PDA

View Full Version : Warning for all commuters

_M_
18-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Just a warning to all people that commute on possible defective or modified bikes, the police are doing peak hour defect busts around the major arterial roads into Brisbane, Wynnum rd today, got me completely defected and off the road for good ($500 fine and 3 points), I was told that there would be more road side defect busts on other arterial roads in the next couple of weeks.

Tony Nitrous
18-11-2009, 10:35 PM
They are getting pretty tight on after market stuff around here too.

Pipes, rear guards, rego holders, non-folding rearsets seem to be favorites.

Tony OW31
18-11-2009, 10:54 PM
What a bunch of absolute cunts, they where on the centenery a couple of weeks ago, pulled over every bike and caused everyone on that commute (including car drivers) to be at least 30mins late . Why is it not discrimination?
Zero respect 100% contempt.

MONO
19-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Morgan & Wacker are selling new k1300r's with non-folding rearsets standard ! asked them they said it was fine ?

MONO
19-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Stewart what did they pick you for exactly ?

Ross_247
19-11-2009, 10:09 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Tony Nitrous
non-folding rearsets

Fuk that it just getting real pathetic ay.. bloody hell

robmac
19-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Can someone give me a reference for this non folding peg shit? I've searched ADR's and can't find anything. Whats next, folding fucking handlebars.......

robmac
19-11-2009, 02:39 PM
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/FB37C3876B8061E9CA2571B1000B22F2/$file/ADR+57-00+[FINAL+FRLI].pdf

And it states:

57.2.6 Footrests

Every vehicle must be fitted with foot rests for the driver and also for the
passenger if a seating position for passenger is provided.

This is the fucking law that we are governed by. Who has been defected for non folding pegs? What did they book you for?? Is this an urban myth?

According to QLD transport solid pegs are legal :D

_M_
19-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Got me for: non-standard exhaust, non-standard seat, no fairings, illegal indicators, modified number plate, illegal brake system, non-standard electrics, non-standard air intake, no fender, no numberplate light, no right mirror, mirror in non standard position, accessible electrics, etc. etc.

.............Oh well new bike time

robmac
19-11-2009, 08:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by _M_

Got me for: non-standard exhaust, non-standard seat, no fairings, illegal indicators, modified number plate, illegal brake system, non-standard electrics, non-standard air intake, no fender, no numberplate light, no right mirror, mirror in non standard position, accessible electrics, etc. etc.

Mate it sucks ass big time that you have been smashed with all this but surely some of it can be fought? How can you be done for a non standard seat or no fairings? What law are you breaking? Same for the non standard electrics, as long as it all works? Non standard exhaust....did they sound test you by the side of the road?

Fucking assholes [B)]

Tony Nitrous
19-11-2009, 09:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by robmac

According to QLD transport solid pegs are legal :D

They may well be.
Was on a group ride over Mt G.

Same guy had a ticket for a Yoshi can that was on a brand new bike
supplied by the shop. He was taking that one to court too.

Ask TonyOW31 about having a short rear guard and the cops going into
Starsky and Hutch mode to pull him over....:D

robmac
19-11-2009, 09:48 PM
They don't help themselves do they.

_M_
19-11-2009, 10:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by robmac

quote:Originally posted by _M_

Mate it sucks ass big time that you have been smashed with all this but surely some of it can be fought? How can you be done for a non standard seat or no fairings? What law are you breaking? Same for the non standard electrics, as long as it all works? Non standard exhaust....did they sound test you by the side of the road?

Fucking assholes [B)]

I was absolutely like WTF when they said some of that shite, and there wasn't even a noise test for the exhaust, but I don't have the time nor the will to fight it. She'll just have to be turned into a track bike or be sold unregistered :( .

Issues
20-11-2009, 06:08 PM
What make your defects uniclearable? all sounds like bolt ons. I have been defected a couple times in my $WD and had them cleared, I was under the impression unless it has been altered structurally and unable to be approoved then it was able to be cleared.

fimpBIKES
20-11-2009, 06:58 PM
illegal brakes WTF?

there are no emission standards for motorcycles so how can they ping you for a non-standard air intake!

and whats with accesible electrics!

Jup
20-11-2009, 07:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

illegal brakes WTF?

Some braided lines aren't roadworthy, from memory if the connections are 2-part they're fine but if they're 3-part they're not. I had this issue when trying to get my XS11 passed.

_M_
22-11-2009, 01:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Issues

What make your defects uniclearable? all sounds like bolt ons. I have been defected a couple times in my $WD and had them cleared, I was under the impression unless it has been altered structurally and unable to be approoved then it was able to be cleared.

Its just not worth my time to spend about 1g on a bike thats only worth 3gs at best, so it will now be my track bike and ill put the 1g that i would of spent getting it roadworthy and spending it on go fast bits, as I've always wanted a track bike.

_M_
22-11-2009, 01:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

illegal brakes WTF?

there are no emission standards for motorcycles so how can they ping you for a non-standard air intake!

and whats with accesible electrics!

