PDA

View Full Version : APRIL FOOLS RUN 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Gix11
11-12-2006, 07:54 PM
OK. I need to plant the seed to get your feedback and committal to this event so we can make definite bookings etc.

Here is an outline of the proposed event (as of today):

DESTINATION:
Dubbo, NSW

Duration:
Previous years have been a one night wonder, but as the Victorians pointed out, what is the point of them travelling 3 days there and 3 days back just for one night on the piss? (Even us guys up north will have a two day trip this time.) This year I planned to do a 2 day event based on people arriving on the Friday arvo/night and leaving on Monday morning.

Accommodation:
Last year we had around 55 people from memory but this year there will be more, many more! I have no idea what the final figure will be though so that's what we need to find out now - a rough figure anyway. Davo made a top effort last year to try and organise everything but as always with this kind of thing, as no deposit or up front payment was taken, when the actual day arrived a fair few dropped out which made it look shit to the hotels. So this year we are going to take accommodation payments up front, or at least a decent deposit. There will be 3 different options (we think) 1)Cheapest hotel drop your gear and find a space type accommodation. 2)Decent room to yourself or with a partner. 3)high quality away from the hustle and bustle type accommodation. We will try and make it a full package with breakfasts and everything but again, need the interest and proposed figures before hotels will let us start organising.

Entertainment:
We have a pencilled plan that goes something like:

FRIDAY NIGHT
Everybody settles in and get their rooms and bearings sorted. The night would be a general introduction for guys who haven't met before at a pub/hotel that is recommended and maybe no need for entertainment as such (it's Friday night for gods sake, there will be some life!) and anyway, you don't wanna get too pissed because on.....
SATURDAY
In the morning a local shop has offered to put us up for a show and shine of all the bikes for the locals and us to get chatting shit and checking it all out. There will be a sausage sizzle and an ASF stand as well as the owner will do deals on any tyres and stuff that may need replacing.
In the arvo we are going to do MINI STRAIGHTLINERS. Two Pocket bikes and a small drag strip will mean you ladies can battle it out for the supreme champion status.

http://www.zuma.com.au/images/F7Orangepurplewebpage160pix.jpg

Weights and everything will be taken into consideration and it's the first one over the line. Run with it under you arm for all I care, it's just the first one there. Winner gets to keep the pocket bike and other prices to be announced. This will be the real OZKAT versus TURBOKAT shootout.
In the evening, it's time for a meal and the annual ASF awards, followed by a band and beer, talking bikes and more beer, with a beer chaser perhaps.
SUNDAY
Devo has a good idea for a local pub ride out where we could do a recovery lunch and have a bit of a cruise around the area. Which takes us back to town in the evening for a bit of stand up comedian action.

For all you distant guys (WA and NT) there is an airport in Dubbo that should serve you right and we will get transport sorted to pick you up.

This should be the best AFR yet!

As I say, this is preliminary stuff and I have a few trump cards up my sleeve to make it even better but first of all I need your support and a show of hands to get approximate numbers - this includes all your mates that you will bring as well. I know of at least 10 people who are not even members here or have computers that are definitely coming so I'm sure you do also. Everybody pipe up that wants in and we can get this thing underway. Prices will be based on the amount we have coming, the more we get the cheaper it will be so hunt them down!

I will add the names under here that say yes to keep track of numbers so shout out to be added plus however many you think will come with you:

Number represents accommodation preference based on suggestions - please advise if different.

OZKAT - 1
DAVO - 1
MUNDY - 1
GIX11 - 1
SUPERCHARGER MARK - 1
LARGE - 1
REXIE - 1
ICEMAN - 1
GREG MULLIGAN - 1
ROBBIE WILLIAMS + 2 - 1
HUDDO - 1
MR.HYOSUNG - 1
KYE - 1
KEVKATANA - 1
TURBOKAT - 1
DEANO - 1
SHARKY - 1
EXBEN - 1
QIKDRAW - 1
KRASH - 2
LEARNERTIC - 1
TONY - 3
SASHA - 3
FRANKENBIKER / MRS.FRANKENBIKER - 2
SLINGBLADE + 1 - 2
FIMPBIKES - 1
GOD - 1
FOXY - 1
DAZZ + MICK + ROB - 1
BOHEMION - 1
CRUISECONTROL + FAMILY - 3
CHADAMS - 1
BOOSTER - 1
HOOLIGAN + 1 - 2
SPEEDDEMON - 1
CRAZYMOFO - 1
TONE -1
DANE RA - 1
SUXUKIFREAK x 2 (maybe) - 2
EVAD - 1
LATHEBOY (maybe) - 1

ozkat
11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Ofcourse im there.

crazymofo
11-12-2006, 08:04 PM
all sounds good to me si.

pencil me in. as for accomodation,, i have a swag lol... i'll sleep just about anywhere!, so im a fan of opition one. but am happy to do what the general group wants to do.

cheers.joe.

greg mulligan
11-12-2006, 08:19 PM
sounds good craic,will try and get some of the other irish lads gathered up for it . where;s it going to happen.

