PDA

View Full Version : Legal Question

ShedBoy
11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I run into the back of a vehicle which I will not deny and no boubt I will get a bill as I had no insurance at the time, that I can handle. I recieved an email from the owner of the car requesting I replace his guitar which was in his boot and got smashed because his insurance company won't. It is only worth $100 but I am big on principals and I will be paying top dollar for his car. What I want to know is there any legal way I can be made to pay for this?

watkins
11-11-2009, 12:14 PM
if his guitar INSIDE the car is fucked? then how FUCKED is your bike and his car?

ShedBoy
11-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I was in a car at the time, courier ute mainly cosmetic damage to my car but shorten his mazda 626 by 300mm. Hit him at about 55 and he had made a late decision to turn into a petrol station where the bronze just happened to be filling up with fuel so at least we didn't have to wait for them to arrive. I really do not want to pay for his guitar.

Hillsy
11-11-2009, 01:46 PM
So, is he getting his car fixed through his insurance company? If so, they will send you the bill for the repairs no doubt. If they've said they won't cover the guitar, then they won't bill you for it - and you don't have to pay him.

ShedBoy
11-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Can he take me to court to get the money or is this just a request?

Large
11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by ShedBoy

Can he take me to court to get the money or is this just a request?

It's unlikely anyone would take you to court for 100$.

Tell him it's between him and his insurers. You've paid up or paid your excess so you've met your obligations. meh he's prolly into cuntry and western

ShedBoy
11-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Fucking emo actually. Should just send him a blade.