PDA

View Full Version : BIKE SHOP FUCKWITS!

EFE 1230
10-10-2009, 08:01 PM
hit a couple of shops and encountered the following fucktards

Shop no 1

(me) got any straight srad tanks?
(staff) yeah, I'll go get one

bloke comes back with a "custom" painted tank that even a blind man can see is full of bog

(me) no good mate the (welded) seam at the front of the tank is "missing", it's been bogged up
(staff) nah, I don't think you can see the seam welds
(me) yes,yes you can have you got another as I only want a good one
(staff) we can do this one for $250
(me) nah, only want a straight one in original paint
(staff) well I'll go have another look

comes back with a tank in original paint all good, no dents and I showed him the front which you can clearly see the welded seam but...................

(me) it's full of rust (not surface, big chunky flakes and the pump mounting flange was literately so rusted it would need sandblasting)
(staff) well it's straight with no dents, we can do this one for $350

do you think I bought it?............. yeah like fuck I did!

mate's workshop

(tard) I need some fork seals replaced (gix 1000)
(mate) yeah no worries bring it in
(tard) I had them replaced once by ****** and they leaked I reckon they didn't fit them properly
(mate) well he's usually pretty good have you ever dropped it?
(tard) well ummm yeah
(mate) before you had the seals done?
(tard) well ummm yeah
(mate)didn't you bring me a gix 1000 f/end to straighten?
(tard) ummm yeah you stripped it apart and said it had bent inners
(mate) did you replace them?
(tard) ummm well no just took it ****** and he put it back together with new seals
(mate) and now the fork seals leak?
(tard) ummm yeah
(mate) well I can fit new seals for you no problem
(tard) yeah cool
(mate) but they'll leak again
(tard) new seals will leak, why?

(paused)
do you need to be told why? if you answered yes go hang yourself coz you're a 'TARD!
(resumed)

(mate) BECAUSE THE FORKS ARE FUCKING BENT!
(tard) oh yeah is that why?
(mate) yes they're fucked, I told you they were fucked, why pay someone to put the f/end back together with new seals when it's fucked?
(tard) so I could ride it
(mate) sorry I can't fit new seals to a bent f/end
(tard) oh okay

does anyone else run into fucktards of this nature?

watkins
10-10-2009, 09:58 PM
my conversation with 'customer service' calling to ask me about my first service on the bike with them
'were you happy with the first service'
'no'
'were you explained what was done to the bike'
'no'
'was the price same as original quoted'
'no'
'thanks for the feedback sir bye'

-had alarm fitted on the first service, i asked 3 people how the fuck to turn it off then stood outside the workshop for 10minutes pressing buttons and sent the battery flat because i couldnt figure the fucking thing out and instructions were in chinese

not to mention when i asked them to fill in the warranty book
'sorry sir we dont do that here'
'i bought the bike here, youre the dealer'
'yes but i dont know how to fill it in'
'just put the fucking stamp here *point*'

80s freak
10-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Far to often my friend.

wackyrider
10-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Mate, I worked in a bike shop for a few years. Had my fair share of dumbasses. But the best one I remember was the guy who wanted extras for his Yamaha Harley Davidson... WTF!!!!!

oldskool
10-10-2009, 11:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by wackyrider

Mate, I worked in a bike shop for a few years. Had my fair share of dumbasses. But the best one I remember was the guy who wanted extras for his Yamaha Harley Davidson... WTF!!!!!

Come on now lets not tell porkies Jules.

Slain
11-10-2009, 08:23 AM
my chain was stretched and couldnt be farked doing it myself so went to a shop to get it fitted. had a full 520 conversion kit ready to just bolt on, walk into a shop and say how much to fit it, their reply was we cannot do that because the bbike came with a 530 and reducing down to a 520 is illegal and dangerous. wtf!
next shop wanted to charge me $30 extra to fit them because it was 'custom' work, i mean seriously wtf!
next shop wouldnt do it because they were a suzuki dealer and my bike was a honda.
so went to the local bike wreckers and he didnt charge me so guess where my buisness has been going for the last 3 years.
Independant Motorcycle Wreckers = winner lol

EFE 1230
11-10-2009, 08:58 AM
also from shop 1

(me) got any wide drag/flat bars?
(staff) yeah over on the rack
(me) nah need wider ones in alloy
(staff) no any wider than that would be ILLEGAL and they have to be steel anyway
(me) huh?
(staff) no one makes flat alloy bars because they aren't as strong as bars with bends(alloy) so you can only buy them in steel
(me) well I want wider bars than those
(staff) no you can't fit bars wider than the one's we sell because it's ILLEGAL
(me) never heard of that, why are they ILLEGAL?
(staff) well the cops will just defect you for them so you can't fit wider bars than these
(me) really?
(staff) yes, do you want the bars?
(me) I'll think about it..............

I wonder if I import a set from o/s if customs will do me for importing prohibited goods?

HOS
11-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Pass me another fuckwit this ones broken ?

There is no answer for stupid.

Its global and its getting worse every day.

