PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to fighter my blade

HueyonaBlade
14-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Hey there, I was wondering if the Blade that was featured back in March by FIGHTERMC ever got the paint job as he has the exact same set up that Im into and I really need some help from you all as some of the ideas are really cool hope to have a long Student teacher relationship:D

Gix11
14-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Welcome aboard Huey. Good of you to join us.
Funny you should mention Frank's Blade as the new owner has just joined up as well and is about to put some photos up of it as it looks now. Check his intro here:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3965

As for how Frank had it before the sale, check this topic at the bottom of the page that appears:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3429&whichpage=3

14-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Actually where's WesTheIrishman ?

Saw him a week or two ago, and he's recently repainted his Blade, silvery grey kinda color with Emerald green clover leafs etc. Looked pretty damned good (although I didn't tell him that of course). Should push him to get photo's up.

WATEVR
14-12-2006, 11:12 PM
welcome aboard huey. bloody hell its nearly a new member a day atleast, GIX11 what are the stats on that m8?

Gix11
14-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Just click this if you want to see who has joined on what day: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/members.asp?UserName=&FirstName=0&LastName=0&INITIAL=&link=sort&mode=search&M_NAME=&method=datedesc - check the MEMBER SINCE column.

15-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Welcome huey.I now have fra's old blade.The 1 in yellow with the x blade paint job.I have just recently put a 04 single seat race unit onto my blade,Im just waiting to put a vfr single sided swingarm on it and i will post photos soon.....

HueyonaBlade
15-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Nice one Griff I have been in the archives and seen the responses sounds like its going to be the GOODS, so the photos are what we are waiting for cheers

HueyonaBlade
15-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Guys I have been racking my little brain and Google to try and find places to aquire bits to help convert this bitch into so thing beautiful ie: R1 sub frame etc( maybe a bit ahead of myself) But at least gear for the new bar mounts (Does the top triple need to be replaced ) and extended clutch cable etc .Please treat me as your Little Bro. and hold my hand as I walk through this new world

Slingblade
15-12-2006, 10:44 PM
I can help you on the blades but i am certainly not gonna hold your fuckin hand, and i used to beat the shit out of my little brother.

I drilled the stock top clamp. Just piss off the little inlaid honda badge and fill the hole with bog as it will look better and give you a flat surface for the risers to clamp to. You would need to paint or powdercoat it obviously. Make sure you use the largest diameter washers you can fit on the underside of the clamp as it will give you more strength. The billet top clamp kits do look great though and technically would be safer.

My stock clutch cable did fit after the bar conversion but it has the right angled fitting near the lever and pulled the cable at an awkward angle so i pissed it off and got a 6inch over length.

You will need new brakelines as they will be too short. braided lines are a good upgrade regardless and you can piss off the brakeline splitter on the bottom clamp.

That do for now you handholding gaystrap??

Welcome to the forum.

15-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Have a look at Austreetfighter.com.au for flat bar conversion kits and riser plates plus risers plus bars. Plus a whole lot of other goodies.
What blade are you riding?
Some existing top triples can be converted to risers and flat bars, or you could even look at making you're own (I did). extended cables will depend on the type of bars you go for, I have dead flat drag bars and required no change to cables, but did have to get new brake lines. I went for new braided lines from Stu (Austreetfighter.com.au and he's a member here), and they do extended lines for ne extra charge, matched to your particular model. Worth doing, if extra length necessary. You'll also have to look at new indicators and headlight once you remove the fairing, plus maybe dash,or at least new mounting brackets for the existing dash. Stu has a very tasty dash unit at the moment which is really cheap (http://www.austreetfighter.com.au/scart/html/312.html $420) or you can go for things like bicycle speedos which are tiny, and very cheap, but probably a better idea for more experienced riders (I don't need a tacho or oil temp guage after 25+ years riding big Jap 4's). If you don't go for a complete unit like above then you will have to sort out idiot lights / temp guages / tacho etc seperately.
Have a look around for examples of fightered blades for ideas of what you would like before committing cash.
Be cautious about spending too much on fightering a blade 250 if it's you're learner bike as you'll probably want to upgrade it in the near future.

And don't be afraid to ask on here, most of the guys are pretty good blokes willing to help fellow members with advice and more. There's also a number of guys in the relevant industries manufacturing bits and pieces, ie Ben at Extreme Creations, Crazymofo does some lazer cutting work etc etc. They'll charge, but it'll be reasonable, and they know what they are doing. You can also PM individual members for specific advice when necessary.

