PDA

View Full Version : Carb guru's

Booster
08-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Help , chasing a flat spot .
Transition from trailing/closed throttle to winding it on, that first bit hesitates then goes , i think its rich but should i be lookin at needle position or idle settings(played with the idle 1/2 turn in and out from normal didn't help)
Srad 750 cv carbs with dj kit.
Thanks

alfiestorm
08-12-2006, 06:17 PM
I reckon you will be needing to adjust the needle position as i had the same problem on a mates zxr and that had a dj kit and moving the needle cured it

Booster
09-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Thanks Mate, i will move it round and see what effects it has.

sfoc711uk
09-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Hi mate ive come across a couple of srads where youve got to slip the clutch to get it above 2k but once you get it past that its ok. Try moving the slides up and down with your finger if they stick or feel rough then take the tops of your carbs and inspect the diagphrams it could be them.

One may have been trapped at some point or damaged when thay have been put in.How many miles are on the bike if its high milage they might want replacing.They are expensive over here so youve got to be pretty sure before changing them.

alfiestorm
09-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Hi dave thought you had dissapeared how's the visa application going ?
Mine is all done signed sealed and now just waiting for the buggers to drop onto my door mat any day now.

Sorry for hijacking your topic booster is the bike sorted out yet?

:D

sfoc711uk
10-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Ive got full points to get the visa i just need to get a holiday sorted to see where we wanna be i think probably melbourne area.Good luck to you mate with the big move.

Just starting another project so that will keep me busy for a couple of months,ill post some pics as soon as it starts to take shape.

How is the srad anyway any luck yet.

Booster
11-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Thanks guys , i moved the needle up 1 groove and no more flat spot but it doesn't power wheelie as easily so next will be a thin washer to put it midway .
:D