Honestly I think they were fishing for most of the thing they said, They didn't like the way i routed my electrics from the dash / brakes / ignition through the bike.

alfiestorm
23-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Looks like the bike laws in oz have finally gone fuckin spastic, like the traffic cops enforcing something they dont have a clue about. Traffic cops = wankers the world over

turbowarrior
24-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Welcome to my world! We get harrased all the time, so much so that they've got a whole squad for us called Hydra. Cunts have got more photos of me than my own Mother. NO JOKE. Check out this site

http://www.umcinc.com.au/

GammaBoy
29-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Speaking of cops in SEQLD - rode over nebo about lunch time today and there was a guy standing on top of a embankment with a camera - took a pic of me as I went through (looked back and i think he only took a pic from front on) had a yellow DR400 parked up off the side - anyone else suspect maybe a cop? body language didn't suggest he was taking photos for fun...

Issues
29-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Should have gone back n smashed his camera, he would soon tell you.

01-12-2009, 10:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by GammaBoy

Speaking of cops in SEQLD - rode over nebo about lunch time today and there was a guy standing on top of a embankment with a camera - took a pic of me as I went through (looked back and i think he only took a pic from front on) had a yellow DR400 parked up off the side - anyone else suspect maybe a cop? body language didn't suggest he was taking photos for fun...

Hey, I'm a Sydney-sider rode over Mount Glorious for the first time on the weekend and I stopped at the Cafe on the top for lunch. On the wall of the Cafe there was a bunch of photos with a web site written under them. From what I could make out people buy photos of themselves, kinda like trackday photos I guess. And I heard a waitress talking to a bike rider about the guy who takes them, I think he's a local rider.
I can't remember the web site but I did take a business card from the counter. If I can find it i'll post the site here.

01-12-2009, 10:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by 1050

quote:Originally posted by GammaBoy

Hey, I'm a Sydney-sider rode over Mount Glorious for the first time on the weekend and I stopped at the Cafe on the top for lunch. On the wall of the Cafe there was a bunch of photos with a web site written under them. From what I could make out people buy photos of themselves, kinda like trackday photos I guess. And I heard a waitress talking to a bike rider about the guy who takes them, I think he's a local rider.
I can't remember the web site but I did take a business card from the counter. If I can find it i'll post the site here.

Found the card, www.iconphotos.ifp3.com

GammaBoy
02-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Hah. That was him. I'm the last pic on the page - he wasn't in a good spot for action photos - was still the 50 zone out of Nebo village.
http://www.iconphotos.ifp3.com/#/gallery/sunday-29-11-2009/20091129-icon-248/

336LJ
19-02-2010, 08:10 PM
this is like.. the 10th time I have read this thread, and the post on what they "got" you for and not one of those things they mentioned even sounds remotely like any valid legislation or law.
ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT - fuckin cunts can fuck off. *Cartman voice* AAHDOOWATTAAWAAAAANT

aaronjthompson
12-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi guys - I am new to Brisbane and to aussie streetfighters, having moved over from Perth. I am a Scot and being British I have streetfighters in my blood and was thinking of getting a Bandit 1250 and doing something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120541491819&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

to it, but by the sounds of it Queensland is a totalitarian state and I should think twice about getting a bike - particularly if non-stock - over here, or am I being too pessimistic?

aaronjthompson
12-03-2010, 10:37 PM
And another thing... how do I get rid of the:

"pizza delivery, boy/girl" shit that I never asked for after my name??

robmac
13-03-2010, 07:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by aaronjthompson

And another thing... how do I get rid of the:

"pizza delivery, boy/girl" shit that I never asked for after my name??

Get some time up ;)

robmac
13-03-2010, 07:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by aaronjthompson

Hi guys - I am new to Brisbane and to aussie streetfighters, having moved over from Perth. I am a Scot and being British I have streetfighters in my blood and was thinking of getting a Bandit 1250 and doing something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120541491819&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

to it, but by the sounds of it Queensland is a totalitarian state and I should think twice about getting a bike - particularly if non-stock - over here, or am I being too pessimistic?

The Bandit you have linked to is basically legal mate so you shouldn't have any issues. Like the cops anywhere, if ur being a dick it attracts attention but keep it under the radar then you should be fine. Although if you get one in a bad mood then there's really nothing you can do [V]

Tony Nitrous
13-03-2010, 01:12 PM
That Bandit would get you tickets for pipe and rear guard in Qld.
( I've gotten away with it so far, so have many other )
2nd ticket for the same offence's you lose the number plate and rego
and the bike needs a safety cert and new plate and rego / road tax.
3rd time with the same offence you lose the bike.

Local lad went to court last week,
lost a $16,000 bike that he still owes $12,000 on.
There were 5 or 6 others that lost bikes on the same day.
He'd had 2 warnings so its easy to say its his own fault
but he still lost a new bike for having a short rear guard.

You take a gamble, mostly you end up OK.
I have a couple of illegal bikes, but cant afford to lose them,
any tickets and they might have to go back to long guards/quiet pipes.