PDA

View Full Version : Cable inners

holyman_999
11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Any of you guys know where i can get a cable (accelerator) inner made up? My dude has vanished (on a side note, anyone know what happened to penrith bike wreckers???)

ps. somewhere out west (sydney) preferred...

cheers...

Duane.:D

11-11-2009, 10:03 PM
The people who were operating Penrith bike wreckers closed the doors allegedly owing a LOT of money to the former owner.

Duane, try Jamie at S&R Pro for the throttle cable, he should be able to put you in touch with someone.

Or you could use the inner out of a bicycle brake cable and a bit of creativity.

Failing that, Metro's have boxes of assorted new cables upstairs. Ask for Herbie. Take a sample with you and have fun.

holyman_999
11-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Dude, thanks heaps... I was thinking of going down the "home-made/captain shonky" road...

I'll keep S&R and Metro's as backup plans, when it all turns to shit;)

I'm kinda glad the fuckers closed down at penrith now... since my original message, I've taken a gander at my carbs, and the screws were original (and stuck to the point i needed the impact driver) I paid those pricks good money to service my carbs (as part of a large overhaul- valve adjustments etc.) the bike ran better when i got it back, so i accepted the story that he did ALL the work he said he did...

guess not... :(

anyways, thanks again...

shiny side up!

grindella
12-11-2009, 08:21 PM
buy a universal throttle cable and make your own.