamp of the old koni gas shock at 900bucks
my budget wont stretch to that at the mo so....russ [sharky] is sending me the old shocks from his xjr i may be able to rebuild em but if not at least i can use them for sizing
ive nearly got all my bits /favours in place and i should be begining the build after the festivities whatevr state its in by april its going to dubbo...

Jockney Rebel
15-12-2006, 11:18 PM
yeah i must admit i forgot what its like to ride up to London in the cold then spend all day ridin in the fekin cold just to ride back to kent ...in the cold
tell u what u havnt experienced stink untill u take a set of waterproofs that have had stewin farts in em all day..off! its a cross between burning rubber and dead flesh :]

15-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah, it get s cold down here (-8 in winter) but the air is dry, there's bugger all rain, and the days are sunny, tolerable to ride in.
Back in NZ it's a lot more overcast and drizzly, like England, but nowhere near as cold, never saw below 0 in any of the places I lived in, but it still gets fuggin miserable to ride in some days.

Jockney Rebel
17-12-2006, 11:36 PM
its that slight drizzly rain that used to piss me off u cant open ur visor and you have to wipe it every 2 seconds

Jockney Rebel
17-12-2006, 11:42 PM
shox arrived [ta sharky] they dont look too bad one has a fecked rod and obviously leakin but the other is reasonable..gonna take em into our workshop this week and strip them see if we ve got an seals and or wipers thatll fit ,then all i need to do is make/source a rod..i also picked up the little acrebis h/light from jacktar today its as said in his ad brand new just got to find some decent lights for it[ta jack]