PDA

View Full Version : Ducktail - to be or not to be?

VFighteR
27-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Hmmm - Bluddy Finkbikes!! got me thinking now that I need a new tail for my VFRSF

ok fella's what kind of advice can you give me to replace the OEM VFR Ducktail, but also, keep in mind I need to carry a pillion and need the twin seat!!

Idea's please....

=)

jakam04
27-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey mate,

Depending on your current ductail mounting points... Id consider a CBR600RR 2003 tail with an undertail exhaust being you already have the SSSA to allow the pipe to move around bike more freely.

As I stated in your post as well... if you go for a new tail.. your going to have to bling up the rear wheel. Go for something shiny instead of the plain VFR rear wheel.... I am happy to take it off your hands when you find a suitable wheel. Check out CBRRRT's thread and you can see how easy a car wheel adaptation can occur.

Jarrod

rod185651
27-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I agree with Jarrod, the CBR 600RR tail would look sweet. I think large had one for sale a few months ago.

fimpBIKES
27-11-2009, 12:49 PM
ditto

or.... GERMAN STYLE!!!!

WATEVR
27-11-2009, 12:58 PM
i would think for best and easiest swao that would allow a pillion seat do an entire subframe, instead of trying to modify the original. this way you will get pillion pegs etc all in the right ergo position etc.

i reckon an R1 tail for twin underseat exhaust or the good old MV tail and 4 of the the buggas!!