PDA

View Full Version : choking/flooding gz250

watkins
30-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Picked up a gz250 for my missus on ebay a couple weeks ago but having a problem with it.
starts and idles fine, but when you open the throttle past like 20% the engine chokes or floods and tries to stall..
i've pulled the carby apart and washed most the bits of it out, i dont really know much so pretty much undid every screw washed it and put it back together but it didn't have any effect?? also changed the plug, put in fresh fuel, and cleaned the air filter

what's my next step?
gonna head to the wreckers and get some bits and pieces would it be anything obvious i should pick up?

MuZ
30-11-2009, 09:17 PM
i've been having the same thing happen on a postie bike i bought to get to work on while the R6 is out of action.

i pulled the carby apart, cleaned it, stuffed around with the mixture screw, done everything i could think of and nothing, i still cant snap the throttle open without the engine bogging down and trying to stall

watkins
01-12-2009, 07:41 AM
the wreckers wanted $255 for an ignition coil and the stem off a gear shifter!! WHAT THE FUCK?

BANDITROD
01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
i know this might be obvious but is your air cleaner good and clean

Pab13
02-12-2009, 08:37 AM
check the spark is strong otherwise it can't burn the extra fuel

watkins
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
yeah have cleaned/checked air filter and changed and checked the spark.
replacing all the seals and shit i could find the in the carby for now..

grindella
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
if its been sitting for a while put a carby cleaner in the fuel see how you go then, costs about $12.

damo1
07-12-2009, 04:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by MuZ

i've been having the same thing happen on a postie bike i bought to get to work on while the R6 is out of action.

i pulled the carby apart, cleaned it, stuffed around with the mixture screw, done everything i could think of and nothing, i still cant snap the throttle open without the engine bogging down and trying to stall

Mate thats totally normal behavour for a postie bike ;)

You cant just crack open the throttle because as you found out they jsut stop;)

MuZ
07-12-2009, 05:41 PM
yea belive it or not i got it running sweet, there was an airflow restrictor i thought was stupid so i hucked it, turns out you need it for the bike to work... but does mad wheelies now, especialy with 3 slabs of new on the back