PDA

View Full Version : Thermo Fan and Temp Sensor on ACEWELL

VFighteR
07-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Fellas

Has anyone had this issue???

Nowhere in the Acewell instructions does it describe the connection for the Thermo fan. Was out yesterday and the bike was overheating, over 110deg....

Now, I'm assuming that the Thermo Fan unit picks up signal form the sensor unit when it reaches a certain temp on the original part??

That being the case, Should I connect the "red +" wire from the Acewell Sensor to the existing Temp pick up wire?

Some advise would be appreciated =)

timbo
07-12-2009, 05:58 PM
I know on my zxr that the temp sender and the thermo fan switch are two separate things. Cant say how Honda dose there's but it may be the same. The temp sender on mine is in the thermostat housing and the switch is in the side of the radiator. To get the temp gauge to work your right,connect the red wire to the sender. Do you have a wiring diagram for your bike? if so this should help you to trace what's what. Hope this helps

80s freak
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
You're on the money Timbo. To seperate systems. Generally with hondas You should have power to your fan then to the thermo switch. Which will be on the radiator somewhere near the fan. From memory it is an earth type switch. You should be able to earth the single wire to the switch and with the ignition "on" the fan should spin. The most common problem is with the switch unit. If it doesn't spin the fan up check to make sure that you have battery voltage at the fan. if so then earth the other wire from the fan plug (not the power wire) and the fan should spin up. If it does then you have a wiring fault between the fan and switch. Help that helps.

VFighteR
08-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the tip fellas, but I still dont get it =(

My Thermo switch is on the Radiator, which is still connected. I only connected the Acewell Sensor in the engine where the original temp sensor was ( and disconnected wire that led to it - This is still disconnected)

I got in touch with Brendan at Acewell and he seems to think that if I set the temp on the Acewell Unit higher ( as it was warning me at 104C) the actual temp that the fan comes on from the radiator sensor will be higher.

I've set the Acewell Temp at 160C, I'll run the bike and see if the fan turns on...

keep ya's posted