PDA

View Full Version : REARSET'S ?

Harry
11-10-2009, 05:51 PM
i'v looked at alot of rearsets lately to find there pretty expensive if bought to fit a bandit,although there's set's around a bit cheaper than the made to fit job's that are just advertised as japenese motorcycle,most of which have 50mm hole center's for the mounting bolt's...the 96 bandit by my ruler is 75mm,
iv looked in the how to section and there's nothing on how to make an adaptor plate to fit rearset's. maybe someone could put a thread into the how to section. [?]

BANDITROD
11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
its easy mate you can use just good old mild steel or make some fancy fuckers like i did for my kwaka i used 10mm alloy flat and it only cost me around $15 ju8st remember to rub some candle wax on the cut off wheel on your grinder first the ones i made hold my weight mate so i am sure you will be fine

sharky
11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Harry me lad...send me a template and I can cut them at work from some plate for ya.

Harry
11-10-2009, 06:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Harry me lad...send me a template and I can cut them at work from some plate for ya.
Sharky your a bloody champ mate...i dont have access to as much as a vice at home,it was a case of build a bike or build a shed with a work shop...hmmmm built the bike:)
if it's the template of the rearsets you need ya going to have to wait for me to buy some,iv held back with the veiw of will the bastards fit or how do i make em fit...been pull'in my hair out over it. was that you that helped me out lost in brisbane one friday nite?

Harry
11-10-2009, 06:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

its easy mate you can use just good old mild steel or make some fancy fuckers like i did for my kwaka i used 10mm alloy flat and it only cost me around $15 ju8st remember to rub some candle wax on the cut off wheel on your grinder first the ones i made hold my weight mate so i am sure you will be fine
i need to see a pic rod to get some idea of wat im doing,metal work is not my high point on the list of shit i can do..if you want to know how to lift 90 ton i could tell you...how to make adapter plate's...im fucked. it's sad

BANDITROD
11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
hahahahahaha its all good mate if you want a pic i will go and take one for ya

sharky
11-10-2009, 06:59 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1255312323.jpg

Harry
11-10-2009, 07:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

hahahahahaha its all good mate if you want a pic i will go and take one for ya
with taking the risk of look'in like a dickhead....yeah rod i would'nt mind a look [V]

Harry
11-10-2009, 07:14 PM
shit sharky i just looked up and releized im look'in at you on the ASF calender HA nice shot :D

JackTar
11-10-2009, 07:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Harry

shit sharky i just looked up and releized im look'in at you on the ASF calender HA nice shot :D

Lose ya lunch?

Harry
11-10-2009, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

quote:Originally posted by Harry

Lose ya lunch?
jacktar you are a man of few words...ha :)

sharky
11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
quote:Lose ya lunch?
You're just wishing you could be looking up and seeing me staring down at ya
[:0];)

Harry
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

quote:Lose ya lunch?
You're just wishing you could be looking up and seeing me staring down at ya
[:0];)
just flipped over ta huey's blade.........