PDA

View Full Version : new project -basket case wanted

Jockney Rebel
14-10-2009, 10:12 PM
looking for a basket case Suzuki GT750 triple mainly want the engine for fighterbased lightweght 2 stroke

Hillsy
16-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Here's 3 motors in the States:

http://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12242

Jockney Rebel
17-10-2009, 12:13 AM
ta hillsy ..im not in a hurry id rather find one here if i can..idea is to put a tuned triple 2 stroke in a triumph triple rolling chassis...i might even consider the Gt550./H1/KH500

Tone
17-10-2009, 09:57 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1255762179.jpg

Can't help with kettle Jim but thought you might like this.
Flagged this guy down while out walking the dog a week or so back after I heard it coming up the road.Apparently he spent 30K (?) getting it back to this nick after an old neighbour of his passed it on to him.Old guy had it since new and bought it in Brookvale at some long gone bike shop.Wish I owned it to butcher...err fighter I mean,nostalgia's not big on list....but then again!

JackTar
17-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Nice Tone but 30k?

Jockney Rebel
18-10-2009, 06:57 PM
erm dont look much like a basket case to me .nice all the same .thanks tho 30k ? i can think of a lot of goodies 30k could buy

Right some bloke phoned me up on Sat [mustve got the number off the SOS website ]anyway hes got a kettle engine seized centre cylinder $200 in Queensland
once i find out were he is id like to arrange for one of you kind gentlemen to have a butchers at it for me not too bothered about condition however id like to know why the centre cylinder seized ,ie heat seizure or a mechanical one [its gonna be rebuilt from the ground up anyway] but MUST be complete..thats the sort of thing im after ..
This will be a looong term project lol I intend to put one of these engines in a trumpy rolling chassis[keeping the triple theme going]
did some sums and the 750 triple in that frame should weigh in at about the same as the 1050 bout 195kgs

the oldgirl weighed in at 230kgs stock and produced about 67bhp but i reckon we can improve on that..he he