Large
11-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah I'm in...I was just about to pencil it into my 2007 calendar...but that could wreck a real collectors item[:p]

Iceman
11-12-2006, 08:41 PM
I should be right to make an appearance

Supercharger_Mark
11-12-2006, 08:44 PM
yer i'm in (No 1 Option)

TurboKat
11-12-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm in, as for accom. option 1 suits me best.
It might be worth considering where the event(s) will take place in Dubbo, I reckon the further we can get away from population the better (outskirts or even a small town nearby) coz' there's bound to be several sorts of anti-social behaviour & we don't want to attract the attention of the local Plod in case they're bored & looking for someone/something to bust.
Oh yeah, Ozkat may not be able to handle the power of a pocket bike, it'll have 3 or 4 times the HP of his Gixer. ;)

kevkatana
11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Pencil me in. (no 1 option sounds the goods) I'll be on annual leave then but the missus and I are having a bub at the end of April. Fingers crossed it don't come early.
(insert smart arse remark!!;))

Tony Nitrous
11-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Off to UK a few weeks later,
but will still try and make it.

Shortest route is only 870k's but will see if
anyone knows a more "interesting" ride down.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7522/sgpapi10zlnvtb116583789wd7.gif

EDIT: Yeah Si, add 2 more to ya list. Tony / Sasha

Gix11
11-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Yea, I'm headed over for June as well mate.

Tony Nitrous
11-12-2006, 10:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Yea, I'm headed over for June as well mate.

June 16th - July 7th

Jockney Rebel
11-12-2006, 11:08 PM
im in si
erm my boss has a share /owns a pub up there i think
ill ask if theres any chance of a disc but dont hold yer breath
so its me and 'er indoors so far[ ive already booked me hols]
by the way if theres a car going my other halfs never done long un so she may well wanna ride in the car some of the way [leaves me free for some twisty skullduggery] or....if some one wants to take my motor im up for that [its a mercedes girls]
oh by the way option 2

Slingblade
12-12-2006, 12:11 AM
i am in Si. +1.

fimpBIKES
12-12-2006, 06:46 AM
i'll be there with bells on,
and i'll sleep with pretty much anyone so take that into account when you sort out your accomodation [:X]

some of us newy types have been talking about possibly goin' down to meet the mexicans than head back up north with em
i might even follow you queenies but north after the event too :D

but fuckin count on me being there, and im gonna be randy as fuck and twice as anti-social!!!!

ps- u bringing that daughter of yours rex? ;)

12-12-2006, 07:25 AM
I dont have to confirm its automatic[8D]Hey fimp do you snorrrrrrrrrrr[?]

God
12-12-2006, 07:55 AM
I'm in. Poverty pack accommodation preferred.

Foxy
12-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Count me in, Im there ;)

dazz
12-12-2006, 07:56 AM
I'm in and 2 others,Mick and Rob

Gix11
12-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Just don't let me navigate as you are familiar with my knowledge of the roads outside the Gold Coast:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/59685129033780.gif

You'll be over there when I am then Tony. Doing the TT mate?

BOHEMION
12-12-2006, 12:51 PM
HAHAHAHA Love your travel plans gix.

Count me in as well!

Cruisecontrol
12-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Sounds great.

Put me down for the deluxe accommodation package as the family will be making up the Bandit Support Team and refuse to do it for free...:D

Large
12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/80580496921215.gif

Whichever way you go, you should do at least two laps of this road[8D]:)

fimpBIKES
12-12-2006, 04:09 PM
here here!!

chadams
12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
yes please..... I should have the motoplast done by then.... hehehe

Booster
12-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Whats the dates , 30,31,1,2 ??
Should be good to go .
Dubbo's not far up the road, just flat and boring on the shortest route, may have to go the long way ;)

EXBEN
12-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm in[:p]

hooligan
12-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm comin' this year too! It's my gf's birthday on the first,so i'll prolly need option 2.

