PDA

View Full Version : turbo/blower prices...

Funkenfresh
12-12-2006, 11:34 PM
can anyone post up some prices expected to pay for a blower or turbo
kit... for a NA engine, and injected bike.

Booster
13-12-2006, 06:55 AM
What bike?
Also depends what you want in the kit,external wastegates, Bov's, intercooler,ballbearing or bush turbo.
You could probably put togeather a kit from s/h or ebay parts for $2500 , importing a complete kit for a 1k or busa are ~$5500 + with some this can include warranty .

Funkenfresh
13-12-2006, 08:35 AM
for a cbr 954.. there was one in performance bike magazine 2 months ago, claimed 200 rwhp with a
standard engine. i would definently be ebaying for parts... only really need pipes bent and welded
for headers + intake, and a air box made up.

Booster
13-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I sent the owner of that bike a link to this thread, he may be able to help with specifics.
When building headers i buy mandrell bends , mild steel or stainless , flanges laser cut for stainless and for a cheaper job oxy cut mild steel , at least 10mm up to 13mm for flanges or they move too much when welding and in use.
Keep the turbo high and oil drainage will not be a problem.
Need good pump,fmu or rising rate reg, powercommander or better fuel modifier.(Powercommander now do a boost based mapping)

03gixxerpilot
13-12-2006, 12:30 PM
the bloke with the cbr 954 lives here in townsille, he is a mechanic by trade and did all the work him self, he has since had it on the dyno and retuned it with more boost and has now gotten 225hp at the rear wheel. I have ridden the bike and it is an abuolute animal ( in a good way ).

Tony Nitrous
13-12-2006, 04:07 PM
There are several kits for the Busa.

I was told one of the "better" kits would cost $6200 - $6400.
But that was everything, all quality kit,
all tried and tested, 240"ish" ponies on sensible boost
and a very usable bike.

There are several cheaper options.

Tony.J.