PDA

View Full Version : acewell guages

Jockney Rebel
20-11-2009, 06:47 PM
ok a little observation ive had while sorting my lack of instruments

Acewell units are ....well.. Ace... forgive the pun lol..but if you own a 05 or later Triumph [and some earlier models ] the bike wont run without the stock guages in place as such ive had to piggy back the Acewell into my bikes loom and hide the stock items under my tank ..
anyone else had issues with EFI bikes ? i hear some Ducatis are the same

grindella
20-11-2009, 07:13 PM
there has to be a way to sort it or at least cheat, fool the bike it has the right instruments.

grindella
20-11-2009, 07:15 PM
there has to be a way to sort it or at least cheat, fool the bike it has the right instruments. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for your bike?

Jockney Rebel
20-11-2009, 07:38 PM
i have a factory manual and a heap of info from others on sites all over the world about the guage problem on these bikes there was a so called "fix" using 100ohm resistor ..but it dosent work
im not that good with electronics unfortunately but i think the unit talks to the EMS and if the unit isnt responding or has a fault it registers the fault and dumps the bike into limp home mode [90% power] ..i need a FI legend to look at it and maybe come up with a solution

grindella
20-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Sounds like a chalange, does the factory manual have a wiring diagram?

fimpBIKES
20-11-2009, 11:52 PM
try measuring resistance across whatever pins have anything to do with the ECU
TL's wont do anything unless a very particular part of the circuit has a certain resistance

yours would have to be something along those lines

sharky
21-11-2009, 06:26 AM
quote:and dumps the bike into limp home mode [90% power]
Just Triumphs way of trying to save ya licence mate ;)

21-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Thought they drowned all the Lucas 'Prince of Darkness' problems when they added water cooling.

Jockney Rebel
21-11-2009, 01:40 PM
...erm yeah mick they did its jap electronics these days ...id ve personally drowned old Joe myself had a lot to do with his deisel pumps early on in my career..mind you thst boat anchor of an engine ford used namely The YORK was partly to blame

grindella
22-11-2009, 09:48 AM
You have my curiosity and I still want to know what is so important to the EMS in the dash.

grindella
24-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Ive been looking at a T595/T509 wiring diagramand the tacho is operated from the EMS. The so called "fix" using 100ohm resistor would have little efect but using an inductor with 100 ohmn impeadence, hocked up to green/red and red, may very well act as a pseudo tacho. Hence a "cure" to the problem, that is if your bike has the same wiring configeration.

pt
24-11-2009, 04:28 PM
i think ducatis may have an issue as they run that weird CAN-BUS system or whatever its called?

Jockney Rebel
24-11-2009, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by grindella

Ive been looking at a T595/T509 wiring diagramand the tacho is operated from the EMS. The so called "fix" using 100ohm resistor would have little efect but using an inductor with 100 ohmn impeadence, hocked up to green/red and red, may very well act as a pseudo tacho. Hence a "cure" to the problem, that is if your bike has the same wiring configeration.
come round steve and ill pick yer brains..ive got a factory manual ..and the loom out of the dash into the ems does indeed have a gr/red wire[to the ems relay] and a red wire [direct into the ems]

Jockney Rebel
24-11-2009, 07:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

quote:and dumps the bike into limp home mode [90% power]
Just Triumphs way of trying to save ya licence mate ;)
touche russ ..lol

grindella
24-11-2009, 09:03 PM
ill do that Jim as soon as mine is regoed, up to green slip then rego, but still waiting on petrol tap rubber, hopefully before the weekend.

Jockney Rebel
24-11-2009, 09:26 PM
k mate ..ill have the java on tap