PDA

View Full Version : My 'New' mufflers.....you decide...

sharky
23-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Sidekick performfance (Karitsu)
1st Attempt.
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1256342442.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1256346623.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1256374101.jpg

2nd Attempt.
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1256353076.jpg

No weld penetration...joint between straight section and cone visible.
Demanded and got a full refund....:(

watkins
23-10-2009, 05:35 PM
made in china??

WATEVR
23-10-2009, 05:35 PM
WTF!!! youre kidding arent you?

Weaselman
23-10-2009, 06:00 PM
karitsu made those?

Shite

Watto
23-10-2009, 06:48 PM
mate I'm no fabricator but they look pretty crap IMO and I'm not saying I could do any better

Iceman
23-10-2009, 06:50 PM
they look shit Russ, good thing you got your money back

Shadowzone
23-10-2009, 07:55 PM
As bad as they are, they're still better than I could do.....

grindella
23-10-2009, 08:58 PM
If you cant do it yourself, you get a "tradesman" to do it, I am glad you got your money back, when you pay for something you should get it. Those pipes where shit. Did you ask if the apprentice made them?

miniman1
24-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Wow!!!! Thats amazingly bad. Did he make em whilst pissed/blindfolded???

You mind if I ask what he's charging for those???

alfiestorm
24-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Thats not good is it. wouldnt have thought that was from the same maker going by the other stuff. What the fuck happened I wonder.

alf

Fight_fan
24-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Thats pretty fuckin poor isnt it! Hopefully it was jst the apprentice...

bluemk1
24-10-2009, 11:45 AM
so is that the finished product? [V]

sharky
24-10-2009, 12:14 PM
quote:so is that the finished product?
Supposedly...but if I had linished the grinder marks out of the 2nd set I would have ended up with 4 seperate parts as there would be no weld left.
I'm just pissed that we got the big "I am" from him and this was the end result.

Cruisecontrol
24-10-2009, 01:43 PM
What did you ask for?
Based on the pics, surely you weren't chasing a set of complete mufflers.

sharky
24-10-2009, 01:56 PM
No I wasn't CC....I wanted a pair of cans (full detailed drawings were supplied) so that I could ad the supertrapp inner parts and end caps myself.
Mk I
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1256414035.jpg

MkII version.
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1256410607.jpg

Lucas
24-10-2009, 02:37 PM
thats some impressive work there Sharky. You;ve twisted my rubber arm to go and buy some now.

Cruisecontrol
24-10-2009, 08:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

No I wasn't CC....I wanted a pair of cans (full detailed drawings were supplied) so that I could ad the supertrapp inner parts and end caps myself.

Well, there was his first mistake.
If he makes complete mufflers he should stick to supplying simply that. I don't know a whole lot about the process but I dare say that the devil is in the details ie like everything with modified bikes small changes are made all the time during installation, shave a bit here, add a bit here, hit it with a bloody hammer there etc.
By supplying a part he has left himself very open to criticism due to not being able to fix all those little things that are done when it is being put together at the end.

Although as you say if the welds are fucked then it is, well, fucked...

Shadowzone
24-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey Russ, If you don't want em, I'll take em off ya hands, I have an idea whereby they'll be usable and it won't matter about the problems they have...

sharky
25-10-2009, 07:02 AM
They have all been returned mate.

Tony OW31
25-10-2009, 07:13 AM
[/quote]

Well, there was his first mistake.
If he makes complete mufflers he should stick to supplying simply that. I don't know a whole lot about the process but I dare say that the devil is in the details ie like everything with modified bikes small changes are made all the time during installation, shave a bit here, add a bit here, hit it with a bloody hammer there etc.
By supplying a part he has left himself very open to criticism due to not being able to fix all those little things that are done when it is being put together at the end.

Although as you say if the welds are fucked then it is, well, fucked...
[/quote]

Have to disagree with you in this case. The client provided dimensioned drawings, if the product conforms to the drawings, there is no problem. In fact it is far easier to make something to drawing than to make it fit something. My workshop produces similar items to this every day (non MC related) and I would much rather have a drawing such as provided by sharky (could do with a few tolerances tho)

Lucas
25-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm no boilermaker/metal fab guru etc but it doesn't seem to be the most complicated bit of kit. You'd assume that someone who touts himself as a master exhaust manufacturing wonderchild wouldn't have any problems knocking up a few covers. Thts the sort of quality work we were knocking up in year 9 metalwork that ended up being turned into novelty bongs as it was useless for anything else.

