PDA

View Full Version : Alfiestorm's Tuned GSXR1216

alfiestorm
05-12-2006, 06:59 PM
OOPS posting it again as i deleted it when editing a slight case of ComputerUserNonTechnical

Correct it is not fightered and never will be. It is far from standard having quite a highly tuned motor and upgraded running.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/625810439101886.jpg
1216 wiesco, camotion high lift cams on slotted sprockets dialed in, orient express valve springs, Gas flowed head,APE heavy duty studs and nuts, APE billet camchain tensioner, 38mm mikuni rs smoothbore carbs with k&n filters, pingel dual flow tap, dyna 2000 ignition, dyna coils,taylor leads, quick action throttle grip, barnett kevlar clutch plates, barnet diaphram springs with 1 standard spring. braided clutch line, cobra speed pro ss exhaust, Hel oil cooler and braided lines,braided front brake lines, tokico six pot calipers, ABE contoured discs front and rear,racetech progresive fork springs,sprint steering damper,nitron rear street and track shock. Dont think there is much else apart from 168bhp at the back wheel with more power to follow. :D
I have a set of dog bones 20mm rise to fit cant put them on yet co's it wont fit in the crate for shipping to Auss if I do

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/625810439137176.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/11291891260367.JPG

:D

I am going to be building a fighter of my own will definatley be gixxer based/powered and will be built when i arrive in Auss and have got settled. Oh and the bike above is coming with me.
:D

05-12-2006, 09:29 PM
BLOODY SHIRAZ

Jockney Rebel
05-12-2006, 10:12 PM
its a bloody nice motorbicycle alfred,oh by the way ta for the links for the shox mate great help found out ikon is an aussie co that now owns koni[clever use of the old anagram ting der]

alfiestorm
05-12-2006, 11:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

BLOODY SHIRAZ

eh?

Gix11
06-12-2006, 08:02 AM
I think he means lay off the red wine before editing your posts mate.

alfiestorm
06-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Posh way of saying pissed:D

Gix11
06-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Davo, posh? I think he's just being his piss taking best again mate.

Davo's never pissed and extremely posh:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/Coffs/hey........jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/Coffs/Davo_sleep.jpg

alfiestorm
06-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Ah ha looks like i have competition for the beer monster crown

crazymofo
06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
oh yeah.. that ya do davo is a machine when it comes to beer lol

i'll play if bourbon is involved :P

cheers.joe.

PS. oh yeah! nice gixxer mate, def keep the fairings on it, looks great even if it is red [:p]

look foward to seeing the fighter too.

jakam04
24-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Is it me, or does the pictures on each side of Alfies bike look like one side of the swing arm is polished and the other is not??

Jarrod

alfiestorm
24-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Both sides are polished. The photo makes it look the normal grey anodised colour.

The bike is all cleaned and rapped up ready to be taken away :( and crated ready for shipping to Aus :D

Alf

speeddemon
20-02-2007, 05:40 PM
alfie

NICE bike - I would'nt chop it as well

What main & pilot jets r you running in the carbs mate????

alfiestorm
20-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I cant remember what size jets are fitted. I would have to take them off to find out.
I have to get all the petrol out of the bike ready for when it is crated which I am doing this weekend so I will check then and let you know.

speeddemon
21-02-2007, 05:30 PM
appreciate it

alfiestorm
26-02-2007, 07:00 AM
It took a lot longer sorting the garage out. Didn't get chance to sort my bike out but i will be doing it during the week some time.

shift1313
26-02-2007, 10:31 AM
that is a beautiful bike you have there. its ashame you cant just get up some speed and ride it across the water. put lots of blankies in there with it:)

alfiestorm
26-02-2007, 04:45 PM
The crate is being custom made by the removal company with plenty of padding and support. I made sure of that :)

alfiestorm
08-03-2007, 06:46 AM
while I have a few moments here are the settings on my carbs.
Main jets are 140's
pilots are 17.5's
float heights are 16.5mm from gasket surface to top of float when carbs are upside down
Fuel mixture screws are 3.5 turns out from fully in.