PS some damned fine looking Blade fighters out there.

fimpBIKES
16-12-2006, 12:16 AM
were u actually being nice there chalky???

i thought u said u were off the happy-smokes [:P]

alfiestorm
16-12-2006, 02:11 AM
chalky nice nah he must have whacked his head on something

HueyonaBlade
16-12-2006, 02:29 PM
I appreciate the brutallity , makes me feel right at home I will be kicking of over the Xmas break with the front convert so cheers guys oh and it was a figure of speech the hand holding Slingblade, dont panic .
Thanks Chalky ,have actually been searching sites for about 6 months to get ideas and that, Emailed Ben (Extreme Creations)he has done some really nice work, and his advice has put me on the right path, Im on a 94 model (Tiger for now )and I the worst thing is its a commuter as well so the things that I need to do cant really take more than a week at a time otherwise the wife gets suss

16-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Got the daughter staying here for some of the school holidays, and she's still young and innocent enough to think I'm a nice bloke. No need to go disappointing her too early :D The shock'll be bad enough when it comes.

Actually I am a bit more sociable and pleasant off the wacky weed (well kinda). The munchies and giggles departed my bong a damned long time ago. Got held up by a group of plastics the other night for damned near an hour, and didn't actually directly abuse any of'em.

HueyonaBlade
17-12-2006, 08:53 PM
P.S. Chalky I have only now had a chance to check out that link, for the small dash , thats a beautiful looking unit something to aim for certainly

17-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah, if I hadn't just got a copy of a Pic Basic Compiler I'd be looking at it too. But I've got a number of Pic chips, LCD and Vaccum Plasma displays, sensors and A-D converters lying around so I'm playing with them over the xmas break.

I'm running a bicycle speedo, and they're just too fragile if you're doing a lot of miles, parking in public places etc.

HueyonaBlade
24-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Could you guys give me brief idea of a list of parts to do the front convert
Bars & Risers
Braided front lines (is it a style thing as the ones I checked out on line had a few different designs but im not sure if they will be what I need )Do they come with all the banjo bolts etc?
head light and bracket ( Having trouble finding something thats not costing the earth )and that has an appealing look to it
Extra long clutch cable
Have I missed anything?

HueyonaBlade
24-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I must have banged my head , thanks Chalky forgot that you had already done that
Cheers

Slingblade
24-12-2006, 10:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

head light and bracket ( Having trouble finding something thats not costing the earth )and that has an appealing look to it

A good quality headlight setup will be more expensive. You can buy heap of shit mx ones off ebay, but they are cheap plastic and you wont be able to see shit as they have crappy light setups. You get what you pay for.

HueyonaBlade
26-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Cheers I have been looking at the new KTM Super duke I will check one out in person when the shops open again or purhaps the FZ-1 Naked model thats the kind of style Im searching for

WATEVR
27-12-2006, 09:29 AM
heuy i went and looked at the supeerduke front myself but they are bloody hugeand slinga is right if you want to do night riding the dont use the mx plastic ones as they dont project much light.

HueyonaBlade
29-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Cheers Chris, I will definately need a head light for all occasions ,
Also to all can you guys , can you tell me, I may have stumbled on to a zx6r complete sub frame ,tail light, indicators but no plastics for $125.00 au is this A. a good deal ( have to work out shipping first)
B. If you can get a single rear cowl ( need the pillion option)
and C. if it in your opinions will look any good?
and can I expect a look of manufacturing to adapt it to my blade

Cheers

WATEVR
29-12-2006, 09:25 AM
huey what year is the zx6 tail in question if it is the 02 ish model just before the under seat exhaust models it would look good on anything as a matter of fact it would look good on my bike!!! and $125 is a great price but as you said work out the freightt because it could get rather exspensive.

ps. everything fits it only the price makes it to hard!!!

HueyonaBlade
29-12-2006, 11:24 AM
I have been told that its the same from the zx6r (98)G1 , G2 , J1 , J2 & the zx 636 A1 P so hopefully it will work from a limited amount of checking on the net the zx636 A1 P is an 03 model ( I think )and as for the looks Im still not sure

HueyonaBlade
18-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey Guys & Gals
I am slowly putting together my front end conversion pack an expensive Xmas has set me back Im sure you all know what thats like ,
any who I am have a horrid time trying to find a head light , I really want an 05'-06' FZ1 (naked) head light but they are rocking horse shit or $650 from a dealear thus brings me to the link I have posted I could easily have one of these aswell can anyone tell me if I could get some Halegons to fit in them with a high/low beam set up or any other styles that are of a similar look
Cheers :Dhttp://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/78105530915030.jpg

pesh
18-01-2007, 10:38 PM
hey huey have u been to bikes plus on keilor rd they have a powerbronze book with lots a different headlights in it

HueyonaBlade
19-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks Mark I will go there on my way home