Shipping out that kind of end product does wonders for ones personal and business credability.

BANDITROD
25-10-2009, 10:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

I'm no boilermaker/metal fab guru etc but it doesn't seem to be the most complicated bit of kit. You'd assume that someone who touts himself as a master exhaust manufacturing wonderchild wouldn't have any problems knocking up a few covers. Thts the sort of quality work we were knocking up in year 9 metalwork that ended up being turned into novelty bongs as it was useless for anything else.

Shipping out that kind of end product does wonders for ones personal and business credability.
cmon mate novelty my arse lol

Jup
25-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I've always considered your ass a novelty Rod ;)

Cruisecontrol
25-10-2009, 12:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

Have to disagree with you in this case. The client provided dimensioned drawings, if the product conforms to the drawings, there is no problem. In fact it is far easier to make something to drawing than to make it fit something. My workshop produces similar items to this every day (non MC related) and I would much rather have a drawing such as provided by sharky (could do with a few tolerances tho)

But there may have been other parameters, such as was it a quick cash job done on the cheap?

My point was that he was asked to supply an unfinished job and he did exactly that.

Lucas
25-10-2009, 02:08 PM
they were novelties Rod but they did get put to use:D

MTBEERWAH
25-10-2009, 02:59 PM
with the right tool you can build anything,obviously he was the wrong tool, this is my field of work, i`d feel ashamed to give that to a customer,shody workmanship, a drawing was provided, so you`d try and make it pretty dam close

BANDITROD
25-10-2009, 03:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

they were novelties Rod but they did get put to use:D
;):D[:p][^]

sharky
25-10-2009, 06:36 PM
quote:But there may have been other parameters, such as was it a quick cash job done on the cheap?
My point was that he was asked to supply an unfinished job and he did exactly that.
Nothing of the sort mate.
He was told it wasn't a rush as I was having a frame built.
For the 2nd set my words were "I'd rather you take your time and get them right this time"
He was aware the final product would not be polished but any coating would show up the grinder marks, and as I said if they were linished out the ends would fall of through lack of penetration.

Cruisecontrol
25-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Well he hasn't done himself any favours then because there appears to be no reason at all for the shithouse result.

Cheers for the heads up.

gibbo
25-10-2009, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Well he hasn't done himself any favours then because there appears to be no reason at all for the shithouse result.

Cheers for the heads up.

Fucken hell mate, you took some convincing! One look at the pics was enough for me[V]

ShedBoy
29-10-2009, 06:29 PM
It looks like a fucking hobo has had a go at it. I suggest testing the strebgth of the items up side his head. If that is what he is prepared to let show we can only imagine what he would hide if given a chance.

latheboy
30-10-2009, 08:32 AM
quote:

But there may have been other parameters, such as was it a quick cash job done on the cheap?

There are no paramters when doing a job, a rough job is never an excuse and it is a finished job as far as the drawing states.

Id like to hear from Karitsu as to what happened.

gibbo
30-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I reckon Karitsu might have choked on that trumpet he kept blowing [B)][:I]

sharky
30-10-2009, 01:32 PM
quote:such as was it a quick cash job done on the cheap?

Even if he had given me $50 I still would have binned 'em.

Cruisecontrol
30-10-2009, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Cheers for the heads up.

Fucken hell mate, you took some convincing! One look at the pics was enough for me[V]

The devil is in the details...
I have had things come back to bite me on the arse after someone has asked for one thing but expected something else entirely.

I insist on clarification before I start swinging. :D

ozzy1100
30-10-2009, 09:53 PM
i dont like giveing shit2 people giving it a go but fuck russ did u piss in his pot of tea or some thing
they are pitty ordenry

zx12argh
31-10-2009, 01:03 AM
I've seen these bits of metal in the flesh - rough job or not if I was trying to build any kind of reputation I would not have let these left my workshop. Seeing these cans has left me with zero desire to use Karitsu... which is a shame considering I had a couple ideas for him.