PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Need to Streetfight CBR900

kdog
01-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey,
Im about to start converting my CBR900 1993 into a figher I would like to know what I need to change so I dont miss anything.
Heres my list so far.

Tail gsxr600 05 (build new subframe)
Speedo to a stealth trail tech
bar risers (High) with tapered bars (do I need to change cables and brake lines/if yes can I just change top cable to junction box?)
Head light will probley be small twin head light job

Any advice would be awsome

bjrog2@hotmail.com
01-11-2009, 01:01 PM
1. Big hammer
2. 5-9inch grinder
3. Mig welder
4. Alcohol
4.5 Courage

Aside from that, a blatant disregard for the safety operations guideline of the bike, and some oggy-knobs cant hurt.

Take a look at some of the "your ride" bikes mate, they'll give you some inspiration. As a general guideline; naked, straight-barred, loud usually works well. First thing id reccomend mate, head on over to the "Welcome to the Madness" section, and give yourself a formal introduction, the guys appreciate that here.

Ben

Shadowzone
01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
A big set of these:

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1257101829.jpg

And a little of this:

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1257149248.jpg

Coupled with a real bike like a Suzuki would help, but hey we can't all ride the best I guess, so practice on the Honda and do magic with your next one...

Iceman
01-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't understand the question. A streetfighter doesn't require a specific parts list, just passion and attitude.

robmac
02-11-2009, 01:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

I don't understand the question. A streetfighter doesn't require a specific parts list, just passion and attitude.

Couldn't agree more. Add in a little imagination and away you go.

80s freak
02-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Look, ogle, pick the bits you like and go for it!

sen
02-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Gaffa tape and cable ties. LOTS of cable ties. ;)

Fight_fan
02-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Lube & the right attitude!

Oh... & a hacksaw!

Ross_247
02-11-2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1257141144.jpg

&

Plenty of Black Spray Paint !

wackyrider
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Imagination and the willingness to keep trying and disregard the fuck ups till you get it right, making your ride unique

bladehunter
02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I've found evil little voices help

aero
03-11-2009, 08:12 PM
GDAY KDOG I UNDERSTAND YOUR DELEMER AS I HAVE BEEN EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE NOW NOT THAT LONG AGO WITH MY 1993 MODEL, YOU ARE NO DOUGHT JUST READY TO MAKE THE INITIAL FIRST CHOP AND NEED SOME BASIC GUIDENCE IN WHAT TO EXPECT (PRIOR) TO ALL OUT INDIVIDUALISM!!!
LET ME KNOW WHAT AREAS YOU NEED HELP WITH AND I'LL HOPEFULLY BE ABLE TO ASSIST WITHOUT HINDERING!
BE BRAVE[:o)], MUCH FRUSTRATION LAYS AHEAD:(, BUT TRUE PRIDE WILL PROVALE:D
STEVE.

03-11-2009, 09:50 PM
LISTEN TO AERO. HE SHOUTS LOUDER THAN ANYONE ELSE.

latheboy
04-11-2009, 06:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by playswithnitro

LISTEN TO AERO. HE SHOUTS LOUDER THAN ANYONE ELSE.

NO HE DOESN'T, I DO:D

revken
04-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Attitude is what its all about, as a few others have said. try things out. Get some aluminium extrusions and stuff and play around with making trim pieces that are unique. Use your imagination, look for inspiration at other bikes and don't be afraid to try something different. You might fuck it up, but you might make something awesome. You never know until you give it a go. Also, never consider your bike finished. There is no such thing as a finished bike. There is always something that you can change as you try to interpret the "perfect idea" into the "perfect reality" (to borrow Plato's cave theory). Trawl through this site, in amongst the funny stuff there is some awesome engineering going on, some complex and best left to experts, but some of it is stuff us mere mortals can do. Let it be your passion, but make sure you enjoy it. I'm just about to move to a house with a decent shed again, hate working in a carport. Can't wait.

aero
04-11-2009, 05:05 PM
YEAH THANKS KEV FOR THE SITING OF THE SPELLING AND GRAMMER.
WELL DONE!!!
JUST TRYING TO HELP A BLOKE GET INTO THE AWSOME WORLD OF
BIKE MODIFICATION, NOT ENGLISH AS A FUCKING SUBJECT!!!
THANKS AGAIN.

bladehunter
04-11-2009, 07:54 PM
OI WHAT YOU SAYING ABOUT MY GRAMMA SHE'S A WONDERFUL LADY......IT'S THE STEROIDS THAT BRING THE RAGE ON

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
04-11-2009, 08:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by aero

YEAH THANKS KEV FOR THE SITING OF THE SPELLING AND GRAMMER.
WELL DONE!!!
JUST TRYING TO HELP A BLOKE GET INTO THE AWSOME WORLD OF
BIKE MODIFICATION, NOT ENGLISH AS A FUCKING SUBJECT!!!
THANKS AGAIN.

Easy Tiger

jakam04
05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Aero,

revken was also trying to offer advice as well. One thing he was trying to say in a round about way when mentioning shouting etc is that on this web thing, writing in capitals is considered shouting. Just keep that in mind when typing on this forum hey.

Jarrod

aero
05-11-2009, 09:21 AM
understood jarrod
cheers

Seifer
05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Aero, generally in the English language, sentences start with a capital letter, a similar characteristic to that of a proper noun, in this case being the name Jarrod.

