PDA

View Full Version : '97 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

sen
03-11-2009, 03:59 PM
My 1997 Honda VTR1000F "Firestorm" is up for sale, as it's time to upgrade to something that more suits the longer distance riding i've been doing lately.. probably a 'busa or something.

The good:
- Full goodridge stainless steel braided lines, front and rear.
- LED indicators on the rear, chopped down the undertail.
- Custom painted red rear hugger, professionally done - cost me way too much $$
- Original Honda rear cowl.
- Staintune round-tip pipes, the original scarily-loud ones before they changed to oval and restricted that beautiful sound.
- Oggy Knobs, billet bar ends, new grips, bunch of other little bits like that.
- Gold-painted wheels and belly pan.
- Brand new brake pads, all fluids changed, tuned, etc.

The bad:
- Has some minor rash on the right side fairing from previous owner static drop, around fairing bolt
- Left side of windscreen support has a crack, you don't see it because it's under the bolts that hold the mirror on, but it's there.
- Could do with a cam chain soon.. no noises, no issues, but noticed it was worn when we had it apart.
- Staintune exhausts have damage again from previous owner, heat marks + scratches.
- "FAIL" numberplates are NOT included, i'll get them changed at RTA before sale

It's a 1997 Honda.. so don't expect a show pony.. it IS reliable as hell though, sounds awesome, goes well, and turns heads..

I want $5k flat for it.. not negotiable (have it listed elsewhere slightly higher but saving you guys the effort of haggling with me down to my lowest price).. i'm not desperate to sell it, so no tyre kickers or stupid offers.. if I don't get $5k, i'll just keep it.

Located in Sydney.

This is semi-recent.. changes since the pic are the red braided brake lines front and rear, and ugly stock indicators on the front so I could pass rego:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_W0W5tBQXgvw/Sp5ecKX1AeI/AAAAAAAAHQs/y2LHOj9EJks/s912/IMG_0543.JPG

robmac
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
How many klms?

sen
03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I think 50k kms, will double check.