Remember that these settings are for my engine in it's current state of tune and exhaust system but should give you a good starting point or be ok straight away

alfiestorm
06-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Its coming home coming home my bike it's coming home. Oh happy days are here again :D:D[8D][8D][:p]:)[:o)][^]

Its about fuggin time too

jakam04
07-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Good for you stu... I know what its like to hve to wait for your pride and joy to be ready/come home. Apart from story bridge show. I havent ridden mongrel for 3-4 months.

Have a blast through those northern hills for me

Jarrod

zx12argh
07-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I love this bike - cleanest slabbie i've seen :D

Knuckles NZ
07-08-2007, 12:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Main jets are 140's
pilots are 17.5's
float heights are 16.5mm from gasket surface to top of float when carbs are upside down

Remember that these settings are for my engine in it's current state of tune and exhaust system but should give you a good starting point or be ok straight away
Do you have any grief with tuning using Pods mate? I had the same motor in an L frame but ran the standard airbox. It was a real high comp motor so had to run a 98-Avgas mix?

alfiestorm
07-08-2007, 01:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

slabbie indeed pfffft slingshot dear boy slingshot :D

alfiestorm
07-08-2007, 01:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Knuckles NZ

Main jets are 140's
pilots are 17.5's

Do you have any grief with tuning using Pods mate? I had the same motor in an L frame but ran the standard airbox. It was a real high comp motor so had to run a 98-Avgas mix?

The carbs are 38mm mikuni rs flat slides not the factory fitted ones and no probs setting up the pod filters with the above settings the big bore kit is a wiesco 1216 high comp set up running on standard unleaded with no ill effects at all :)

Gix11
07-08-2007, 01:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

You did mean to say Slingshot didn't you mate?

Knuckles NZ
07-08-2007, 02:09 PM

quote:Originally posted by Knuckles NZ

Main jets are 140's
pilots are 17.5's

The carbs are 38mm mikuni rs flat slides not the factory fitted ones and no probs setting up the pod filters with the above settings the big bore kit is a wiesco 1216 high comp set up running on standard unleaded with no ill effects at all :)
Mine were factory 36s but I had probs when running a standard octane rated fuel but it use to rip your arms off on Avgas Lol

alfiestorm
07-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I think the factory flat slides were a bitch to set up as you generally would need to fit an air corrector kit to them dont know if they are still available but they were made by a company called LED AIR or L.E.D AIR in the US OF A and were available world wide.

The rs flat slide series of mikuni carbs already took all this into consideration and also come with a selection of jets plus they have an accelerator pump fitted as standard and of course a wallet destroying price tag. I got mine when I lived in the uk and they cost 562 british pounds or at todays exchange rate au$1326.32c

alfiestorm
08-08-2007, 10:53 AM
:):)Yeeeeeeeeeefugginhaaaaarrrr I got my bike back a few moments ago :):):):):):):)

alfiestorm
09-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Tonight I put the carbs and pods back on swiped the battery from my other bike put some motion lotion in the tank.
Primed the carbs pulled the choke on switched the ignition on hit the starter button and the sweet sound of the motor kicking into life and barking through the cobra pipe sweet sweet sweet :):)

Just got to get the road worthy done register it and insure it then out for a well overdue blast :D:D

Iceman
10-08-2007, 12:27 AM
I bet your itch'n to take it out too!

sharky
10-08-2007, 06:10 AM
Er Stu...Don't you need to get a compliance test & plate ??
I had to take the wifes cbr to an engineer and get a test done...basically checking its all there and legal...If yours would pass a strict uk mot it will pass no probs.
Or is it different where you are ?

alfiestorm
10-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah itch'n like crazy to get out on it ice.

I think it is the same for an imported bike just got to take it to a place everyone here in SA calls regency to have it tested to see if it complies with the aussie standards might have a bit of a prob with the exhaust beaing a race system but there ways to make it quite for the test it is not very loud anyway until it is wound up. Once I get that it can then be registered get the plate made and some rego on it oh and some extra insurance and away I jolly well go :D