PDA

View Full Version : GSX1100EF/e price

Slingblade
04-12-2006, 03:39 PM
one for the suzuki old school boys.

What would be a fair price for a gsx1100ef rolling chassis(no tank,engine)?

Found one at a wreckers, and they want $450 for it which sounds bloody dear to me. He made the mistake of telling me he was scrapping it soon as it has been there two years. I am thinking of offering him 150-200 and telling him to scrap it if he doesnt take it and get stuff all.

PS the frame is dead straight and not off a crash. At least as straight as an early 80's frame can be.

Any help would be great.

ozkat
04-12-2006, 03:51 PM
If the only stuff missing is the tank and the motor, its an absolute bargin for $450. Is it a EF or EFE tho?

Slingblade
04-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I am pretty sure its an efe but it was buried in bits and i couldnt get a good look at it. He is dragging it out tomorrow and i am going back to look. It had the big assed taillight and the side plastics looked like the efe.

Basically saw the efe's the poms have done up and thought it is the biggest bruiser of a bike i have seen!. The missus has poo poo'd a newer bike but i figure if i can get a rolling chassis i can upgrade it over time. I am thinking, braced frame, busa front end, gsxr11 swinger,rim and motor.

The blade is done for now and i am already bored shitless. I am still getting up on the model info of the old suzooks as i grew up on a diet of 90's bikes, so i need some help.

cheers

suxukifreak
04-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Here is a fine example of a EFE i did about 12 yrs ago :D
Ahh... the good old days. [:p]

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41687221972096.jpg

ozkat
04-12-2006, 04:25 PM
one like this would look shithot slinga

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/416872071214814.jpg

Slingblade
04-12-2006, 04:34 PM
haha. Bit long for me.

I am trying to do some net research on old skool suzuki. They have the diagrams and measurements of mounts for putting the gsxr11 motor into the gsx frame. Bloody good site.

Any info on this model or links would be much appreciated.

ozkat
04-12-2006, 05:17 PM
here is another one :D

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41687207176550.jpg

Gix11
04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Wow. What is that back wheel on the first red drag bike. I WANT!

Large
04-12-2006, 05:21 PM
GSXR 1000/1300 moteur with full GSXR K3/4 running gear is a good place to start

ozkat
04-12-2006, 05:24 PM
And here is on im doing now

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41687207171046.jpg

ozkat
04-12-2006, 05:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

That would be a PM wheel with bead locks

chopaweeza
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Best I can do for you is one of the GSX750 ES/ESD units I'm collecting this week. Should be able to do what you are after for about $300 depending on what parts you are after .

Wayne

Gix11
04-12-2006, 06:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

That would be a PM wheel with bead locks

Bead locks hey? Not familiar with them but they look chunky as. I thought it was part of the wheel. Still like 'em.

Zed14
04-12-2006, 06:13 PM
it is si they are screws around the rim that clamp the bead of the tyre so it doesnt turn with all that power the kawasakis put out. obviously got it from a kawasaki rider that upgraded.:D

jakam04
04-12-2006, 06:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Here is a fine example of a EFE i did about 12 yrs ago :D
Ahh... the good old days. [:p]

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41687221972096.jpg

Did you ride with "The motorcycle club" with denise buggy and crew?? I remember seeing an awesome 1100 efe that was well built up. Looked like that pic above..

Jarrod

suxukifreak
04-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Thats me, i think the buggys had a Honda 1000 back then and lived in the Stafford area.

jakam04
04-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Mate,

Thats one of the bikes that got me interested in street fighters... I loved the way you did the chrome work including replacement brackets. Nice... Back then I had a 93 model GSXF750, pretty blue green one.. lol..

Jarrod

suxukifreak
04-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Mate. im glad i put you on the right track. ;)
You might be sad to hear that the EFE is no longer in one piece, as i made a nice Kat out of most ot it.

jakam04
04-12-2006, 06:38 PM
lmfao.... may she rest in peices...

Ive also graduated from a poor little GSXF to a GSXR1100...

All good

Jarrod

Slingblade
04-12-2006, 08:03 PM
I was thinking along the lines of the bike on the dyno in issue 152 page 29 of streetfighters mag. That is tough as far as i am concerned. Dunno about the turbo though.

Slingblade
04-12-2006, 08:34 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41687259153328.jpg

LIKE DIS[:p]

Slingblade
04-12-2006, 08:36 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41687259168907.jpg
AND DIS

Gix11
04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
That one above has an GSXR1100 motor in it, not an EFE.

I had a run in with a turbo EFE in Bristol back in 1992. I thought I was the dogs bollox with one of the first Fireblades in the UK and nothing could out accelerate me on the streets. I flew up behind this EFE with FUCK YOU written across the tail lights and got right up his arse to egg him on (being the dick I was - and still am) and he opened it up. Big deal, I stuck to him like glue until about 120 mph when I realised he had actually been spinning the wheel up to then, then it grabbed, lifted the front and fucked off. I just throttled off and realised I had been fucke up the arse and shown the light at the same time. Changed my mind about off the shelf crotch rockets right there and then. My next bike was a ZX10/ZZR1100 Fighter.

Bow to the EFE......

Slingblade
04-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Tut tut Si,

Jumpin to the end of the topic.

The plan is for a gsxr motor as i think the older gsx mill would take alot more cash to get the best out of it. Although it was a torque monster from what i have read on them now.