Gix11
13-12-2006, 01:44 PM
To show her a good time hey mate? Nice work.
Booster, if you have an ASF Calendar check it. You'll see the exact dates filling the days.

Booster
13-12-2006, 02:19 PM
I better get a calender [:I]

Gix11
13-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Just email me if you really want one mate.

Iceman
13-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Greg we'll sort out a route to ride soon, going on previous experiences it won't be the straightest most direct route.

03gixxerpilot
13-12-2006, 09:08 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/101482103077274.jpg

[B)]03gixxerpilot caught practising for the 07 fools run mini drags[8D] by the sounds of it the bike needs to be tuned a bit better;)

speeddemon
14-12-2006, 06:03 PM
count me in simon - cant wait.

crazymofo
14-12-2006, 06:20 PM
im not on the list :( dont you want me there si?? *sooks in the corner*

cheers.joe.

Tony Nitrous
14-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Im on the list :D

Was a bit worried im down as a possible "option 2"
on the accomadation :(
Needs to be a 3 !!
Unless there's a 4 or a 5 ;)

Zed14
16-12-2006, 07:04 AM
im there. and there are a few more interesting ways to get there tony than straight down the highway

Tony Nitrous
16-12-2006, 08:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rexie

im there. and there are a few more interesting ways to get there tony than straight down the highway

Thanks, thought so ;)

Highway will be the go if I have to go down in one hit.
Twistys are the way if I can find time to have a 2 day "play".

Tone
16-12-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm in thanks Gix,option 1.

dane_ra
18-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I'm in, option 1

Jockney Rebel
18-12-2006, 11:56 PM
anyone going from the cent coast apart from me of course

dazz
19-12-2006, 07:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

Yeah, me and 2 mates at this stage. Could be more:D

qickdraw
19-12-2006, 09:12 AM
You know I'll be there, right???!!

Large
19-12-2006, 09:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by dazz

There's a good chance the Newey and Sydenee riders will link up for the ride too:)

Jockney Rebel
19-12-2006, 04:47 PM

ok dazz, me and the significant other so far where abouts on the coast r u

Jockney Rebel
19-12-2006, 04:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

good i wont feel like i smell then:( and nobody loves me:(:Dim coming down to see yer man at the paint shop with the orange bus after chrimbo so i may well threaten to pop in and partake of some of this fine countries legendary bevy

There's a good chance the Newey and Sydenee riders will link up for the ride too:)

Gix11
22-12-2006, 01:06 PM
So is that everyone? Including maybes? Where's the rest of you? You do realise how big the event is in the Streetfighter Calendar don't you? If you like 'Fighters and you live in Australia this is a must (even if it's just to see JUDGE in real life)!

sharky
22-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Weeeeeelllll I guess I could make it.........
'Course I fuggin am !!

suxukifreak
22-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Si put me down for 2 as maybe, will decide for sure in the next week. It's nothing personal mate. ;) :D

jakam04
22-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Will have to decide later on as thats my B'day and anniversary on the 31st March... (almost the fool my arse)....

Im also expecting a new bub shortly, so will depend on how things are going on if I can make it..

Im hoping to.

Jarrod

dazz
22-12-2006, 03:22 PM

Live at Kariong and work at Tuggerah (Woody's)

evad
22-12-2006, 05:26 PM
hey Si, count me in

Rocket
22-12-2006, 09:09 PM
hmmmmmm *runs off to check bike hire websites*

A two day ride you say Gix ?

You're in toowomba right ?

Jockney Rebel
22-12-2006, 09:24 PM

Live at Kariong and work at Tuggerah (Woody's)
right ive probably seen u then bin in there a few times ...im just down the hill from u[8D]

Gix11
23-12-2006, 10:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

hmmmmmm *runs off to check bike hire websites*

A two day ride you say Gix ?

You're in toowomba right ?

Nah, Gold Coast mate.

Rocket
23-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Okay, am sussing out bike hire from brisbane, Sydney looks too close.
I'll see if i can get a good deal on a nice Virago.

Gix11
24-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Of course. My first choice also. In fact fuck it, I'll leave mine here and hire one as well.

Rocket
24-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah, we could travel together and be bro's on Virago's

Virago bro's

But seriously, I've sent mail off to Bikescape in Syndey and Brissy. hopefully can get a nice Triumph 955 RS.
Failing that, an FJR1300 or VFR800, they pretty much get gayer after that.
I've seen fuck all of the east coast so would like to do a bit of a road trip.

