PDA

View Full Version : Acewell Speed Config issues

VFighteR
07-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey Guys

Just a heads up for y'all

After many attempts trying to get the Speedo correctly calibrated on my fighter, I finally worked out how to do this.

I followed the instructions supplied and as, for a 17" tyre size, the Circumference for this, on the instruction, was 1395, which you had to enter into the unit...This caused the Speedo to be out by 30Km (slower)

I tried a few different circumferences, but with no luck and the instructions aren't that helpful, what, with all the formulas you have to work out...

Finally, I went Old School, marked a line on the ground, marked a line on the tyre and measured between the points, which gave me a reading of 1999mm

I compared to what the circumference table on the Acewell said and the closest was 1995mm - So I entered that and viola, success!

Sometimes, you just gotta go Old School

Gitzy
07-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Ahhh lovely this will be handy info when I extract a finger and configure my acewell..
Cheers.

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
07-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I strapped my GPS to the bars and dialed it in that way. Never much good at maths !

timbo
07-12-2009, 05:27 PM
17 inch wheel = 23 inch tyre outside diameter its a common mistake so dont feel to bad numb nuts