Gix11
04-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Yea, sorry mate, I've been flicking backwards and forward over many topics today and I forgot you mentioned the rolling chassis. The frame always looks like it could do with a bit of beefing up to me though........

Slingblade
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
To be honest with you the blade just doesnt blow my skirt up like i thought it would. I figured fightering it would make it more appealing, and it has. It sounds great now with the pods and pipe howling and it still handles better than i can ride it but it doesnt grab me by the jatz crackers like i want my bike to. I am not a gun rider and dont pretend to be . I get more satisfaction wrestling a big beast around and arriving sweaty and with a big assed grin on my face a few minutes behind the latest crotch rockets.

Is any of this makin any sense?

megareg
05-12-2006, 11:14 AM
<snip>
"I get more satisfaction wrestling a big beast around and arriving sweaty and with a big assed grin on my face a few minutes behind the latest crotch rockets. "

Sure does, I like where you're coming from, that's why I like my Kat so much, may not be the fastest or easiest to ride fast, but when it all comes together.... one bigarsed shiteating grin!

Cheers
Reg.

megareg
05-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Oh, and forgot, I have most of the real good bitz for an EFE motor arriving from the States soon (Xmas pressie for me!) will need head and cams, if you manage to get hold of some spare EFE motor bitz for your frame... remember me!!!
Reg.

Slingblade
05-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Got bloody stuck at work until after six and didnt make it back to look at the frame, but i am going first thing tomorrow morning.

what bits reg?? I have been thinking about it and doing the original motor would be great but i think availability will be the issue. Although that motor was around for a long time so i should be able to find something compatible.

Hillsy
05-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Alright, time for the old grainy shots....here's my old EF from about 7 years ago. It had a 1200 kit and went like the clappers. Re-built the whole thing from a $700 piece of crap to a ........spent too much on it really kinda missile.....
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/625810634230021.jpg

Slingblade
05-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Nice work Hillsy. That is old skool. Seat looks good, is it a corbin??

megareg
06-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Slingblade, them motors are a bit hard to find, I have managed to find most of the good bitz (crank, cases, transmission, clutch basket, barrel), but not the head and cams... I want to strip all the black paint off it and whack it in my Kat and use the original Kat head on it... that way it will be harder to pick it as an EFE motor in the Kat.. I want a bit of a sleeper for the street and be able to drag it for fun, what I mean is that if you manage to find some bitz and there is a spare set of cams and a head around that you don't want.. please remember me!! Having said that, I will certainly let you know of any EFE motor bitz (complete or just bitz) that I come across... EBay is my friend at the moment...
<thinks... I must give Mick Brace a call...>

Slingblade
06-12-2006, 08:19 AM
yeah i think the gsxr motor will be easier to find. Bit of a pain in the ass to fit but the frame will need bracing anyway.

Hillsy
06-12-2006, 11:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Slingblade

Nice work Hillsy. That is old skool. Seat looks good, is it a corbin??

That seat was done by a local motor trimmer who copied the Corbin look. He did a pretty good job of it, too.

Like megareg says, the EF motors are getting hard to find now - they were the easiest Katana power upgrade in their day (they bolted straight in), so a lot of EF chassis' ended up collecting dust at the wreckers. Also they were/are sort after by the draggers and the speedway guys (along with the other GSX donks) mainly because of the roller bearing cranks and the 4 valve heads.

If you haven't already, have a look at the GS Resources forum (www.thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php) - they used to have quite a few drag guys on their with parts for sale and go fast tips.

06-12-2006, 12:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Slingblade

Tut tut Si,

Jumpin to the end of the topic.

The plan is for a gsxr motor as i think the older gsx mill would take alot more cash to get the best out of it. Although it was a torque monster from what i have read on them now.

The GSX1135 mill were the dogs bollocks as torque monsters, the most powerful motor to come out of Japan till the mid/late 90's. Lifting the front end was child's play on'em. And beefing them up ain't difficult. A lot of the motors ended up on the drag strip and in side car racing, as mentioned, because of the unbeatable and bullet proof grunt they provided.

But they are a wide motor, and scraping the cases is a problem if you like to play in the twisties. and they can crack the oil covers if you spit them down the road on the left-hand side. Plus Gixxer motors are a lot easier to come by these days.

I still have the workshop and aftermarket manuals for them if you need any info/pics.

Slingblade
06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
thanks for the advice fellas. I went to look at it this morning and its still fuckin buried in shit. Typical wreckers, they make me laugh, try to charge you good money for what someone else has practicaly given away and then act like they are doing you a favour. I am checking back on friday as they reckon it will be out then.

God
06-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey Sling,

It just sounds like you're not a "honda rider".

suxukifreak
06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Me EFE motor must of been a lemon because i did a crank bearing, so i had the crank rebuilt, balanced and welded, did a 1200 Wiseco kit and other stuff ($3000 12 yrs ago :() and that lasted a year before more bottom end noise started, so thats why my EFE streetfighter is no more. [V] :)

Hillsy
07-12-2006, 09:14 AM
You're not alone there - my EF had a stuffed big end when I got it - $3500 later I had a pretty solid motor (although I was still paranoid about it). But I've heard from a few mechanics who think there might have been a bearing quality problem for the Japs back in 83/84 cause they've also seen air cooled GPZ's with similar crank bearing woes.