Gix11
24-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Sounds god mate. Shame I don't have the 7/12 running (yet) or you could take that. Get your arse over for sure. There's some good roads down, you'll have a ball.

ozkat
24-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey Rocket, if you find any info/prices on bike hire let me know. Ill be roadbikeless for the AFR as well. Virago you reckon? You dont reckon the other members will point and laugh do you? ;)

Gix11
24-12-2006, 05:22 PM
As if any members would point and laugh at such an awesome machine!? Anyway, I just booked them, with me old mate Bok Choy and they're ready for you. Here they are:

http://www.jbukholt.dk/gfx/brugerupload/Virago%20x%202%20b.jpg

Happy gaying it up.

P.S. The screen is an extra $2 so I'm getting him to take it off.

ozkat
24-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Ask a simple question... get a stupid answer. [xx(]

Rocket
24-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Check it out Oz. Prices and everything are in there.
http://www.bikescape.com.au/rentals/rentals.htm

Gix11
24-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Yep, that's the pick of the bunch for sure: http://www.bikescape.com.au/rentals/sprint955st/sprint955st.htm

Gix11
24-12-2006, 05:48 PM
How about a 1200 Bandit: http://www.aussiebiker.com.au/html/bikes.html

Rocket
24-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah I thought about it but i've owned a B12 before so want to try something new.
Always liked triples.

EDIT ** FYI Bikescape is unlimited k's where as aussiebiker charge 0.25c/km.
Their rates are a little cheaper though.

latheboy
28-12-2006, 07:56 AM
I hope i havnt missed the boat .. im a maybe .. more than likely .. im flying out to nepal the week after ( going up a really big hill with my girly ) so i will be pushing it but fuck you only live 3 times .. if i make it ill be an option 1 .. tits

damo1
18-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Dubbo??????
WHo/What Or why Dubbo??????

fimpBIKES
18-01-2007, 05:54 PM
cos there is a zoo :D

Tone
18-01-2007, 07:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

Dubbo??????
WHo/What Or why Dubbo??????

C'mon Damo...gotta give the guys in WA a shot!

WATEVR
18-01-2007, 07:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

or atleast at the startof april anyway;)

Large
18-01-2007, 10:06 PM

That reminds me...

Dubbo Zoo has a 15 year old female Gorilla who was getting increasingly irrational...so they got the vets in.
Didn't take them long to diagnose extreme hornyness and frustration from a lack of monkey sex. So they put the call out for a male gorilla, but there were none available in Australia.
As time wore on, the situation got more desperate as the gorilla got more and more violent...so a decision was made to try and find a human male who somewhat resembled a Gorilla and see if they could mate.

Lo and behold a young man called Conrad visited Dubbo Zoo the very next day...and zoo staff soon realised that he had near perfect monkey proportions...so they called him over to the Gorilla cage and explained their predicament. Then they asked him if he was willing to have sex with the gorilla for $500

Naturally he was a bit shocked at the idea at first but the vets assured him the gorilla would be given a mild sedative to calm her...and help would be on hand if needed.

Conrad asked for a day to think about it...Next day he returned to the zoo and said he would give it a go...but with one condition.

The zoo staff asked what that was

Conrad said "I'm a bit short at the moment...can I give you $250 now and the rest when I get paid?"

[:p]:D

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 11:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

That reminds me...

Dubbo Zoo has a 15 year old female Gorilla who was getting increasingly irrational...so they got the vets in.
Didn't take them long to diagnose extreme hornyness and frustration from a lack of monkey sex. So they put the call out for a male gorilla, but there were none available in Australia.
As time wore on, the situation got more desperate as the gorilla got more and more violent...so a decision was made to try and find a human male who somewhat resembled a Gorilla and see if they could mate.

Lo and behold a young man called Conrad visited Dubbo Zoo the very next day...and zoo staff soon realised that he had near perfect monkey proportions...so they called him over to the Gorilla cage and explained their predicament. Then they asked him if he was willing to have sex with the gorilla for $500

Naturally he was a bit shocked at the idea at first but the vets assured him the gorilla would be given a mild sedative to calm her...and help would be on hand if needed.

Conrad asked for a day to think about it...Next day he returned to the zoo and said he would give it a go...but with one condition.

The zoo staff asked what that was

Conrad said "I'm a bit short at the moment...can I give you $250 now and the rest when I get paid?"

