PDA

View Full Version : You cannot be SERIOUS!!

Razorback
20-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Hows this for 21st century fucken bullshit...

I go into the Golden Grove Tavern with a mate to have a counter meal the other night and I go up to the bar...

"Ill have a pint of Coopers Ale please"

Girl grabs the fucken schooner glass not the proper imperial pint.

"I want a pint thanks"
"This is a pint"
"no its not thats a schooner, I want a 600ml(570ml whatever detail freaks) Imperial Pint please"
"Oh you cant have that"
"Why the jolly well not ?"
"We dont have a button on the till for it"

*WTF look on the face followed by 15 secs of me staring in silence trying to find a response*

"Ok so lets get this straight... I can see the glass, I can see the tap, I have the cash, Im not intoxicated, Im over 18 and not banned from this pub. Despite meeting all those basic requirements, I cant have an imperial pint of coopers ?"

"no sorry"

"shit ok whatever Ill have a fucken schooner"

I should have got my phone out and put it on tape for Youtube because its beyond my comprefuckinghension [B)]

Weaselman
20-10-2009, 06:21 PM
rack off you pommy bastard :D[B)]

Fight_fan
20-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I cant get pints either mate... Went to a victorian pub n asked for a schooner n I got the most odd look tho!

Weaselman
20-10-2009, 06:30 PM
you only got an odd look because you tried to pay in dollars not pasos

Razorback
20-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah Weasel its pretty damn sad...

I mean its not like they didnt know what a pint was... it was bloody sureal lol

Oh and Im naturalised now so Im only a partially whinging pom :p

boris
20-10-2009, 07:05 PM
ha I went to akmal at the coffs RSL and the bartender talked me into a pint glass( he didn't have to try too hard) over a schooner near the same price too

Jup
20-10-2009, 07:46 PM
A real man would have ordered a jug...

Mishdog20
20-10-2009, 09:07 PM
^^^A fish bowl...

geesexar
21-10-2009, 04:17 AM
a bucket

mrgixxer
21-10-2009, 05:19 AM
A KEG

Fight_fan
21-10-2009, 06:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

A real man would have ordered a jug...

Our locals no longer serve jugs of beer hey! Its fuckin ridiculous! :(

Jup
21-10-2009, 08:40 AM
So how do 5 blokes have beer and nachos, are they all expected to order individual glasses? You're right, that's just crap!

Razorback
21-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Nearly impossible to get a jug these days.. fuggin Doooooooooo gooders have seen to that too..

Was in Canada not so long ago and everyone orders "pitchers" which is a Jug... really cool pubs with stuff like free peanuts in the shell and one place even had free nachos..

Good to see some places havnt been beaten into no fun zones by lesbians and greenies.

shultram
21-10-2009, 04:11 PM
You fellas think you got it bad, i went to my local the other friday night for a beer. Asked for a schooner got given a fuckin plastic cup! apparently people have been gettin stabbed with schooner glasses at a few places in town so the bastards won't serve glass after a certain hour.

Fight_fan
21-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Geez! U must live in hardcore country! We get glassings but only get plastics cups if ur on the side of the bar that has the dance floor...

shultram
22-10-2009, 11:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Geez! U must live in hardcore country! We get glassings but only get plastics cups if ur on the side of the bar that has the dance floor...

Lol yeah hardcore Newcastle NSW, going out in newy used to be fun now its a joke.

Jup
22-10-2009, 12:45 PM
We've come along way since "The Newcastle song" with Normie in his hot FJ that's for sure!

Razorback
22-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Its the bloody metro fag invasion pushing us all into drinking coronas with lime slices and vodka cruisers... I was in a pub in VIC about 2 weeks before they banned smoking in bars with a young mate of mine (about 25)... I said to him "take a good look around mate, those old fellas enjoying a beer and a smoke in a public front bar, thats the last time you will see it, they fought in two f@!#$% wars to come home and have some Dyke in Canberra take away their right to enjoy a beer and a ciggy".... Its wrong I tells ya!! wrong!!

336LJ
22-10-2009, 01:13 PM
wat the fuck - last time i was IN a pub - they had free peanuts - jugs - JUGS (tits) and $3 fishermans catch baskets stacked to the handle with seafood n chips..

This is why I dont drink. pubs are cunts.... I should ask my uncle who's a publican what the go is. and demand action!

I'm not DOWN with the HOME BOYS - on what drink lingo there is. but the one with red bulln vodka (seriously I don't drink to the point I have no idea) they charge you for a full can of redbull, but only use half of it, to make another one, they open another can! my mate got into an argument cause they wouldnt use the other half

el sammo
22-10-2009, 03:35 PM
australia is getting way too over policed and over regulated,

gixkat
22-10-2009, 04:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by el sammo

australia is getting way too over policed and over regulated,

Yes we are, but it seems we dont give a fuck, I dont see any of us doing anything about it, we are all just kicking back and letting the nannies of this world have at us with a fuckin large strapon:(:(

Jup
22-10-2009, 05:04 PM
The pubs will die as the local bottleshop + BBQ at a mates place becomes the new norm. The bastards can't touch that!

uncle pervy
22-10-2009, 05:50 PM
give em a chance. they'll work out some way to stop it.

Razorback
22-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Well I guess once they talk everyone in to stopping drinking it wont be a problem anymore.

JackTar
22-10-2009, 07:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

The pubs will die as the local bottleshop + BBQ at a mates place becomes the new norm. The bastards can't touch that!

I call bullshit.

Who cares about this shit seriously? Have a fucken beer and get over it ya whingin cunts.

latheboy
23-10-2009, 06:48 AM
This is why i only drink at places where i have full run of the place...
If i feel like a beer/shot/mix i just go make it and open the till and pay...

Pubs will never die, they will just change with the times and set themselves up for the 18 to 25's.. shit music and disco balls, there will always be the Corner,Espy,Tote and other choice bars.