PDA

View Full Version : HELP

ROB00.44
05-10-2009, 08:22 PM
I have a ZX636 streetfighter it cuts out when i put it in gear and yes the stand is up.
there is earth to the switch but no power

BANDITROD
05-10-2009, 08:33 PM
as yoda said before mate its a fucked stand switch .....make sure when you put the stand up that the pin comes back out of the switch you can check by giving it a pull with your finger or if the other way round just poke it in with a stick ;)aye Dan

ROB00.44
05-10-2009, 08:40 PM
there is earth to the switch but no power

BANDITROD
05-10-2009, 08:43 PM
it most likely wont have power mate maybe try joining the wire's together like oldskool said

ROB00.44
05-10-2009, 08:53 PM
i will give it a go thanks guy's

Benz
05-10-2009, 09:20 PM
If it's wired anything like the old Z's, the earth for the ignition and starter circuit actuator coils, runs through the neutral sw/light, side stand switch, and clutch switch. If the bike is in neutral, it will start, if the bike is in gear with the clutch in , it will start, sidestand down, it will start , but cut out when you engage first gear, or let the clutch out. The earth you are dealing with probably runs to the actuator coil in the ignition/starter relays, and has no power running to it as such,as it is an earth circuit only.
Check your clutch switch,must have continuity across one set of terminals with clutch in and continuity at the other terminal with it out.The black wire at the clutch switch is the MAIN earth connection for these safety switches.
Old Gpz's had a dodgy sidestand switch that would breakdown from vibration,[stopping the bike dead] the fix was to join both wires together at the s/s sw and turf the bastard!!

latheboy
06-10-2009, 07:00 AM
I dont think its the switch, i think you've got a fucked exhausternator valve. If the rez's arn't at the right RPM when you engauge the gears the motor will cut out because there isn't enough flow at the exhausternator valve. But you need to be careful testing for it as the shock though the system can create other problems.
On the ZX636R the valve should last about 70000 k's, if not id be calling a warranty job on it....

80s freak
09-10-2009, 10:41 PM
You are a bad man Lathe.