[:p]:D
nice one large nice one any idea how much the accom is gonna cost us yet?and what are u sydney types plans for the route i looked ata map today and it looks like the centre rout would be great for us as it goes thru all the little towns and looks pretty windy ..

damo1
19-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah fair call Tone but dubbo inst it full of inbread Abo's torch'n, break'n, Steel'n,and rap'n every in there path.
OH now i get it well fit right in there ah.
But really Dubbo?????????
Maybe we could break into the zoo of an evening and use the road as a closed ASF race curcuit for some night racing
while fimps off entertaining the "female gorillas"!!!!!!!
with his own version of the fimpster monkey dance.

damo1
19-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Ah Gix i need the details for the account to become a financial member of ASF again ive lost them
Are we up close to 666 yet id like it to be my number if ice can have his number i want mine.

Matt
19-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Ah i love how off topic everything gets on this forum:D:D

Iceman
19-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey Damo, I had to wait nearly two months. You should be right around march 2015. lol

Gix11
19-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Damo. I'll email you mate. Keep an eye out.
Dubbo: because it's central to the long travellers (you boys from Sydney should be cheering!), also Devo lives there so we have a man on the ground for organising things. As for cost of accomodation I am still waiting to hear from Devo so I'll let you know as soon as I do. I need to sort it soon as April will be here in no time.
Damo 666? I think Clint was on the ball with your wait period there mate.

BOHEMION
19-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Already got a weeks holiday booked for it[8D][}:)]

damo1
19-01-2007, 02:49 PM
March 015 cant we hurry it along abit boys im sure theres more than just 70something boys and girls
hanging around here to fill in some more numbers than what we got.
Seems like alot of people like lookn but when it comes to helpn out they all bail.

damo1
27-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Ah Gix whats the cut off for the ride this year i aint going to know for a while if i can make it.

Hows my number lookn any closer?????????:D;)

Gix11
28-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Hotels are negotiating now. Should have things on the move soon. It's going to be big. Even if you don't book you can still come at the last minute Damo, but you'll have to find your own hotel if you don't get into the first bookings. I'll announce it all as soon as I hear from Devo.

As for your number Damo, you're in for a long wait mate, we're up to 80 now...

fimpBIKES
28-01-2007, 10:00 PM
i'll share my bunk with ya mate [:X]

damo1
30-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Cheers fimp top and tail mate.

Gix11
30-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Devo. Any news mate, times a tickin' away (only 8 weeks now) and people are getting frisky.......
Email me if you want.

Fiend
01-02-2007, 04:40 PM
This should help to spell it out for the cops.....!!!

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/14179229749851.jpg

fimpBIKES
01-02-2007, 05:17 PM
hahaha!!!!!

thats gotta get an award :D

damo1
01-02-2007, 05:42 PM
BaaaaaHaaaaaaa you got that right they know where coming.

Any closer to my number Gix????

Im ready to pay up but want my number like the Iceman.

Gix11
01-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, since you last asked we have had one more. So that's 82. I'd take a chair if I was you.......

fimpBIKES
01-02-2007, 05:51 PM
hey,
i actually am in possession of a mobile number of a police officer who is stationed at dubbo ATM

dont know how it will help though...

Jockney Rebel
01-02-2007, 05:59 PM
i ll definately get nicked then....:} and my gaffer owns a pub or something there so ill get the tin tack as well ..wicked ..

damo1
02-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Any chance of getting my number?

or do they just come out of a ticket machine like at the deli at woolies.

ozkat
07-02-2007, 06:19 PM
And the first fuckin person that sets a fuckin fire alarm of at 4am FUCKIN LOOKOUT!!!;)

fimpBIKES
07-02-2007, 06:40 PM
thanks,
now i have a good reason to party on til 4am :D

BOHEMION
07-02-2007, 07:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fiend

Clear way down than Ozkat! see theres proof, U can lead[8D]:D

Jockney Rebel
07-02-2007, 07:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

quote:Originally posted by Fiend

Clear way down than Ozkat! see theres proof, U can lead[8D]:D
Bo u comin to this shindig if so i dare u to wear the kilt :D

Gix11
08-02-2007, 02:43 PM
He'll be running from Puppet all night if he does that.

Jockney Rebel
08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

He'll be running from Puppet all night if he does that.
lmfao:D

ozkat
08-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Dont laugh Jim, you havent seen Puppet with his gear off! [xx(];)

BOHEMION
08-02-2007, 11:25 PM
OOH A DARE!