PDA

View Full Version : could someone please help

structural
09-10-2009, 07:55 PM
could someone please help im turning my 1996 cbr600 into a street fighter and when i unplug my dash to put my new headlight on the bike runs like shit is there a way i can bypass the problem:(

Cruisecontrol
09-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Haha, Rod you have some competition...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/Genius-1.jpg

BANDITROD
09-10-2009, 08:02 PM
thanks mate thats good to know lol

BANDITROD
09-10-2009, 08:25 PM
ok mate at least you have made some sort of effort i supose so welcome to the madness and i am sure someone can answer your question

RED ZX
10-10-2009, 05:33 AM
Not much of an intro there buddy.

Shadowzone
10-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the Madness.

Question one - why are you unplugging the dash to plug in your new headlight?

Question two - Is the wattage on the new headlight the same as the wattage on your old headlight? If not is it higher or lower?

and Question three - Why haven't you blamed your issues on Jacktar? They are clearly his fault!

Answer questions one and two for me and we'll see what we come up with. Sounds pretty simple though...

structural
11-10-2009, 12:14 PM
sorry guys im luke im a new member ive always loved bikes never had the chance to own my own until i got a job lol but i was lucky enough to have friends who owned dirt bikes so i still got to enjoy bikes.I bought my cbr600 about 2 and a bit years ago i rode it for about 2 months then i broke my feema on the wakeboard im just comeing good now so i wanna get back on the bike, while i was injured i started to turn my bike into a streetfighter now the only thing stopping me finishing my bikes trannformation is this stupid dash problem so here i am
Question one answer~i bought a roadtrail headlight and wanted to fit that because im going for the streetfighter look
Question 2 answer~i dont know i just bought it
i would really appreciate if some one could help thanks :D

Jup
11-10-2009, 12:34 PM
MG'day and welcome to the forum,

It would pay for you to investigate (by looking) at the wattage of your original headlight and the wattage of the replacement, then you would know and be able to answer the question.

Some pics might help too mate.

structural
11-10-2009, 02:31 PM
i dont think its the light because i still have the roadtrail headlight on the front of the dash i just want the dash of so the light sits on my forks but as soon as i unplug the speedo and oil lights from the back of the dash the bike runs like shit so ive left the dash on for now with the light on the front

bjrog2@hotmail.com
11-10-2009, 03:10 PM
If you wanna change the position of the dash, you may have to do so with a wee bit o' custom work to the dash mount. I wouldnt reccommend building a bike and leaving the dash off, the "filth" would love to pull you over and book you for that. Perhaps investing in a smaller model Acewell dash would assist you in hiding it somewhere practical. Quite simply, if the bike runs like a bucket with the dash off, dont take the dash off...

structural
11-10-2009, 07:04 PM
P1000123.JPG

Jup
11-10-2009, 07:33 PM
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t323/christsknights/violent064.gif