PDA

View Full Version : steel frame shine up.

Phill
27-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Just had to do a little welding up on the old bike frame, a cbr 1000 f ( yeah, I know old, heavy and not real exciting but i own it) just sanded back the paint and thought maybe, just maybe, it might look good all polished back bare then clear coated to stop the rust. Problem is how well would clear go over steel? Would it just yellow off? or still rist and peel off? I don't know if theres a clear rust proofer out or clear primer either. any ideas?
Phill

fimpBIKES
27-11-2006, 06:26 PM
oooh, they used to do that to some freestyle bmx bikes a few years back

with the weld discolouration looks sweet!

clear powdercoat would be the way to go

Kamakazebusa
27-11-2006, 07:55 PM
There the new stuff from Alsa corp called 'clear for chrome'....basically designed to stick to polished surfaces like chrome or polished alloy.....a few of the boys on here have already used it.

Phill
27-11-2006, 08:02 PM
might have a wander down to your shed Kamakasebusa, whats the addy? Your still in the paint shop in Hornsby yeah?
Cant remember the name but I go through there a bit ( I drive for Toll sometimes)
Too scared to actually visit Ben's shop, Im running on a VERY low budget and dont need any more ideas ( the missus already has the sh1ts about not being able to park in the shed!)

Kamakazebusa
27-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah Phill, still at the same place....8 / 17 King rd , Hornsby. I see the TOLL truck pass alot, u the only one who drives in the area....drop in some time.

Yeah i know what u mean bout Ben's place........went there once and didn't want to go home, poor bastard didn't get any work done that day.......hehehehe