PDA

View Full Version : swing arm query

Jockney Rebel
05-12-2006, 06:46 PM
stoopid q time
the box section swing arm im fitting to my 70's dinobike is 30 odd mm longer than the standard one ie distance from swing arm spindle to wheel spindle
is this gonna screw the handleing?

crazymofo
05-12-2006, 08:44 PM
yep shall slow the rate of which you can change direction. cheap fix is to raise the rear an inch if your legs can spare the height, if not, drop the forks 10mm through the tripples. it should go some way to sorting the bike a bit.

cheers.joe.

Jockney Rebel
05-12-2006, 09:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

yep shall slow the rate of which you can change direction. cheap fix is to raise the rear an inch if your legs can spare the height, if not, drop the forks 10mm through the tripples. it should go some way to sorting the bike a bit.

cheers.joe.
ta joe
as it stands the forks look like theyll sit way too low[ like 40mm or so] but ive seen a cb900 done before the guy made a stepped top yolk out of billet and as i have access to a machine shop i thot this might be the way to go
anyway i can raise the back end up as im no shortarse so thats no hassle
the old girl is pretty sloww turner 19"up front 18"rear
and the wheels im using are 17" front and rear plus gsx 600 forks and swing arm to improve the hondas handling and reduce its weight a bit.thanx for the advice m8 that could save me a lot of hassle

EXBEN
06-12-2006, 01:44 PM
30mm ....You won't notice Fuck all difference unless your name is Valentino Rossi.

Jockney Rebel
06-12-2006, 03:56 PM
my names not even rossi the ice cream bloke