PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Bidder1 ??

Foxy
05-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Is anyone from this forum going by the name of Bidder1 on ebay??

Cause I've noticed they keep bidding on a lot of stuff i have my eye on.

Docktor
05-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Ya droppie Foxy.... LOL. Ebay is changin shit around so ya dont know who bids on stuff. If u were to bid on the item ur name would come up as bidder2. Make sense?

Doc

Foxy
05-12-2006, 01:55 PM
ah, yep, it's all new to me

alfiestorm
05-12-2006, 06:20 PM
The fat cats at ebay realised they were losing out on final sale price charges etc because other users would contact the bidder(s) and offer them the same things but cheaper I know as i used to do it and saved a tidy sum in sale charges.
As if the cunts a egay who own nopal realy need the money in the uk the average cost of using ebay and paypal to accept payment will cost you upto 20% of your sale price. I think they should go bust and never return I fuckin hate them.
I have noticed ebid creeping up in popularity just latley still not as much stuff as whats on cunting egay but a fuck site cheaper to use.

chopaweeza
05-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Actually it was due to a rash of fake "Second Chance" offers. The scam was that all the underbidders would be offered the same item through with links back to a cloned ebay site. They would use the cloned ebay site in 2 ways, the first was to get you to access your account thus giving them your user ID and password , the second is the obvious payment for auction item. If they have your ID & password they do all those fake cheap bikes & other stuff we see all the time as well as other bad shit. The new scam works only if you use a hotmail account for your ebay. They Phish hotmail accounts until they get one(I'm not sure how/why hotmail) , copy a resent auction win and send out 100's of winning notifications/item disputes to random email accounts(not just ebay users either) and as they have the sellers details they claim that the legit buyer has hacked their ebay account and they want the ammount refunded into the "correct" account(ie. a false one). The person that bought my GSX600F motor has had that happen to them and today I've received over 300 mails so far from people over it. There is nothing ebay can do about it apparently and the buyer is stuffed as her system has been hacked including my bank details too. Sucks bigtime.

Wayne

alfiestorm
05-12-2006, 11:03 PM
and that aswell