PDA

View Full Version : Lights / Indicators

WarHound
23-11-2009, 09:56 PM
I bought myself some LED rear indicators at AFR this year .. whacked them on the bike and they worked fine ... what a bargain at 10 dollars. They flashed a little fast but I assume that is because I have bulbs for front indicators. Recently I bought some 12 volt LEDs for the front but when I plug them in they dont work. I tested them with a 12 volt battery and they seem to work fine .. any suggestions as to why they dont work ?
Thanks
Mark

boris
24-11-2009, 06:58 AM
indicators will flash quick until you put resistors in the circuit as flasher cans work on load ie resistance which LEDs have jack shit of also is the polarity the right way around on the new leds as they are polarity sensitive meaning positive has to go to positive

jakam04
24-11-2009, 07:42 AM
I have some of the LED resisters sitting in my shed at Ipswich Mr Warhound... drop by and we might come to an arrangement :)

Slain
24-11-2009, 09:54 AM
just make sure you have an electronic relay. my suzuki motard did this, rears were fine. throw fronts on also and no good even with load resistors. went to supercheap and took my old relay in and got a newer style for 5 bucks and problem fixed.

Jockney Rebel
24-11-2009, 08:09 PM
yep buy the red flasher can from supercreep .. i think i had the same prob ..now fixed

boris
24-11-2009, 09:04 PM
yeah that too I forgot that little bit of info sorry u can buy flasher cans for half led half incandescant globes or full led but still need resistors see jarrod about resistors.

grindella
24-11-2009, 09:07 PM
all blinker speed problems can be cured with electronic flasher cans, they flash at same rate regardless of load, been using them for years, no need for load resistors