PDA

View Full Version : Slingy-> R1 tail

Seifer
14-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, I'm in contact with someone who has a 05 R1 tail and subframe for my 88 GSXR. First of all whats a good price for this combo and secondly has anyone had any success with mounitng this frame or similar? as it is a different style to the other subfframes I've seen. Im sure it will be easy enough to mount but it looks as if it will stick out too much. Any ideas?

Gix11
14-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Stick out too much? You mean the new subframe is wider than the Gixer frame?

Seifer
18-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah I was thinking it would stretch out to far at the back but I measured it out and it should turn out ok.
Ive have 2 more queries,
First of all how easily would either a set of fireblade 954 or r1 forks fit at the front, would it beas simple as a head bearing swap.
And secondly Iwas thinking about compiling a list of all the other makers parts that will fit a slingshot with minimal mods. Would that be a good idea?

Gix11
19-12-2006, 03:28 PM
"set of fireblade 954 or r1 forks " - Do you mean the complete front end? Wheel and all? If it's the whole thing you'll probably have to adjust the stem. Check the diametre and see how much needs taking off or if you need to put your stem into the new bottom clamp.
Compile away mate!