PDA

View Full Version : Flatslide advice wanted

Gixxer_rat85
16-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has successfully rebuilt Mikuni flatslides after the slides have flogged out? my 85 gix carbs have seen better days ( I think???). At idle I`m getting a clicking noise from the carbs, and I`m guessing its worn slides slapping around. A: is this a fair diagnosis? B: Can they be repaired, or bin job?
Cheers

80s freak
16-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Yarp. worn slides, you used to be able to buy the slides and the slide runnuers genuine don't know if you still can. you might be able to get them from Mikuni still.

grindella
16-11-2009, 08:56 PM
mine do the same, have some wear but with a balance they settle down. Not sure nowdays where to get parts, if you find a source of new parts let me know.

16-11-2009, 09:26 PM
As long as they slide up and down, don't worry about the rattle. Mikuni flatslides have a habit of rattling at idle.
Make sure you're using a return cable as well as the pull cable.

Grindella, What parts are you after? TD Hatrick in Townsville is the Australian Mikuni importer. There's another mob who pretend to be the importers but Hatrick is the factory authorised bloke. Huge variety of stock and very reasonable prices.

oldskool
16-11-2009, 09:54 PM
You can still get the parts from Suzuki.

grindella
17-11-2009, 06:35 AM
not sure what I am after yet, 750 slabbie is next project, just like to know in advance where I can get parts.

Gixxer_rat85
17-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks all. I`ll let you know how i get on at Suzuki for the bits....reckon i`ll prolly get bent over on price though. Cheers