Hillsy
05-11-2009, 01:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Seifer

Aero, generally in the English language, sentences start with a capital letter, a similar characteristic to that of a proper noun, in this case being the name Jarrod.

lol....umm, I mean LOL.....No, L.O.L. :D

robmac
05-11-2009, 01:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Seifer

LMAO :D

aero
05-11-2009, 01:52 PM
As posted previously young Scott
i wasnt joining this fourum for an english
lesson. I thought this was a bike site that
was aimed at guys interested in custom bike modification
not capital letters and the proper usage of nouns.
I'll tell ya what i'll do, I'll unsbscribe from my
membership, Get back to the workshop building bikes
and not bother with little smartarse fuckers like yourself
that have left school two seconds ago.
p.s Scotty
I've would have been modifiying bikes since before you would have found out
how to wank!!! pitty you havent learnt to stop!

sen
05-11-2009, 01:54 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/popcorn_1.gif

Gix11
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Come on guys, this is a bike forum. If you're so bored you have to nit pick about spelling and grammar you have too much time on your hands. Get out to the shed will ya!

aero
05-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Cheers Gix.
Could no agree more.

Hillsy
05-11-2009, 02:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by kdog

Hey,
Im about to start converting my CBR900 1993 into a figher I would like to know what I need to change so I dont miss anything.
Heres my list so far.

Tail gsxr600 05 (build new subframe)
Speedo to a stealth trail tech
bar risers (High) with tapered bars (do I need to change cables and brake lines/if yes can I just change top cable to junction box?)
Head light will probley be small twin head light job

Any advice would be awsome

Well, back to the original post, outside all the things like attitude, imagination, make it unique, you already have a pretty good list of things to do. Anything on top of that will be icing on the cake (rearsets, SSSA, USD forks ;)). But yeah - there's no definitive "list" of things to do to make a fighter...

You will probably need to change cables for the handlebar conversion (you might get away with re-routing the original throttle cables like I did on my ZX9). If your brake line has a bolt up splitter, you can change the top line with a longer one for a low cost mod, otherwise a pair of braided lines is good form and function. Clutch cables are pretty generic - take yours to a bike shop / wrecker and get a longer one.

Job done? No, you've just started [:0].....Good luck with it ;)

revken
05-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Settle down dude, one of the things on this site is that people take the piss out of each other a bit in good humour. Once you get used to it, you'll enjoy it like the rest of us. I wasn't having a go at you at all mate, I was following on from the "I shout louder" thing that was happening, and I apologise if that is the way it came across. I will modify that post and remove it. No harm was ever intended.
By the way, my name is Ken, not Kev. rev ken. i hope my correcting my own name doesn't offend.
I hope you don't mind me asking, but if you have been modifying bikes for so long, why are you asking for our advice? Is this your first go at a fighter? It would be good to hear about your other experiences as I'm sure you have something to ad to the collective wisdom of the forum. There are lots of always on the lookout for new ideas and tips. Particularly on paint for me.

scotty
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM

p.s Scotty

now why bring me in to it???????????
i'm the best fooking wanker around. and older than u..... spanky

aero
05-11-2009, 03:43 PM
G'day Ken.
Appologies for the agressive nature of my responces,
I'm more than aware that my literacy skill are far from
exceptional, therefore when its pointed out to me i get a little
hot under the collar! takin the piss out of someone is a very aussie
thing to do and very much a part of my humor, but degrading someones
skills of basic gramer (as others have in this post)when we are ment to be sharing
thoughts and skill in regards to motorcycles just fucks me off!
Now thats off my chest, lets start again Ken.
Kdog was the one asking for advise (not myself) I only responded to his 1st post
as i have recently just finished a full rewire of my 93 blade and thought i might
be able to assist as there are a few tricks to getting the wiring around the frame
and air box. my list of previous bikes include 91 gixxer 750, 98 zx6, wr450, turbo gpz,
zzr1100 and x3 fireblades, all fightered and finnished, not just unfinished projects
plans are now in place for a turbo trx850 with 04 r1 front and rear ends with an 07 r6 tail.
I have painted all my bikes and are currently planing a spray of a mates blade929 fighter and a
crazer candy job on my current blade.
There ya go Ken, Thats me!!!
Now get ya arse the bloody toy run and we can hug and get on with the more important stuff,
<h1>BIKES!!!</h1>
Cheers Steve.

revken
05-11-2009, 08:34 PM
sounds fuckin awesome aero lol.
turbo trx sounds wicked mate

wackyrider
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM

p.s Scotty

Don't get to worked up about it mate. Some times people just love to give shit to the new guys. I wouldn't stress too much about it. There's some real ace people on this site and some shit stirrers as well. Up to you who you listen to.

Just ignore the smart ass comments and enjoy the ride. Once you meet up with a few of the guys for a ride and a beer, you get to know them

HOS
05-11-2009, 11:40 PM
These fuckers can`t talk propper English like what we can :D:D

For the Blade streetfighter I`d recommend a good GSXR engine for starters and maybe try and find a decent Suzuki frame to go with it [:p][:o)][^]

Seifer
06-11-2009, 06:35 AM

p.s Scotty

I'm really impressed by your age Steve.... Reallly impressed.

Fight_fan
06-11-2009, 06:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

These fuckers can`t talk propper English like what we can :D:D

For the Blade streetfighter I`d recommend a good GSXR engine for starters and maybe try and find a decent Suzuki frame to go with it [:p][:o)][^]

BAAAHAHAHAHA! :D[:p]