Evolution in reverse ?

StuNVA
11-10-2009, 08:11 PM
This would be nice.

http://mistupid.com/people/page013.htm

scotty
12-10-2009, 01:07 PM
EFE, I get it EVERY FOOOKIN DAY.
I work for a scooter importer and todays best so far is;;
bring bring,
Hello $%$# scooters, Scott speaking,
Hi, Ive got one of your scooters, The rear indicators dont work.
What sort of scooter do you have mate?
It's a 50cc.
Sorry mate, I ment what modle?
Oh, I dont know.
Well, All our 50cc scooters only have the one fuse, It's in the battery box.Dose it start with the starter motor?
Yes.
Well it's not your fuse then, Check the wires at the end of the indicator.
The end has no wire's comming out.
Try the other end mate...
Oh yes there they are,..
Are they connected?
Connected???? To what?
To more wire's...
Nope.
Thats the problem then.
So now what do i do?
Take it to the shop mate, you have done enough...

geesexar
14-10-2009, 06:22 AM
had one yesterday
ME: Gday im im after a set of exhaust gaskets for 92 GSXR1100

TARD: writes it down on piece of paper then checks computer...suzuki dont make them anymore and they dont have a replacement part no.

ME: surely not ask your boss to double check

TARD: goes to talk to supervisor comes back..that was a GS1100 wasnt it?

ME: NO i said a 92 GSXR1100

TARD: Oh sorry I'll just go an check..yes your lucky they do make them...but we dont have them in stock

ME: your lucky to have a job that your no good at

Gitzy
21-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Had one a few months back.

been going to same bike shop for 10 years (why i bother is beyond me)

ME: Hi could you tell me how much pazzos are for 01 1200 Bandit

CHICK (SHOP OWNERS DAUGHTER) : hang on let me check

Shop owner (Behind her) : Fitzy isnt yours a 96 model

ME: Yes mate but i put 01 Master cylinders on it as the other ones were fked and there dif levers

CHICK: Well 01 levers wont fit on a 96 model..

ME: i know but i changed the masters to 01 model..

CHICK: Why?

ME: I just said why.. they were fked

CHICK: why didnt you put 96 masters on it.

ME: i got them off ebay they were the right price..

CHICK: you shouldnt buy off ebay its risky for parts.

ME: JUST FIND ME THE LEVER PRICE??

CHICK: $320

ME: dont worry i'll get iof ebay my triumph set were $260 delivered..

CHICK: suit yourself but its risky and they wont fit..

ME: Bye..

whole time her old man just stood there didnt correct her just said cya..

Gitzy
21-10-2009, 05:12 AM
Same chick dif day..

ME: Hi can you tell me how much a new valve cover would be for a 96 1200 Bandit.. (even gave her part number)

CHICK: $480

ME: your kidding

CHICK: nope thats it.

ME: i'll go ebay.. theres one from America $100 delivered Aus dollars.. 05 model

CHICK: but thats an 05 model there different and ebays bad. you should buy it here..

ME: its the same part number for every bandit until they went water cooled 1250..

CHICK: it wont fit its from a dif country, and you cant get a water cooled bandit

ME: check your knowledge on bikes or get a new job.

bought the 05 cover, looks new, bolted straight onto 96 Bandit..
havent been back to shop..

DiscoDan
21-10-2009, 07:52 AM
scary isn't it, just coz you can look up a part number and operate a cash register does not qualify you for a job

WATEVR
21-10-2009, 10:54 AM
i have been an advoate for supporting local etc blah blah. but i have recently been witness and subject to some of the worse displays of customer service and from my local bike shops.
my wife has been in to the local Honda shop here in Kal and once was told to go get her husband to come in when wanting to order gear in for my kids and the second time when going in to buy crf50 new with cash was served by a guy that didnt want to get off his chair behind the desk and laughed at her for asking if would get a deal of sorts from them, we went to Perth and purchased one from there.
with the strength of the AUS $ the net hasnt been better to buy from, shop owners need pull heads out of arses and consider the way they service there clients or they want have any left.

lous_1979
21-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Watever

Lots of people find the gys here in kal like that. It is a real pitty. I try and support these guys because they are local but they make it harder and harder. I find ray moore prety good his problem is that he is too busy. If you see Daryl (shaved head bloke) at the honda dealer he is much better that the other guy (beard).

Hope you havent tried to get any service at bunnings!!!!! Thats impossible.

WATEVR
21-10-2009, 03:31 PM
yeah i have found that i try and get to Daryl over Paul at Hondas but they have done there dash on this occassion. Lyn at Yamaha is ok once you get her, the only thing with Ray Moore is the lack of options.

as with Bunnings i hearing ya!!

el sammo
22-10-2009, 04:47 PM
get youre own back!!! every time i go into a bike shop and a shark like salesman asks if he can help me as soon as i walk in the door, just say "yeh! i wana buy the fastest bike i can on finance!" you can see the $$$$$ signs ringing in there head before they realise youre takin the piss hahaha cracks me up every time