PDA

View Full Version : looking for work

wackyrider
09-12-2009, 04:16 PM
As the title says looking for work, part-time, full-time, on the the books or whatever. Just need cash.

Just got a call from work as I was doing a test at school to inform me not to go in till work picks up.... Bloody great. I was part time due to being a full time student, but can work full time for the next 2 months as today was my last day of school.

I've worked all different lines of jobs, from Sales assistant, customer care, assistant electritian, Trade Assisitant in a Valve Engineering company to bike shops and the lot.

If u know of anything in the Melbourne area please let me know as if things remain like this I'll have to sell the car... then the bike....

Hope it doesn't come to it, but have another year of school to pay for, plus rent and all the other usuall stuff.

Can provide CV and references if required.

Currently studying Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, including CAD, robotics, Advanced Material science and Fluid power to mention a few.

Cheers in advance

Large
09-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Can you make kebabs?:D

Sorry Jules, but when I was working, my favourite kebab shop had pilots, an engineer and a bloke claiming to have a doctorate or be a doctor doing the cooking.

Me likey kebabs made by smart people[:p]:D

Good luck with the job hunting

Tony Nitrous
09-12-2009, 05:25 PM
It might be a bit of a step down, but labourers get about $20 / hour in civil
and there are hundreds of tickets you can go for. More tickets, more $$$$.

There's work out there if your keen, reliable and not
frightened to put the hours in a get dirty.

Tony.J.

BANDITROD
09-12-2009, 06:13 PM
if you get stuck jules give me a bell mate i may be able to help you out but its in horsham

latheboy
09-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Is there much work up there Rod.... being thinking about moving up there for years...
There's plenty of work around , see if you can get into a shut down job as a TA over christmas. big dollers doing shut downs

BANDITROD
09-12-2009, 07:04 PM
it depends on your talents ivan so i am sure you would have no trouble getting work up here mate and on the plus side we can go shooting whenever we want to

latheboy
09-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Im not talking about truck stops and hwy toilets bud id want a real job, might have a look see

watkins
09-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Jules,
i can get you a job, give me a bell
labour hire type stuff - office strip outs, rubbish removal, pay is cash

BANDITROD
09-12-2009, 08:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

Im not talking about truck stops and hwy toilets bud id want a real job, might have a look see
i know that you putz a man of your talents would have no hope in a high paying job like that

hotmilk
09-12-2009, 11:00 PM
If you can lift heavy shit (or even if you cant) hit up http://www.tollpersonnel.com.au/
I used to work for toll priority loading pallets of a night. casual gig but once you get in and they like you your set! only part time but pay is 22-23 bucks an hour odd. and alot of the guys do morning and night shifts cos they are only 4 hour shifts, which if you can get onto is good. but at priority it is DEAD easy work lol like really easy lol located in pt melb. you can also do toll ipec, but its alot bigger shit adn alot quicker... ie lifting 500 mowers and hour when its busy sorta shit lol

wackyrider
09-12-2009, 11:46 PM
cheers boys. looking onto them